🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Anyone moving to Detroit?

I have an immigrant friend who is planning a move to Detroit. He has been working and living on potatoes and eggs and whatever they feed him at the restaurant he has worked in for 7 years. Saving his money to open his own business someday, buy a house and start a family, he has chosen Detroit. He believes he can get a good deal on a piece of property for his business and has already made contacts with others of his nationality, Russian, in Detroit who are doing similar. At 29, he see's the situation in Detroit as an opportunity that will pay big dividends in 10 or 20 years.

This ought to be interesting to see. Detroit already has a really fragile economy. It'll be interesting to see if an increased minimum wage will put a burden on struggling businesses. I guess we can all learn something from the results. Either the folks making more money will spend more thus stimulating the economy or businesses will lay folks off or cut hours or go out of business thus hurting the economy. It could go either way. Of course, this is statewide so who knows where it will go.

Last edited:
I have an immigrant friend who is planning a move to Detroit. He has been working and living on potatoes and eggs and whatever they feed him at the restaurant he has worked in for 7 years. Saving his money to open his own business someday, buy a house and start a family, he has chosen Detroit. He believes he can get a good deal on a piece of property for his business and has already made contacts with others of his nationality, Russian, in Detroit who are doing similar. At 29, he see's the situation in Detroit as an opportunity that will pay big dividends in 10 or 20 years.

He has my blessings and best wishes...a capitalist with a plan...just what Detroit needs.

He has my blessings and best wishes...a capitalist with a plan...just what Detroit needs.

To bad we don't have more young American born folks like this guy, but it has always been the immigrants that are willing to take the greatest risks, start at the very bottom and just work harder than anyone else to reach a distant goal.

I fully support liberals who extol the virtues of multiculturalism living true to their ideals and making a beeline for Detroit. Think of how culturally enriched their lives would be.

Last edited:
you couldn't pay me to move there. Not with their crooked and corrupted government that help turn the city into a hellhole

Too many Muzzies in greater Detroit for my tastes.

I do sincerely hope this minimum wage hike causes more non-Muslims to think about moving there, though.

We're gonna hafta fight the bastards eventually.

May as well get Detroit primed to be the second Valley Forge.

Detroit needs more policies that favor entrepreneurs and not corrupt bureaucrats. We tried that for 50 years and it only produced extreme failure.

So businesses that are barely getting by in their bad economy are supposed to shell out more for their workers......fucking insane.

So businesses that are barely getting by in their bad economy are supposed to shell out more for their workers......fucking insane.
But what a great way to keep employment of the young and unskilled, down...no.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back