Anyone surprised that America has low expectations for a Republican congress?

We didn't put them in there to "do something", we put them in there to stop Obama. We want government to stop doing things.

What do you want the government to stop doing?

Regulating, taxing, restricting, bailing out, snooping, subsidizing, etc.

If you don't want regulation and taxes then you're violating the constitution. It clearly says that our government is to tax people and business and to regulate commerce. However, if you want to remove all regulations that means all the regulations in red states that have closed women's health clinics are gone and those clinics can reopen.

If we didn't have republicans deregulating everything in site we wouldn't need bail outs for businesses. It was republican deregulation that caused the collapse of our economy in 2008. TARP was the bush boy's legislation. He begged for it and signed it when it got through the congress.

It's the republicans who have put so many many subsidies on business. The oil companies don't need our money. Pelosi passed a bill that would remove all those subsidies. When it got the the Senate the republicans filibustered it so it died.

Snooping is one thing that you and I agree on. I don't believe the government has any right to spy on us. However the legislation that gives the government the power to do that is the patriot act. Which was written by republicans and signed into law by a republican president. That republican president was the bush boy and he was the one who started spying on Americans. He started searching my personal US mail in November 2001. He started tapping my phone in 2003. It didn't stop until 2006 when I finally had enough of it and went to 3 democratic politicians (Senators Cantwell & Murray, House Rep Jay Inslee) to ask them to get the bush boy and post office to stop searching my mail and listening to my phone conversations. It worked. They stopped searching my mail and listening to my phone calls.

We didn't put them in there to "do something", we put them in there to stop Obama. We want government to stop doing things.

If you don't want regulation and taxes then you're violating the constitution. It clearly says that our government is to tax people and business and to regulate commerce. However, if you want to remove all regulations that means all the regulations in red states that have closed women's health clinics are gone and those clinics can reopen.

If we didn't have republicans deregulating everything in site we wouldn't need bail outs for businesses. It was republican deregulation that caused the collapse of our economy in 2008. TARP was the bush boy's legislation. He begged for it and signed it when it got through the congress.

It's the republicans who have put so many many subsidies on business. The oil companies don't need our money. Pelosi passed a bill that would remove all those subsidies. When it got the the Senate the republicans filibustered it so it died.

Snooping is one thing that you and I agree on. I don't believe the government has any right to spy on us. However the legislation that gives the government the power to do that is the patriot act. Which was written by republicans and signed into law by a republican president. That republican president was the bush boy and he was the one who started spying on Americans. He started searching my personal US mail in November 2001. He started tapping my phone in 2003. It didn't stop until 2006 when I finally had enough of it and went to 3 democratic politicians (Senators Cantwell & Murray, House Rep Jay Inslee) to ask them to get the bush boy and post office to stop searching my mail and listening to my phone conversations. It worked. They stopped searching my mail and listening to my phone calls.
That's when you got admitted to see a mental health counsellor and get those happy pills, right?

You asked a question of me and I answered it. You don't like my answers then remain ignorant, I don't care.

That's when you got admitted to see a mental health counsellor and get those happy pills, right?

I think you've either mistaken me for someone else or you're delusional.

Or you just don't like the truths I posted.

You asked a question of me and I answered it. You don't like my answers then remain ignorant, I don't care.

You can reply, I can comment on it.

It's clear you haven't thought through on the things you want government to stop doing.

I guess you just don't give a damn about our constitution and amendments.

That's ok. You're perfectly free to do so. Just know that intelligent people will try to point out the obvious results of what you want.

If you have such distain for our constitution and government why in the world do you stay in America?

I expect them to repeal Obamacare....the clock is ticking

I'm not the one that's delusional. No one gives a fuck about your phone calls or emails.

I will be greatly disappointed if the Republican Congress does not erase the $18 trillion debt

They will try but they will fail.

They will be able to get anything they want through the house. They just need a simple majority.

The senate is a completely different ball game. The gop is going to need 60 votes to over come the filibuster. They won't get it. Even if they do get 60 votes, the president will veto it and they certainly don't have the votes to overcome a presidential veto.

Last edited:

I'm not the one that's delusional. No one gives a fuck about your phone calls or emails.

Actually it wasn't my emails though it could have been I don't know. I was talking about my US mail.

And yes people do care. Patty Murray, Maria Cantwell and Jay Inslee cared. Enough to get it stopped.

The person I was replying to cares too because they said they wanted the government to stop snooping on American citizens.

However it does get a little sticky for you and conservatives when I mention the fact that it was the republican congress who wrote the legislation, passed it and it was the bush boy who signed it. It also gets sticky for you when I post what happened to me and that it was done during the bush boy years.

They will try but they will fail.

They will be able to get anything they want through the house. They just need a simple majority.

The senate is a completely different ball game. The gop is going to need 60 votes to over come the filibuster. They won't get it. Even if they do get 60 votes, the president will veto it and they certainly don't have the votes to overcome a presidential veto.
Failure is not an option

They ran on repealing Obamacare. Anything less is complete failure

Actually it wasn't my emails though it could have been I don't know. I was talking about my US mail.

And yes people do care. Patty Murray, Maria Cantwell and Jay Inslee cared. Enough to get it stopped.

The person I was replying to cares too because they said they wanted the government to stop snooping on American citizens.

However it does get a little sticky for you and conservatives when I mention the fact that it was the republican congress who wrote the legislation, passed it and it was the bush boy who signed it. It also gets sticky for you when I post what happened to me and that it was done during the bush boy years.
It doesn't get sticky for me at all. You're full of shit, I don't share your phobia and Democrats passed the legislation you fear and have done nothing about it.

[QUOTE="Iceweasel, post: 10527807, member: 46539"]I don't share your phobia and Democrats passed the legislation you fear and have done nothing about it.[/QUOTE]

That's right icy. You don't have to share phobias. You have your OWN phobias. Centered around your Obama Derangement Syndrome. Congratulations.

We have just begun our real recovery from Bush and let's hope the Republicans don't start us down that path again. There must be some other way for business to make bundles without causing another depression/recession.

Hey, why DID it take so long for Obama and crew to figure out which summer was going to be the REAL summer of recovery? Now that the adults are controlling Congress, maybe we can actually move forward, unless of course Obama becomes the obstructionist Reid played so he wouldn't have to.
you sure ask the stupidest question ... here the answer, that you and your moronic repub-lie-cans don't seem to get ... if obama was allowed to passed the bills that he needed passed, it would have come quicker a long time ago ... when you have morons like you buying everything your master tells you, when you got repub-liecans blocking everything, then it takes longer you idiot... why do you think hes gone another way to get it done... do you republicans ever pull your heads out of your ass???

Really? He had two years where the Republicans couldn't and didn't do anything to stop any economic measures he wanted to pass and what did he do? He passed a massive "stimulus" package that was supposed to fund a bunch of "shovel ready" jobs. It didn't stimulate, he later admitted the jobs weren't "shovel ready" ready, and the money ended up in the pockets of fat cats on Wall Street. Oh, and there was something about a healthcare bill too. Then, when Republicans took control of the House, his buddy Reid sat on a bunch of bills that passed the House with bipartisan support and refused to even pass a budget for years. And somehow that's the Republicans' fault? True believer, right there.
Obama had the super majority for two weeks in his first congress... do you really think that we will buy you premise that he had the super majority for two years and did nothing ??? you republicans love to post your stupidity here ... the dems had the majority that means if you don't know they have over half of the members in congress from their party ....that doesn't mean they have the super majority you moron ... the dems had the super majority for two weeks and that's what you can't seem to get through that head of yours

Sorry the democrats never had that super majority.

If you will remember in 2009, Al Franken didn't take his seat in the senate until July 2009.

By that time both Senator Kennedy and Byrd were dying. Both men were in and out of the hospital until they both died in the summer of 2009.

There was a window of opportunity of that 60 votes at the beginning IF the republican governor of Minnesota had not forced that recount to take 7 months. Technically there was 60 seats by July of 2009 but 2 of them weren't filled to break the republican non stop filibusters of every single piece of legislation that came out of Pelosi's House.

There was never that magic 60 seats actually filled by democrats for democrats to stop the republican non stop filibusters.
We have just begun our real recovery from Bush and let's hope the Republicans don't start us down that path again. There must be some other way for business to make bundles without causing another depression/recession.

Hey, why DID it take so long for Obama and crew to figure out which summer was going to be the REAL summer of recovery? Now that the adults are controlling Congress, maybe we can actually move forward, unless of course Obama becomes the obstructionist Reid played so he wouldn't have to.
you sure ask the stupidest question ... here the answer, that you and your moronic repub-lie-cans don't seem to get ... if obama was allowed to passed the bills that he needed passed, it would have come quicker a long time ago ... when you have morons like you buying everything your master tells you, when you got repub-liecans blocking everything, then it takes longer you idiot... why do you think hes gone another way to get it done... do you republicans ever pull your heads out of your ass???

Really? He had two years where the Republicans couldn't and didn't do anything to stop any economic measures he wanted to pass and what did he do? He passed a massive "stimulus" package that was supposed to fund a bunch of "shovel ready" jobs. It didn't stimulate, he later admitted the jobs weren't "shovel ready" ready, and the money ended up in the pockets of fat cats on Wall Street. Oh, and there was something about a healthcare bill too. Then, when Republicans took control of the House, his buddy Reid sat on a bunch of bills that passed the House with bipartisan support and refused to even pass a budget for years. And somehow that's the Republicans' fault? True believer, right there.
Obama had the super majority for two weeks in his first congress... do you really think that we will buy you premise that he had the super majority for two years and did nothing ??? you republicans love to post your stupidity here ... the dems had the majority that means if you don't know they have over half of the members in congress from their party ....that doesn't mean they have the super majority you moron ... the dems had the super majority for two weeks and that's what you can't seem to get through that head of yours

Sorry the democrats never had that super majority.

If you will remember in 2009, Al Franken didn't take his seat in the senate until July 2009.

By that time both Senator Kennedy and Byrd were dying. Both men were in and out of the hospital until they both died in the summer of 2009.

There was a window of opportunity of that 60 votes at the beginning IF the republican governor of Minnesota had not forced that recount to take 7 months. Technically there was 60 seats by July of 2009 but 2 of them weren't filled to break the republican non stop filibusters of every single piece of legislation that came out of Pelosi's House.

There was never that magic 60 seats actually filled by democrats for democrats to stop the republican non stop filibusters.
as Liberal as I am I like to state the facts ... not that I disagree with you in your post totally but the dems did have the super majority for 2 weeks that's it... then it went back to the majority if you check you will find this out... republicans try to use this fact to tray and make you out a liar... that's all they have...

If they display any backbone, and stop this lawless president. Well I would consider that a job well done. It isn't off to a great start however, as far as his illegal amnesty goes.

you mean like deregulating the banks like gram did ??? causing loans to default???? or stop factories from pollution the air water and ground???? or stop slaughterhouse from keeping it clean or make sure the drugs you take to keep you alive or correct... these are the laws republicans want removed what regulations are you talking about...
taxing so you're down on taxing just typing taxing is a general term what taxes do you not like....
are you sayiong bailing out the banks was a bad Idea???? are you tellings bailing out the car companies was a bad I dea ???? explain to us why this was a bad Idea just saing bail out is a general statement
why do you talk in generalities ???? you think subsidizing, farmers corporations or health care is a bad idea???? tell us why this is bad...

If they display any backbone, and stop this lawless president. Well I would consider that a job well done. It isn't off to a great start however, as far as his illegal amnesty goes.
what laws has he broke ??? how is he granting illegal amnesty ???please expand on that ??? what law did he violate as I see it the republicans will not pass any laws in the next two years...

what laws has he broke ??? how is he granting illegal amnesty ???please expand on that ??? what law did he violate as I see it the republicans will not pass any laws in the next two years...

The laws that have been broken are far too numerous to type in here before i head to the salt mine. I will give some examples later.

The laws that have been broken are far too numerous to type in here before i head to the salt mine. I will give some examples later.
later is good ... i bet you don't even have one ... also when you say he violated this law you speak about you have to show me the law ... just because you don't like how he used the law doesn' t mean he broke it ......

Forum List

Back