Anyone using...

For your pot?
Garden.

I'm actually one of those people who didn't like pot so I really haven't partook (partaken?) in that vice since the very late 1970's. Hmmm...actually, I think I did do a little once back in '99 with My future wife at a campground in New York.

It would be easier and cheaper just to plant your tomatoes in the ground and water them as needed instead of planting them in perlite and sawdust and having to feed them every week with Mittleider's proprietary blend of nutrients to keep them alive.

No & I've not heard of it before until now & had to look it up. It doesn't look like anything I'd be interested in trying......just because I found what works best for our needs. I grow in ground & found that a thick layer of good mulch does wonders. Keeps down the weeds, adds nutrients, & keeps the soil moist longer requiring less watering. AND once everything is set in place, it takes care of itself until harvest
Last year we hauled in used straw litter from a neighbor's goat farm....laid it all around the plants & over the walk paths about 4-6 inches deep. I had few weeds, other than the straw seeds that were easy to pull and as the straw loaded with poop was actively composting, provided the constant fertilizer. I only watered about every 7-10 days on average. But then last summer we didn't have many 90+ days.
This year we hauled in some horse manure and topped with wood chips & so far so good but still early in the season. I'm thinking for next year to include each of these........horse manure, dirty straw & topped with chips.

It would be easier and cheaper just to plant your tomatoes in the ground and water them as needed instead of planting them in perlite and sawdust and having to feed them every week with Mittleider's proprietary blend of nutrients to keep them alive.
I would just make My own propriety blend. The main purpose is to keep weeds down.

Forum List

Back