Anything worse than waiting?

MsnBama

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2015
New England
So, recently I sent my resume in for a position that would be a major advancement in my career, but includes a charity coordination aspect that was the driving force for my interest in the position. I've been through the initial phone interview, first and second interviews, and then today the owner of the company (who lives out of state) called for the final conversation before a decision is made. It's down to two people, I'm one of them. The last thing the owner said was that ______ would be calling me "very shortly".

Two hours later, I'm losing my mind and second guessing everything I said.

Should I call my contact person and thank him for the opportunity or just wait?

So, recently I sent my resume in for a position that would be a major advancement in my career, but includes a charity coordination aspect that was the driving force for my interest in the position. I've been through the initial phone interview, first and second interviews, and then today the owner of the company (who lives out of state) called for the final conversation before a decision is made. It's down to two people, I'm one of them. The last thing the owner said was that ______ would be calling me "very shortly".

Two hours later, I'm losing my mind and second guessing everything I said.

Should I call my contact person and thank him for the opportunity or just wait?

Sit tight and wait. If it gets close to the end of the day (4pm or so) call your contact person and thank them.

Few things are worse than waiting. Like for say... Football season. Roll Tide!!!

What sort of charity coordination? I don't understand what that means.

It's kind of self explanatory. The company donates a significant amount of money to several charities every year and part of the position would be as the contact person for those charities and coordinating events held for their benefit.

Cal them, tell them to go fuck themselves, and start selling meth to children. It's way more profitable than a real job.

It's kind of self explanatory. The company donates a significant amount of money to several charities every year and part of the position would be as the contact person for those charities and coordinating events held for their benefit.
It's not self explanatory, or I would have understood it. "Charity coordination" to me means someone who works with the public to direct them to resources, or who works for a charity to direct their services. That's why I asked. I was curious.

It's not self explanatory, or I would have understood it. "Charity coordination" to me means someone who works with the public to direct them to resources, or who works for a charity to direct their services. That's why I asked. I was curious.

Someone who works with the public to direct them to resources is a social worker.

Someone who works with the public to direct them to resources is a social worker.
A social worker is paid by the state to administer state resources...or is a licensed social worker, which is just a degree/title, and can be applied to anybody who has received the degree regardless of their job.

A social worker is paid by the state to administer state resources...or is a licensed social worker, which is just a degree/title, and can be applied to anybody who has received the degree regardless of their job.

Lady, pretend I don't exist and I'll pretend like one of the organizations this company donates to isn't Planned Parenthood.

My advice would be to hold off until the morning.

It would be difficult, but if the last words spoken from Management (Im in mgmt) was that you'll be contacted, it's a little forward to seem as though you might be being pushy.

He said shortly but that could mean within a business day. Give them the benefit of the doubt that they didnt just magically forget altogether. Maybe they have an afternoon conference on how the 2 interviews went before the point man makes the calls, or what not.

Think about other things. Like - for instance - a squirrel.

It would be difficult, but if the last words spoken from Management (Im in mgmt) was that you'll be contacted, it's a little forward to seem as though you might be being pushy.

He said shortly but that could mean within a business day. Give them the benefit of the doubt that they didnt just magically forget altogether. Maybe they have an afternoon conference on how the 2 interviews went before the point man makes the calls, or what not.

Thank you.

The owner did make a point to say that he would be in touch shortly and I don't want to cross any professional lines by calling my contact too soon.

Lady, pretend I don't exist and I'll pretend like one of the organizations this company donates to isn't Planned Parenthood.

I predict you aren't going to get the job, since you don't seem to know what it is to begin with.

Thank you.

The owner did make a point to say that he would be in touch shortly and I don't want to cross any professional lines by calling my contact too soon.

Shortly is a relative term.

I suggest you do something you enjoy and chill. Calling within a couple of hours looks desperate, imo.

I predict you aren't going to get the job, since you don't seem to know what it is to begin with.

I'm fully aware of what the job entails but I am also going to maintain a modicum of privacy about my personal life.

Like I said, ignore me. I can't stand hateful old hags.

I'm fully aware of what the job entails but I am also going to maintain a modicum of privacy about my personal life.

Like I said, ignore me. I can't stand hateful old hags.

People who like to maintain a modicum of privacy usually blab less.

Thank you.

I thought about squirrels and dogshit all morning long and everything I was anxious about magically disappeared. I had a mini panic attack because my shoulder was fucked up, and it was left shoulder and albeit Im not slovenly thats a heart indicator. So i went to the e.r. and told them my shit, they then had me wait for an hr. B4 I was seen and it was a 3 hour ordeal.

At one point, I was in a dark room/no lights for 45mins waiting on xray results. Doodoo.

Thank you.

I thought about squirrels and dogshit all morning long and everything I was anxious about magically disappeared. I had a mini panic attack because my shoulder was fucked up, and it was left shoulder and albeit Im not slovenly thats a heart indicator. So i went to the e.r. and told them my shit, they then had me wait for an hr. B4 I was seen and it was a 3 hour ordeal.

At one point, I was in a dark room/no lights for 45mins waiting on xray results. Doodoo.

Why squirrels and dogshit?

And what happened with the doctor?

Shaddap you nasty thing

Thank you.

Why squirrels and dogshit?

And what happened with the doctor?
My heart was tip top, as suspected.

So they examined my shoulder. Took xrays. Nothing was wrong structurally......so they made me a follow up with an ortho and prescribed me with pain meds.

Squirrels and dogshit cuz I thought about candy cigarrettes and donkey punches for yesterday's other long wait time ordeal. Lol

Forum List

Back