🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

AOC: No healing without accountability, no unity with "white supremacists"

[/QUOTE] MAC 1958 wrote:
I want to think that it's more a matter of intellectual laziness than of intelligence. But humans are prone to falling into traps where we lower our standards over time. And we lose what (to me) is a critical element of an active mind - curiosity. So it's easier to just be told what (and how) to think than to remain curious and try to find the whole story.

That leads to tribalism and groupthink, and here we are: All but unable to communicate, collaborate, innovate.

[/QUOTE]
As you've suggested, intellectual laziness supports groupthink. People have the ability to think for themselves but some prefer someone else to present and evaluate the information. What happens when they are fed misinformation without knowing it's knee-deep in falsehoods?

To accept what others say without confirming it happens a lot in life: we accept that the listed ingredients on an item are factual, we accept without confirmation that the stop light turning green means a red light is going on for cross traffic etc. All of these behaviors are basic, and like trained mice mostly we don't question the expected outcome (light not working-which happens/tampered item in store-which happens).

Why think for yourself if somebody else can do it? That concept is so foreign to me I cannot relate to it. Likely, that's why I sometimes react when I see family members being lazy. I am good at procrastination, and no doubt would drive someone who is always making lists, getting things done 3 weeks in advance absolutely crazy lol That is how I feel about intellectual lazy folks, who have the ability but choose to waste this ability. Intellectual laziness does nothing for society and there are millions of people around the globe who would love to trade lives and would do their very best without question just out of appreciation. People who work hard and defy the odds are remarkable people. Those who are intellectually lazy and choose to live life as a toad (thinking toads look pretty darn lazy...all of that sunning themselves on lily pads and the like) aren't grateful enough for what they have...yes that might be a stretch but I'm going with it;)

I will never unify with this mentally-handicapped Marxist, so STFU AOC.

Now be a good girl, fetch me a cold beer, and give me a $20 lap dance.

Since it appears GOP leaders need a reminder:

There is no “healing” from this without accountability.

And there is no “unity” with white supremacists.

You know the President’s state has devolved dangerously. If you’re too weak to do anything about it, you’re too weak to serve.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) January 9, 2021

She's 100% on the money. Hard times and rough seas ahead for the GOP. Enough of this bullshit.

oh? And what exactly would you like to see happen?

You know the President’s state has devolved dangerously. If you’re too weak to do anything about it, you’re too weak to serve.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

She's 100% on the money. Hard times and rough seas ahead for the GOP. Enough of this bullshit.

Exactly what is happening. Trump on trial in the Senate for the second time and every Republican forced to watch that evidence and then be on the record when they vote to acquit. It's about time Trump's enablers were forced to make a public stand.
Also, glad to see legal repercussions and ramifications for the most egregious protesters who were at the Capitol on January 6th. Anyone who was there deserves whatever blowback comes their way. (And just stop with the whole Antifa/BLM BS. We know it
wasn't them).

Why think for yourself if somebody else can do it? That concept is so foreign to me I cannot relate to it.
First, I think it's human nature to want to belong to a tribe, so it may actually take more effort to break away from that, than to fall into it.

AOC falls into that trap with these comments. In real life -- as compared to the internet -- we need to do anything and everything we can to communicate and collaborate. The barriers are certainly getting higher, but once they're too high, this is over. Communication, collaboration and innovation are what made America great, and we're clearly going in the opposite direction now. We are devolving. When a legislator publicly shuts a door like that, it inspires others to do the same, and it all compounds.

One caveat: I've changed my mind on one important thing: I used to think that literally anyone could rise above tribalism, and I just no longer think so. Trying to communicate with the zealots on the ends of the spectrum is like trying to communicate with a wild-eyed jihadi on the streets of Damascus. It's pointless and it burns time. It seems to me that the goal would be to at least socially/culturally marginalize them so that they can no longer pull us in the wrong direction. We're far from doing THAT, too.

So this is a balancing act. I don't see much progress.

AOC is exhibit A in what's wrong with our education system. It's all about conditioning with a side dish of knowledge. If you don't accept their Marxist political opinions, there's very little chance of you succeeding in their classroom. Supporting our current education system is like rooting for cancer. The teachers and professors that are indoctrinating our youth are the ones most in need of real education.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Exactly what is happening. Trump on trial in the Senate for the second time and every Republican forced to watch that evidence and then be on the record when they vote to acquit. It's about time Trump's enablers were forced to make a public stand.
Also, glad to see legal repercussions and ramifications for the most egregious protesters who were at the Capitol on January 6th. Anyone who was there deserves whatever blowback comes their way. (And just stop with the whole Antifa/BLM BS. We know it
wasn't them).

Never said it was AntiFa, or BLM....And I agree those that breached the capitol do need to be prosecuted. However, I think you want more. Like AOC, I think you’d like to see your ideological opponents jailed...isn’t that true?

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Unless you're a White supremacist, it doesn't sound as though you have any complaint, actually.

Why think for yourself if somebody else can do it? That concept is so foreign to me I cannot relate to it.
First, I think it's human nature to want to belong to a tribe, so it may actually take more effort to break away from that, than to fall into it.

AOC falls into that trap with these comments. In real life -- as compared to the internet -- we need to do anything and everything we can to communicate and collaborate. The barriers are certainly getting higher, but once they're too high, this is over. Communication, collaboration and innovation are what made America great, and we're clearly going in the opposite direction now. We are devolving. When a legislator publicly shuts a door like that, it inspires others to do the same, and it all compounds.

One caveat: I've changed my mind on one important thing: I used to think that literally anyone could rise above tribalism, and I just no longer think so. Trying to communicate with the zealots on the ends of the spectrum is like trying to communicate with a wild-eyed jihadi on the streets of Damascus. It's pointless and it burns time. It seems to me that the goal would be to at least socially/culturally marginalize them so that they can no longer pull us in the wrong direction. We're far from doing THAT, too.

I agree with you that people enjoy a sense of tribalism because it's being a part of something, an opportunity to create lasting bonds, sharing ideas, and having a common agenda. The trouble with political tribes is that it quickly moves from "Here is what we have to offer" to "We are better than our opponents" to "US VERSUS THEM" which is not a far step from "Let's take them out however we can" type of thinking. There is no winning with US versus THEM mentality for any person, group, or country. That is the political situation we have in the US, and have had for decades. How to get out of this lower level stage of tribalism is the big question.

Tribalism used to be the only way people could survive; humans no longer have this innate need to survive, but we've clung onto our programmed DNA as if it were a survival tactic. This is a great blog that explains tribalism quite eloquently and the author has given many TED talks about it. Check it out...worth your time for sure. The link takes you to the main page, and you'll even find a topic about Trump/Biden debate..this guy is funny even though I don't agree with him 100% he's wise and well-read. Anyway, on the main page go to "The Story of Us"....great read!

When people feel emotionally charged about politics it can be a very positive experience, but when emotions get heated and people start yelling, there is no listening and you might as well call it a day. People don't call it a day though, they dig in deeper usually to save face.

I'm often led by my heart when it comes to family and close friends, but even with strangers I still feel strong emotions when I see they are being unfairly targeted, questioned, or outnumbered. I have high expectations about people "acting right" meaning just showing basic respect for others, and admit to getting a bit bent out of shape when confronted face to face with some rude type who demands that their needs are more important than anyone else's. I would not fare well going to any type of political rally in today's emotional climate.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

No dead commies, no peace.

I want that fucking butch DEAD. Executed!!!

There will NEVER be unity until ALL commies are fucking dead.

I want war.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

So Trump incites an insurrection that kills police and threatens to kill Senators and Representative and you're upset because the victims are demanding justice?

Assclown.

By accountability she means she wants to incriminate her political rivals. We already have accountability to those riots. The people who involved were arrested. Fuck off imbecile.

I agree with you that people enjoy a sense of tribalism because it's being a part of something, an opportunity to create lasting bonds, sharing ideas, and having a common agenda. The trouble with political tribes is that it quickly moves from "Here is what we have to offer" to "We are better than our opponents" to "US VERSUS THEM" which is not a far step from "Let's take them out however we can" type of thinking. There is no winning with US versus THEM mentality for any person, group, or country. That is the political situation we have in the US, and have had for decades. How to get out of this lower level stage of tribalism is the big question.

Tribalism used to be the only way people could survive; humans no longer have this innate need to survive, but we've clung onto our programmed DNA as if it were a survival tactic. This is a great blog that explains tribalism quite eloquently and the author has given many TED talks about it. Check it out...worth your time for sure. The link takes you to the main page, and you'll even find a topic about Trump/Biden debate..this guy is funny even though I don't agree with him 100% he's wise and well-read. Anyway, on the main page go to "The Story of Us"....great read!

When people feel emotionally charged about politics it can be a very positive experience, but when emotions get heated and people start yelling, there is no listening and you might as well call it a day. People don't call it a day though, they dig in deeper usually to save face.

I'm often led by my heart when it comes to family and close friends, but even with strangers I still feel strong emotions when I see they are being unfairly targeted, questioned, or outnumbered. I have high expectations about people "acting right" meaning just showing basic respect for others, and admit to getting a bit bent out of shape when confronted face to face with some rude type who demands that their needs are more important than anyone else's. I would not fare well going to any type of political rally in today's emotional climate.
The emotion and the tribalism are being driven by forces that are external to our day-to-day lives, and they're exacerbating the tribalism. Between cable news, advocacy media and the internet, we simply no longer feel any responsibility to remain tethered to reality, because those sources are not obligated to. And since those influences have a vested professional interest in maintaining this status quo, there is no reason for them to change.

Tribalism is no longer something that requires some kind of reality-based gravity to draw people in; we now can conveniently pick and choose our reality from a menu of options, and simply choose to join that tribe. As a result of being in that tribe, we are isolated from that which we are not comfortable. Comfortable intellectual isolation: THAT is the new gravity.

Last edited:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

So Trump incites an insurrection that kills police and threatens to kill Senators and Representative and you're upset because the victims are demanding justice?

Assclown.

Trump is the victim of the terrorist attack, even though he instigated it and did nothing about it for hours, even though he told the terrorists afterwards that they're very special and that he loves them.

Dang, didn't you know that?

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Assclown.

Trump is the victim of the terrorist attack, even though he instigated it and did nothing about it for hours, even though he told the terrorists afterwards that they're very special and that he loves them.

Ehhhh, STFU, ya stupid little bitch. Why would anyone give a flying fuck about your opinion when you are too gutless to debate and defend your position when openly challenged by someone like yours truly? You are the epitome of the term "gutless"......

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Assclown.

Ehhhh, STFU, ya stupid little bitch. Why would anyone give a flying fuck about your opinion when you are too gutless to debate and defend your position when openly challenged by someone like yours truly? You are the epitome of the term "gutless"......

Please Nancy-boy. You've posted no challenge beyond your intellectual laziness for being unwilling to either look at what's been posted or look it up for yourself.

I am under no obligation to correct your ignorance or respond to your idiotic demands that something I've posted multiple time be reposted because you're both too stupid and too lazy to do it yourself.

Now don't you have someone's cheeto to suck on Alice?

AOC's advise to student loan borrowers: run for Congress!
Why can't pay for the usual books and tuition for college at a low wage job, instead of the usual vices?

People are more deeply in debt for a bookshelf in the corner of their bedroom than for the whole damn house they borrow on a 30-year mortgage with a diamond wedding ring and a stable job.

Colleges are ripping us off. Shut some of the worst diploma mills down, and stop leaving the rest of us on the hook for all that Marxist anti-Constitutional Communist Party indoctrination.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Assclown.

AOC wasn't a victim. That's ludicrous.

Democrats had a terrible day, the first day in just beginning to be a series of bad days.

First Trump's lawyers incinerated the communist case.

Second, the anti Trump Lincoln Project exploded in spectacular fashion spewing underage guts all over members and principles. It is dead except for arguing where the money went.

Third, the 15,000 deaths now hanging over Andrew Cuomo as a result of his atrocious and murderous behavior. It can't even be blamed on sheer incompetence. It was a plan. 15,000 died according to PLAN. Trump built hospitals, sent a hospital ship, sent doctors and nurses. None of it was ever used all to reduce the financial burden of the old.

Knowing this it makes sense that black young men can legally make sport of killing the elderly.

Forum List

Back