Apple Safari Browser freezes up

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I generally surf the internet on my Safari browser because it has all my favorites and passwords saved there and it frequently freezes up on this forum. Refreshing the page does nothing, I have to close it down and reopen the page, and it will work for a few hours before freezing again.

This is more of a public service announcement than anything, I don't expect anyone here to have a solution to this issue, just wanted you to be aware of it. There are not many websites where this happens, but there are some others where this has happened to me.

I generally surf the internet on my Safari browser because it has all my favorites and passwords saved there and it frequently freezes up on this forum. Refreshing the page does nothing, I have to close it down and reopen the page, and it will work for a few hours before freezing again.

This is more of a public service announcement than anything, I don't expect anyone here to have a solution to this issue, just wanted you to be aware of it. There are not many websites where this happens, but there are some others where this has happened to me.
What version of the OS and Safari do you have? I don't have a solution, just being selfishly wary of installing any updates.

Sonoma 14.5, my Mac is set up for auto updates, and this has been happening (freezing) for about 6 months.

You should still check to see if Safari has been properly updated.

This is the latest:

Version 17.5 (19618.2.12.11.6)

Forum List

Back