🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

April 17 marks the last time that taxpayers will ever have to deal with the old, broken tax code

Taxes are simple now that you can get a program to do all the work..I used to cover the kitchen table with paperwork to fill out business taxes ..

It is? I have a tax preparer do mine. Even then, I end up with 40 pages of paperwork for taxes. I do all the leg work, and all she has to do is put it on paper.
All you need to do is do bookkeeping every month...Duh..

No, I do mine at the end of the year. That's when I take all my tax deductible receipts, add them up, divide them out, and put them in categories that makes it easy for the tax preparer. It takes a few days, but it saves me a lot of money. She told me I'm the most organized client she has.

At least this time the GOP didn't claim that the 1040 is now so easy a four year old could fill it out..The requirement for health insurance coverage is still in effect all year long...

No it is not. It's in effect for 2017 returns--not 2018. So if you currently don't have insurance this year, there will be no fine next year when you file your 2018 taxes.
Oh yes they be....I have a direct line on that one...Someone that does the paperwork is supposedly married to me..

Then I would suggest you consult with a professional tax preparer. You will not pay any penalty for not having health insurance in 2018.

Taxes are simple now that you can get a program to do all the work..I used to cover the kitchen table with paperwork to fill out business taxes ..

It is? I have a tax preparer do mine. Even then, I end up with 40 pages of paperwork for taxes. I do all the leg work, and all she has to do is put it on paper.

No, I do mine at the end of the year. That's when I take all my tax deductible receipts, add them up, divide them out, and put them in categories that makes it easy for the tax preparer. It takes a few days, but it saves me a lot of money. She told me I'm the most organized client she has.
For many years I used the Capital ledger book and entered my stuff weekly so it didn't pile up..But I've done businesses where daily receipts could be half to one million..

For many years I used the Capital ledger book and entered my stuff weekly so it didn't pile up..But I've done businesses where daily receipts could be half to one million..

Mine is not that complicated. It's rental property so I don't have a ton of receipts, but I have dozens for the properties and if you include medical deductions, several hundred.

"US Corporations are looking at a 14% increase in quarterly revenue's since the Trump tax cuts. Unheard of profit expansion! If Obama we're President they'd build him a statue in honor of this feat. Since Trump is President, crickets."

a typical family of 4 will have their taxes cut in half, and they didn't get one Democrat vote!

It has been my experience that filing became rather straightforward once they did away with the option to income average for most of us in the mid-1980's.

Next year Americans can file their taxes on a simpler form and everyone will see the standard deduction nearly double!

Completely off-topic ...
I just thought this would be the appropriate place to post a sincere ... "Fuck You" ... To Congress and the IRS.

Thanks for allowing my indulgence ... Play through.

And just think the tax rate is going back up next year and the year after until it is right back where it was.

I'll wager a guess were this is all going..>>

crisis-dinero-dolar.jpg

~S~

And just think the tax rate is going back up next year and the year after until it is right back where it was.

Taxes seem to be the worst investment opportunity available ...
And, they keep asking for more.

Next year Americans can file their taxes on a simpler form and everyone will see the standard deduction nearly double!
It was broken and now it's fixed? How is that? Less tax is nice but not worth what we got. You should be able to see beyond the extra few grand saved or whatever it is for you. I don't think of it as "I'm getting this benefit. Me me." That's what the right complains about the left for doing. The gimme attitude.

The truth about taxes was that the corporate rate levied was too high here and overseas. Yes. They were right and Trump was right. However, They needed to offset that reduction elsewhere or it's just a corporate handout aka redistribution and not fiscal conservative policy at all. It keeps the deficit and adds to the debt, from the guys who perenially denounce this. Installing policy that makes and favors corporations and billionaires first and foremost and hoping...hoping that it indirectly helps the rest is incredibly misguided. Billionaires aren't good for our government or our economy. They do not spend money on efficient products. Their concentrated wealth has no value above the equivalent de-centralised wealth.

Forum List

Back