Arafat exhumed over poison claims

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Arafat exhumed over poison claims | News24

Ramallah - The body of the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat was exhumed on Tuesday by a team of international experts trying to discover if he was poisoned, as many Palestinians believe.

French magistrates opened a murder inquiry in August into Arafat's death in Paris after a Swiss institute said it had discovered high levels of radioactive polonium on his clothing, which was supplied by his widow, Suha.

Arafat, who led the Palestinians' bid for a state through years of war and peacemaking, died in Paris aged 75 in 2004 after a short, mysterious illness.

No autopsy was carried out at the time, at the request of Suha, and French doctors who treated him said they were unable to determine the cause of death.

But allegations of foul play immediately surfaced, with many locals pointing the finger at Israel, which confined Arafat to his West Bank headquarters in Ramallah for the final two and a half years of his life after a Palestinian uprising erupted.

Israel has denied any wrongdoing, inviting the Palestinian leadership to release all his medical records, which were never made public following his death.
<more>

Poison 'found' in exhumed body of former Turkish president Turgut Ozal | World news | guardian.co.uk

Poison 'found' in exhumed body of former Turkish president Turgut Ozal

Evidence of poisoning has been found during an autopsy on the exhumed body of Turgut Ozal, the Turkish president who led the country out of military rule in the 1980s, according to a national newspaper.

There have long been rumours that Ozal, who died of heart failure in 1993, aged 65, was murdered by militants of the "deep state" &#8211; a shadowy nationalist strain within the Turkish establishment of the day. Ozal had angered some with his efforts to end a Kurdish insurgency and had survived an assassination bid in 1988.

More likely Hamas than Israel. Israel could have taken out that motherfucker any time they wanted.

Would NOT surprise me to learn he was murdered.

Between the Israeli and factions within the Palestinian community, he certainly had no shortage of enemies who have a history of assasinating their enemies.

More likely Hamas than Israel. Israel could have taken out that motherfucker any time they wanted.

Yeah, but there's a problem you can't go about killing Nobel Prize winners without it being kind of henious.

Given the sophistication of the method of murder, I would suspect the Mossad in this before other factions of the PLO.

Who cares. He indoctrinated minds to kill.

Yep. Personally I could give a fuck. Arafat got rich of the Palestinian problem. He took money from anyone and everyone and made sure nothing changed in Palestine.

No great loss. HOpe he's burning in hell along with UBL and the rest of the dirtbags.

Yep. Personally I could give a fuck. Arafat got rich of the Palestinian problem. He took money from anyone and everyone and made sure nothing changed in Palestine.

No great loss. HOpe he's burning in hell along with UBL and the rest of the dirtbags.

Which makes him different from our leaders, how exactly?

Palestine will continue to be a place of unrest as long as the Zionists continue to practice religious apartheid.

Of course the Muslims don't practice religious apartheid at all right?? They haven't vowed to wipe Isreal off the map. Gottcha.

Poison 'found' in exhumed body of former Turkish president Turgut Ozal | World news | guardian.co.uk

Poison 'found' in exhumed body of former Turkish president Turgut Ozal

Evidence of poisoning has been found during an autopsy on the exhumed body of Turgut Ozal, the Turkish president who led the country out of military rule in the 1980s, according to a national newspaper.

There have long been rumours that Ozal, who died of heart failure in 1993, aged 65, was murdered by militants of the "deep state" – a shadowy nationalist strain within the Turkish establishment of the day. Ozal had angered some with his efforts to end a Kurdish insurgency and had survived an assassination bid in 1988.

unsurprising.

just amusing that here they know iit was turkey's own nutters, bt can't figure out that the terrorists of hamas had just as much of an interest in off'ing arafat. israel really didn't, he worked with them at the end... or tried to. he was afraid of his own nuts, though.

Palestine will continue to be a place of unrest as long as the Zionists continue to practice religious apartheid.

why are anti-semites so offended by a jewish state when there are about a dozen muslim ones? (not to mention that muslims have more rights in israel than in their own countries).

i'll wait.

Of course the Muslims don't practice religious apartheid at all right?? They haven't vowed to wipe Isreal off the map. Gottcha.

They had no problem with the Jews living there until the Zionists started screaming "mine, mine, mine"....

Sadly,it will be the Palestinian Jews who are left holding the bag after all the European ones go back to Europe and America.

why are anti-semites so offended by a jewish state when there are about a dozen muslim ones? (not to mention that muslims have more rights in israel than in their own countries).

i'll wait.

First, it's sort of dishonest to scream "anti-semite" when the Arabs are just as semitic as the Israelis.

Second, Israel is built on a lie. "A land without a people for a people without a land". Well, there were people there, and they are second class citizens in their own country.

Back in the bad old days, when Apartheid reigned in South Africa, it was common for folks on the right (which would have included me back then) to argue that, well, as bad as Apartheid is, the black people living there were better off economically than Africans living in other countries. I mean, hell, Idi Amin and Jean Bosakka were freaking Cannibals, for crying out loud.

Still didn't make Apartheid okay.

NOw, as an Atheist, I find Israel particularly noxious because it's just another case of someone using the Sky Pixie as an excuse to engage in bad behavior. In this case, it's suicidal behavior, because eventually, Demographics are going to win out. Eventually, Muslims WILL BE the majority in Israel/Palestine.

i'll wait.

First, it's sort of dishonest to scream "anti-semite" when the Arabs are just as semitic as the Israelis.

Second, Israel is built on a lie. "A land without a people for a people without a land". Well, there were people there, and they are second class citizens in their own country.

Back in the bad old days, when Apartheid reigned in South Africa, it was common for folks on the right (which would have included me back then) to argue that, well, as bad as Apartheid is, the black people living there were better off economically than Africans living in other countries. I mean, hell, Idi Amin and Jean Bosakka were freaking Cannibals, for crying out loud.

Still didn't make Apartheid okay.

NOw, as an Atheist, I find Israel particularly noxious because it's just another case of someone using the Sky Pixie as an excuse to engage in bad behavior. In this case, it's suicidal behavior, because eventually, Demographics are going to win out. Eventually, Muslims WILL BE the majority in Israel/Palestine.

nothing dishonest about calling things what they are. that is the only reason one could have an objection to a jewish state when there are christian countries...and muslim countries galore. there's one little jewish state the size of new jersey... yet it offends jew-haters.

it sure doesn't offend people who have no issue with jews. just saying.

apartheid refers to citizens of a country. the citizens of israel are jewish, christian and muslim. if that's apartheid, i'd suggest you ask yourself why you would say that.

and i don't really care if you're an atheist. neither would israel.

there is no such thing as palestine.

what was the political structure of "palestine"?
who was it's chief executive/leader?
what goods did it manufacture/trade?
who were its trading partners?

it's not about "sky pixie" it's about winning wars that were started by the arabs surrounding israel.... sucks that the jews won, huh?

what other people get a "do-over" when they lose land and they were the aggressors?

nothing dishonest about calling things what they are. that is the only reason one could have an objection to a jewish state when there are christian countries...and muslim countries galore. there's one little jewish state the size of new jersey... yet it offends jew-haters.

it sure doesn't offend people who have no issue with jews. just saying.

apartheid refers to citizens of a country. the citizens of israel are jewish, christian and muslim. if that's apartheid, i'd suggest you ask yourself why you would say that.

and i don't really care if you're an atheist. neither would israel.

there is no such thing as palestine.

what was the political structure of "palestine"?
who was it's chief executive/leader?
what goods did it manufacture/trade?
who were its trading partners?

it's not about "sky pixie" it's about winning wars that were started by the arabs surrounding israel.... sucks that the jews won, huh?

what other people get a "do-over" when they lose land and they were the aggressors?

So if the Arabs do finally win a war, you are going to be totally cool with whatever they do to the Zionists, then? Or are you going to insist that we MUST intervene militarily.

Frankly, Israel hasn't won a war on its own since 1967. Since then, they'd either had to be bailed out by the US or they trash around in pointless expeditions that they eventually have to withdraw from.

I don't hate the Jews, I hate Israel's behavior, and I hate that it keeps dragging THIS country into their conflicts that have nothing to do with us. I'm also not thrilled with the billions we don't have being spent to do all of this.

The Arabs were there long before most of the Zionists, who came from Europe. The fact is, you don't have one man, one vote, you have a system of keeping people unable to vote because they live in "occuppied territories". It's a nice little scheme. So is not allowing those driven off that land a "right to return" (The usual sticking point in most peace deals.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY]This Land is Mine - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back