Arctic Temperatures Today

There definitely were predictions that snow would be very rare by now.
Nah. Horseshit. And no, finding one guy that says that does not count.

Dude , you don't even know your own denier material. You are regurgitating vague memories of blog headlines to blogs you never read and didn't understand.

Like those links you posted just now, but never actually read, could not summarize, and don't understand.

Nah. Horseshit. And no, finding one guy that says that does not count.

Dude , you don't even know your own denier material. You are regurgitating vague memories of blog headlines to blogs you never read and didn't understand.

Like those links you posted just now, but never actually read, could not summarize, and don't understand.
I posted the link, read it

You don’t like cut and paste so you won’t like these. …

I didn't ask for more of your cult propaganda dumps. We get it. You've got a lot of propaganda you can copy. No need to keep proving it.

I asked you to back up your claim that less snowfall was predicted. And not only are you running again, this time you're leaving a trail of piddle behind you.

Why not just admit that you said a stupid thing based on misinformation that your cult gave you, and you got busted for it? It's not like everyone doesn't know that's the case. When stuck in a stupid hole, stop digging.

You don’t like cut and paste so you won’t like these. …

Hide the decline

Mann's Nature Trick

1998changesannotated-sg2014.gif

I didn't ask for more of your cult propaganda dumps. We get it. You've got a lot of propaganda you can copy. No need to keep proving it.

I asked you to back up your claim that less snowfall was predicted. And not only are you running again, this time you're leaving a trail of piddle behind you.

Why not just admit that you said a stupid thing based on misinformation that your cult gave you, and you got busted for it? It's not like everyone doesn't know that's the case. When stuck in a stupid hole, stop digging.
Obviously you refuse to accept any information that disagrees with the lessons the Church of Global Warming has taught you.

Any one can read the articles I posted and see that they are not a bunch of propaganda. I definitely did back up my contention that less snowfall was predicted over and over again and again.

***snip***

No More Snow?

For well over a decade now, climate alarmists have been claiming that snow would soon become a thing of the past. In March 2000, for example, “senior research scientist” David Viner, working at the time for the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia, told the U.K. Independent that within “a few years,” snowfall would become “a very rare and exciting event” in Britain. “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he was quoted as claiming in the article, headlined “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past.”

The very next year, snowfall across the United Kingdom increased by more than 50 percent. In 2008, perfectly timed for a “global warming” legislation debate in Parliament, London saw its first October snow since 1934 — or possibly even 1922, according to the U.K. Register. “It is unusual to have snow this early,” a spokesperson for the alarmist U.K. Met office admitted to The Guardian newspaper. By December of 2009, London saw its heaviest levels of snowfall in two decades. In 2010, the coldest U.K. winter since records began a century ago blanketed the islands with snow.

In early 2004, the CRU’s Viner and other self-styled “experts” warned that skiing in Scotland would soon become just a memory, thanks to alleged global warming. “Unfortunately, it’s just getting too hot for the Scottish ski industry,” Viner told The Guardian. Another “expert,” Adam Watson with the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, told the paper that the skiing industry in Scotland had less than two decades left to go. Yet in 2013, too much snow kept many Scottish resorts closed. “Nevis Range, The Lecht, Cairngorm, Glenshee and Glencoe all remain closed today due to the heavy snow,” reported OnTheSnow.com on January 4, 2013. Ironically, by 2014, the BBC, citing experts, reported that the Scottish hills had more snow than at any point in seven decades. It also reported that the Nevis Range ski resort could not operate some of its lifts because they were “still buried under unprecedented amounts of snow.”

The IPCC has also been relentlessly hyping the snowless winter scare, along with gullible or agenda-driven politicians. In its 2001 Third Assessment Report, for example, the IPCC claimed “milder winter temperatures will decrease heavy snowstorms.” Again, though, the climate refused to cooperate. The year 2013, the last year for which complete data is available, featured the fourth-highest levels on record, according to data from Rutgers University’s Global Snow Lab. Spring snow cover was the highest in a decade, while data for the fall indicate that it was the fifth highest ever recorded. Last December, meanwhile, brought with it a new high record in Northern Hemisphere snow cover, Global Snow Lab data show.[/i]

1641603824151.jpeg
1641604299602.jpeg

You don't even know what you are looking at. You literally just told us you don't know what you are looking at. And you don't even know that you did.

Please. Please stop playing "scientist"

It hurts my ears worse than Blackmore's Rainbow at the Beacon Theater when you try to throw "science stuff" out there

Please. Please stop playing "scientist"

It hurts my ears worse than Blackmore's Rainbow at the Beacon Theater when you try to throw "science stuff" out there
Cry it all out.

Then scratch your head again and ask what "anomaly" means, then post a chart of anomalies and pretend you know what you are looking at.

Because that shit's hilarious.

Obviously you refuse to accept any information that disagrees with the lessons the Church of Global Warming has taught you.
You're melting down faster than noobs usually do here. You've already descended into shitposting stupid memes. That's when we know the meltdown has started.

Any one can read the articles I posted and see that they are not a bunch of propaganda. I definitely did back up my contention that less snowfall was predicted over and over again and again.
Actually, anyone who reads them can instantly see that they're propaganda.

Your first article quoted _one_ scientist, Dr. Viner, more than once. He was wrong. At the time he was talking, all the other scientists thought he was wrong. It's highly dishonest of your side to only refer to Dr. Viner, so it's what you do by default.

Then it quoted someone named Adam Watson, who was not a climate scientist.

Then the author made a vague unsupported claim about what the IPCC supposedly said, without backing it up in any way.

You second article quoted ... the editor of a ski magazine. Yeah, you're doing some great science there.

You hit a foul ball endlessly repeating the Dr. Viner quotes, then you whiffed three times. "Yer out!", the umpire says. Thanks for using your own sources to disprove your claims, and saving me the trouble.

Now, I'll tell you what AGW theory actually predicted, which is what we see.

Southern areas tend to get less snowfall. It doesn't get cold enough to snow.

Northern areas tend to get more snow, because warmer air holds more moisture, and it's still cold enough to snow.

Fall and spring snow cover levels drop, because of warmer temps melt the snow. Winter snow depths can get larger, because there's more snow up north, and it's not warm enough to melt it.

Now, I'll tell you what AGW theory actually predicted, which is what we see.

Southern areas tend to get less snowfall. It doesn't get cold enough to snow.

Northern areas tend to get more snow, because warmer air holds more moisture, and it's still cold enough to snow.

AGW theory predicted that?

***snip***

No More Snow?

For well over a decade now, climate alarmists have been claiming that snow would soon become a thing of the past. In March 2000, for example, “senior research scientist” David Viner, working at the time for the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia, told the U.K. Independent that within “a few years,” snowfall would become “a very rare and exciting event” in Britain. “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he was quoted as claiming in the article, headlined “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past.”

The very next year, snowfall across the United Kingdom increased by more than 50 percent. In 2008, perfectly timed for a “global warming” legislation debate in Parliament, London saw its first October snow since 1934 — or possibly even 1922, according to the U.K. Register. “It is unusual to have snow this early,” a spokesperson for the alarmist U.K. Met office admitted to The Guardian newspaper. By December of 2009, London saw its heaviest levels of snowfall in two decades. In 2010, the coldest U.K. winter since records began a century ago blanketed the islands with snow.

In early 2004, the CRU’s Viner and other self-styled “experts” warned that skiing in Scotland would soon become just a memory, thanks to alleged global warming. “Unfortunately, it’s just getting too hot for the Scottish ski industry,” Viner told The Guardian. Another “expert,” Adam Watson with the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, told the paper that the skiing industry in Scotland had less than two decades left to go. Yet in 2013, too much snow kept many Scottish resorts closed. “Nevis Range, The Lecht, Cairngorm, Glenshee and Glencoe all remain closed today due to the heavy snow,” reported OnTheSnow.com on January 4, 2013. Ironically, by 2014, the BBC, citing experts, reported that the Scottish hills had more snow than at any point in seven decades. It also reported that the Nevis Range ski resort could not operate some of its lifts because they were “still buried under unprecedented amounts of snow.”

The IPCC has also been relentlessly hyping the snowless winter scare, along with gullible or agenda-driven politicians. In its 2001 Third Assessment Report, for example, the IPCC claimed “milder winter temperatures will decrease heavy snowstorms.” Again, though, the climate refused to cooperate. The year 2013, the last year for which complete data is available, featured the fourth-highest levels on record, according to data from Rutgers University’s Global Snow Lab. Spring snow cover was the highest in a decade, while data for the fall indicate that it was the fifth highest ever recorded. Last December, meanwhile, brought with it a new high record in Northern Hemisphere snow cover, Global Snow Lab data show.[/i]

View attachment 585115View attachment 585118

Key Points​

• When averaged over the entire year, snow covered an average of 3.25 million square miles of North America during the period from 1972 to 2020 (see Figure 1).
  • The extent of snow cover has varied from year to year. The average area covered by snow has ranged from 3.0 million to 3.6 million square miles, with the minimum value occurring in 1998 and the maximum in 1978 (see Figure 1).
  • Between 1972 and 2020, the average extent of North American snow cover decreased at a rate of about 1,870 square miles per year. The annual average area covered by snow during the most recent decade (2011–2020) was 3.25 million square miles, which is about 2 percent smaller than the annual average extent during the first 10 years of measurement (1972–1981)—a difference of 77,700 square miles, or an area approximately the size of Nebraska (see Figure 1).
  • Decreases in snow cover have largely occurred in spring and summer, whereas winter snow cover has remained fairly steady over the time period studied and fall snow cover has increased (see Figure 2). Spring and summer snow cover can have a particularly important influence on water supplies.
  • Between 1972 and 2013, the U.S. snow cover season became shorter by nearly two weeks, on average (see Figure 3). By far the largest change has taken place in the spring, with the last day of snow shifting earlier by 19 days since 1972. In contrast, the first date of snow cover in the fall has remained relatively unchanged.
  • 1641607917110.png
  • Climate Change Indicators: Snow Cover | US EPA

Key Points​

• When averaged over the entire year, snow covered an average of 3.25 million square miles of North America during the period from 1972 to 2020 (see Figure 1).
  • The extent of snow cover has varied from year to year. The average area covered by snow has ranged from 3.0 million to 3.6 million square miles, with the minimum value occurring in 1998 and the maximum in 1978 (see Figure 1).
  • Between 1972 and 2020, the average extent of North American snow cover decreased at a rate of about 1,870 square miles per year. The annual average area covered by snow during the most recent decade (2011–2020) was 3.25 million square miles, which is about 2 percent smaller than the annual average extent during the first 10 years of measurement (1972–1981)—a difference of 77,700 square miles, or an area approximately the size of Nebraska (see Figure 1).
  • Decreases in snow cover have largely occurred in spring and summer, whereas winter snow cover has remained fairly steady over the time period studied and fall snow cover has increased (see Figure 2). Spring and summer snow cover can have a particularly important influence on water supplies.
  • Between 1972 and 2013, the U.S. snow cover season became shorter by nearly two weeks, on average (see Figure 3). By far the largest change has taken place in the spring, with the last day of snow shifting earlier by 19 days since 1972. In contrast, the first date of snow cover in the fall has remained relatively unchanged.
  • View attachment 585141
Why did warmers say no more snow?

Key Points​

• View attachment 585141
Why you would think we're in an interracial period. Or something

Forum List

Back