Arctic Temperatures Today

Not a high anomaly in the Arctic today;

1641612940136.png

Key Points​

• When averaged over the entire year, snow covered an average of 3.25 million square miles of North America during the period from 1972 to 2020 (see Figure 1).
  • The extent of snow cover has varied from year to year. The average area covered by snow has ranged from 3.0 million to 3.6 million square miles, with the minimum value occurring in 1998 and the maximum in 1978 (see Figure 1).
  • Between 1972 and 2020, the average extent of North American snow cover decreased at a rate of about 1,870 square miles per year. The annual average area covered by snow during the most recent decade (2011–2020) was 3.25 million square miles, which is about 2 percent smaller than the annual average extent during the first 10 years of measurement (1972–1981)—a difference of 77,700 square miles, or an area approximately the size of Nebraska (see Figure 1).
  • Decreases in snow cover have largely occurred in spring and summer, whereas winter snow cover has remained fairly steady over the time period studied and fall snow cover has increased (see Figure 2). Spring and summer snow cover can have a particularly important influence on water supplies.
  • Between 1972 and 2013, the U.S. snow cover season became shorter by nearly two weeks, on average (see Figure 3). By far the largest change has taken place in the spring, with the last day of snow shifting earlier by 19 days since 1972. In contrast, the first date of snow cover in the fall has remained relatively unchanged.
  • View attachment 585141
  • Climate Change Indicators: Snow Cover | US EPA
The predictions were that snow would be very rare by now.

Tell that to the people in Virginia and Kentucky this week who were caught on the freeway in a snow storm.

Plus where I live in the panhandle of Florida we had snow flurries a few days ago.

Snow is not rare. Accurate predictions by global warming advocates are.

The predictions were that snow would be very rare by now.

Tell that to the people in Virginia and Kentucky this week who were caught on the freeway in a snow storm.

Plus where I live in the panhandle of Florida we had snow flurries a few days ago.

Snow is not rare. Accurate predictions by global warming advocates are.
Why are we getting these extreme cold storms?

You're melting down faster than noobs usually do here. You've already descended into shitposting stupid memes. That's when we know the meltdown has started.

Actually, anyone who reads them can instantly see that they're propaganda.

Your first article quoted _one_ scientist, Dr. Viner, more than once. He was wrong. At the time he was talking, all the other scientists thought he was wrong. It's highly dishonest of your side to only refer to Dr. Viner, so it's what you do by default.

Then it quoted someone named Adam Watson, who was not a climate scientist.

Then the author made a vague unsupported claim about what the IPCC supposedly said, without backing it up in any way.

You second article quoted ... the editor of a ski magazine. Yeah, you're doing some great science there.

You hit a foul ball endlessly repeating the Dr. Viner quotes, then you whiffed three times. "Yer out!", the umpire says. Thanks for using your own sources to disprove your claims, and saving me the trouble.

Now, I'll tell you what AGW theory actually predicted, which is what we see.

Southern areas tend to get less snowfall. It doesn't get cold enough to snow.

Northern areas tend to get more snow, because warmer air holds more moisture, and it's still cold enough to snow.

Fall and spring snow cover levels drop, because of warmer temps melt the snow. Winter snow depths can get larger, because there's more snow up north, and it's not warm enough to melt it.
You keep mentioning Dr. Viner. How about you cut and paste some articles saying he never made that prediction. I tried to find some and came up empty but found twenty more articles that say he did make the prediction that snow would be rare by now.

But even if you are correct about Dr. Viner what about all the other predictions I presented that failed to occur?

Global Warming advocates run around in circles like chickens with their heads cut off making terrifying predictions that never come true and wonder why the public doesn’t bother to listen to them.

I posted the cartoons to show you that people are laughing at Global Warming advocates because of your stupid predictions. People are not a dumb as you think and your scientists are not as smart as they imagine themselves to be.

On November 1, AFP joined news outlets around the world in covering the release of a major academic paper warning that our oceans were warming dramatically quicker than previously thought.

The study was undertaken by some of the world's most pre-eminent climate scientists, using state-of-the-art modelling systems reviewed by their peers, and appeared in one of the most prestigious academic journals.

There was just one problem: it was wrong.

1641615338313.jpeg

1641615443125.jpeg

goretoon.jpg

Why are we getting these extreme cold storms?

Because in the winter the Global Warming advocates morph into Global Climate Charge advocates and tell us that global climate change causes hotter summers and colder winters.

Did you ever hear of the Al Gore Effect?

Gore effect

The Gore effect or Al Gore effect refers to coincidence between occurrences of unseasonably cold weather and some events associated with global warming activism, particularly those attended by former Vice President of the United States and Nobel Peace Prize recipient Al Gore, which was created and "amusedly" used by global warming deniers.

Citing the crowdsourced Urban Dictionary, Peter Scowan of The Globe and Mail reported the term as "the phenomenon that leads to unseasonably cold temperatures, driving rain, hail, or snow whenever Al Gore visits an area to discuss global warming".[2] Erika Lovely of Politico described it as occurring when "a global warming-related event, or appearance by...Al Gore, is marked by exceedingly cold weather or unseasonably winter weather".[1] The phenomenon was reportedly first observed in January 2004 when a speech by Gore to a global warming rally held in New York City met extremely cold winter weather;[3] according to Andrew Bolt after another Gore speech took place on a strikingly cold day in Boston in the same year.[4] "Climate skeptics" use the term "half-seriously" in relation to the weather conditions at global warming venues.[1] German authors Daniel Rettig and Jochen Mai described the effect in 2012 in a popular science book about psychological mechanisms and memes, but referred to it as selective perception.[5] CNN meteorologist Rob Marciano describes use of the effect as a mere in-joke among weather forecasters: "in the weather community, we kind of joke about it. It's just a bad timing. Every time there's some big weather climate conference, there seems to be a cold outbreak. ... But, globally, we are still warming."[6]

1641616789463.jpeg

1641616589109.jpeg

You keep mentioning Dr. Viner. How about you cut and paste some articles saying he never made that prediction.

I just said he made the prediction. It is drunkeness, stupidity or dishonesty that causes you to keep saying such stupid things?

You said many scientists were saying snow was a thing of the past, yet you can only come up with _one_. You made up some stupid shit, you got caught, and now you're flailing and crying. Who exactly do you think you're fooling? Even your fellow cultists all know you're lying. They just approve of your lying.

So, nice shitposting meme frenzy, cult boi. I do so love seeing cultists get triggered. Now proceed to run from the topic yet another time. No matter, we can always track you down by the smell of your soiled britches.

Not by any significant portion of the scientific community.

This has been shown to you. But I don't think you understand that your attempt has been obliterated.
The bad predictions remain.That’s the problem. I really do not beleive Global Warming is as big of a problem as it is portrayed but I am not denying that it might exist and become far more serious in the future.

But the Global Warming prophets continue to make extreme predictions that fail to come true and wonder why after half a century of such predictions fewer people are listening.

New York City is not a city like Venice filled with canals and Gondolas. We are still having blizzards and snow storms and freezing temperatures. The Arctic is not ice free.

But still politicians and some scientist keep making ridiculous predictions. For example…

In 12 years people will look back on that prediction and laugh.

My point is that foolish predictions hurt your cause more than they help.

It seems some Global Warming advocates are attempting to create change by scaring the living shit out of people with their outlandish predictions People are not as stupid as liberals think and people have LONG memories.

If you want to advert a potential climate crisis in a century or two from now it might be a good idea to stifle outlandish predictions.

The bad predictions remain.That’s the problem. I really do not beleive Global Warming is as big of a problem as it is portrayed but I am not denying that it might exist and become far more serious in the future.

But the Global Warming prophets continue to make extreme predictions that fail to come true and wonder why after half a century of such predictions fewer people are listening.

New York City is not a city like Venice filled with canals and Gondolas. We are still having blizzards and snow storms and freezing temperatures. The Arctic is not ice free.

But still politicians and some scientist keep making ridiculous predictions. For example…

In 12 years people will look back on that prediction and laugh.

My point is that foolish predictions hurt your cause more than they help.

It seems some Global Warming advocates are attempting to create change by scaring the living shit out of people with their outlandish predictions People are not as stupid as liberals think and people have LONG memories.

If you want to advert a potential climate crisis in a century or two from now it might be a good idea to stifle outlandish predictions.

But, snow is a thing of the past and the Arctic is ice free now right?

So, when you want to go on a winter vacation, do you go someplace warmer or colder then where you are?

I just said he made the prediction. It is drunkeness, stupidity or dishonesty that causes you to keep saying such stupid things?

You said many scientists were saying snow was a thing of the past, yet you can only come up with _one_. You made up some stupid shit, you got caught, and now you're flailing and crying. Who exactly do you think you're fooling? Even your fellow cultists all know you're lying. They just approve of your lying.

So, nice shitposting meme frenzy, cult boi. I do so love seeing cultists get triggered. Now proceed to run from the topic yet another time. No matter, we can always track you down by the smell of your soiled britches.
It is you who is desperate.

For one thing unlike what you just stated here are more than just one scientist who have predicted rare snow.

I personally like posting memes. You don’t like me doing that because some people may have find them funny and laugh and you feel they are laughing at you.

Here’s another list of failed climate predictions.

Plus a few more cartoons. …

1641673087424.jpeg

1641673143130.jpeg

1641673195216.jpeg

1641673277283.jpeg

But, snow is a thing of the past and the Arctic is ice free now right?
Imagine telling the people caught on the freeway in Virginia a few days ago that snow was a thing of the past and what they experienced must have been just a bad dream.

It is you who is desperate.

For one thing unlike what you just stated here are more than just one scientist who have predicted rare snow.

I personally like posting memes. You don’t like me doing that because some people may have find them funny and laugh and you feel they are laughing at you.

Here’s another list of failed climate predictions.

Plus a few more cartoons. …

View attachment 585405
View attachment 585406
View attachment 585407
View attachment 585408
You do realize that the Time front cover you posted is fake. Of course you do, you are a liar, just as is the person that created that is.

Forum List

Back