Arctic Wetlands: The Doomsday Bomb?

You don't have a fix? What's causing this imaginary "problem"?

The problem isn't imaginary, and has been explained in detail.

What causes this "problem?"
The physical properties of GHGs, were you born yesterday?

So you're going to change the physical properties of GHG's?

You continue to focus on a fix rather than admitting there's a problem. You must work at Walmart because surely you don't work in the Planning stages of any major important project.

I identify the problem as aldebo from Chinese soot. You and Old Rocks should spend some serious time there, telling them to slow down

The reason this matters is Methane production by wetlands behaves like the Arctic about 5C and below, but behaves like the Tropics about 10C and above.

Butbut, methane is GOOD! It makes me think of cows farts and that always makes me think of Snowflake Liberals who are one big loud cow fart.

I don't think the Earth can currently survive its +4w/m^2 GHG concentration, let alone a full doubling of the Methane component (which accounts for about 1.5 of those watts.). One Solar Maximum will add another full 1 watt to that input, and the Earth will be pushed over a limit then. That will probably be the straw to break the camel's back, a Solar maximum to push the Arctic fully into a 10C isotherm during summers.

Let's note that. Thanks for letting us know the end is near. I guess you also think the oceans are running dry from evaporation? Just as you fail to recognize the mechanisms of rainfall returning water to the Sea, the Earth is self-balancing taking the excess methane and returning it back in the form of storage in rock and organic matter. The Earth knows what she's doing even if you do not. But Liberals cannot understand that as they think they PERSONALLY must micromanage the Climate just as they think it is their mission to micromanage other people's lives.

So our hope of reducing dangerous levels of Methane is to wait 1 billion years for it to be sequestered in Rock formations?

The OH- reaction that balances Methane back into CO2 (then into Rocks) is breaking down which is why Methane has increased by 2.5x in the last 200 years.

Meanwhile we don't have that long to wait, due to the massive amount of energy Methane adds to the system.

Uh Oh! Sucks to be you! I guess your days are limited, meantime, the Earth will roll along just fine and adapt like it has for 4.5 billion years. Liberals, not so much.
Now dumb fuck, your evidence for your statements is?

Global Warming: BFD

When Earth was much warmer, snakes grew to 60 feet long and turtles were 600 lbs. What's the problem with a warmer planet?
Humans can't survive in that environment.

The fuck we can't
We definitely can't, you want to live in Liberia? You think they are poor not because Ebola easily survives on their sweat and surfaces they touch in such extreme heat and humidity? But why...because they are Black!?

When Earth was much warmer, snakes grew to 60 feet long and turtles were 600 lbs. What's the problem with a warmer planet?
Yes, we can, and quite well. But maintaining the civilization we have come to enjoy in a rapidly changing climate will be much harder to do. This year was a foretaste of that, as we had major weather catastrophes worldwide.

Yes, we can, and quite well. But maintaining the civilization we have come to enjoy in a rapidly changing climate will be much harder to do. This year was a foretaste of that, as we had major weather catastrophes worldwide.

How do you define a "Weather catastrophes"?

You kill one 60 foot snake and you feed your village for a year. Of course, one 60 foot snake might eat a villager or three before you subdue it

Oddly enough, all of Earth's hottest inter-glacial periods, such as the Hadean, the late Neoproterozoic and the PETM (Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum) all occurred long ago before man and long before industry or any ability to blame climate change on man's industrial activity. Life came, it grew, it evolved and changed as the climate evolved and changed. Of course, man could not survive losing modern industrial activity without going back to an agrarian culture of the 18th century and giving up 2/3rds of its population. But the climate-fear-mongers never want to come to grips with that. Modern human civilization has developed over just the past 10,000 years or so. The period has generally been one of low temperatures and relative global climate stability. As always, the Earth moves on, indifferent to our needs but rather than adapt to meet the Earth, the modern liberal dreams of controlling/changing the Earth to meet HIM.

Maybe the problem isn't the climate but US. If Earth has a problem, maybe it is that it has 7.4 BILLION people on it now, and it is merely making a course correction to re-balance us as it does everything, back to maybe a more reasonable 3 billion. That should be about right. If that happens, it might be survival of the fittest, and my observation has always been that liberals and leftists are usually the WEAKEST.

The reason this matters is Methane production by wetlands behaves like the Arctic about 5C and below, but behaves like the Tropics about 10C and above.

Butbut, methane is GOOD! It makes me think of cows farts and that always makes me think of Snowflake Liberals who are one big loud cow fart.

I don't think the Earth can currently survive its +4w/m^2 GHG concentration, let alone a full doubling of the Methane component (which accounts for about 1.5 of those watts.). One Solar Maximum will add another full 1 watt to that input, and the Earth will be pushed over a limit then. That will probably be the straw to break the camel's back, a Solar maximum to push the Arctic fully into a 10C isotherm during summers.

Let's note that. Thanks for letting us know the end is near. I guess you also think the oceans are running dry from evaporation? Just as you fail to recognize the mechanisms of rainfall returning water to the Sea, the Earth is self-balancing taking the excess methane and returning it back in the form of storage in rock and organic matter. The Earth knows what she's doing even if you do not. But Liberals cannot understand that as they think they PERSONALLY must micromanage the Climate just as they think it is their mission to micromanage other people's lives.
OK, Toob, present some scientific evidence for your stance on this subject.

It isn't a matter of STANCE, I don't take stances, I make observations. How do you think all of that methane got locked up and stored in all these locations in the first place? Everything runs in cycles and all one needs is to study the history of the planet to see that EVERYTHING runs in cycles. Just as the ocean bobs up and down and your weather oscillates above and below its mean temp., methane and other agents are all cyclically stored and released as required around a mean level the Earth chooses as its median level of balance, and nothing man has done or CAN DO will ever be remotely near its greatest or least antigen in controlling or changing the Earth's cycles. Enjoy the ride. We are not derailing the car, we are merely part of the trip.

How do you define one? Your turn, silly ass.

The fuck we can't
We definitely can't, you want to live in Liberia? You think they are poor not because Ebola easily survives on their sweat and surfaces they touch in such extreme heat and humidity? But why...because they are Black!?

I'm willing to sweat it out and take the chance! I'm betting conservatives are a lot tougher than you libs-- -- -- we have all the guns and food reserves; all we need to do is tough it out until all the whining liberals on the earth go belly up from not getting their timely government benefits, then once you are all gone, we'll steer the Earth back to Shangri-La for the rest of us. :D

How do you define one? Your turn, silly ass.

You brought it up, what did you have in mind...a hurricane? An arson spawned forest fire?

It isn't a matter of STANCE, I don't take stances, I make observations. How do you think all of that methane got locked up and stored in all these locations in the first place? Everything runs in cycles and all one needs is to study the history of the planet to see that EVERYTHING runs in cycles. Just as the ocean bobs up and down and your weather oscillates above and below its mean temp., methane and other agents are all cyclically stored and released as required around a mean level the Earth chooses as its median level of balance, and nothing man has done or CAN DO will ever be remotely near its greatest or least antigen in controlling or changing the Earth's cycles. Enjoy the ride. We are not derailing the car, we are merely part of the trip.
Glad you don't work in my trade. You would be dead in a short time. You make assumptions based on nothing at all. This world reacts to the physical and chemical laws of nature. If something changes, then there is a reason. And, through the studies of scientists, we can find out those reasons.

Glad you don't work in my trade. You would be dead in a short time. You make assumptions based on nothing at all. This world reacts to the physical and chemical laws of nature. If something changes, then there is a reason. And, through the studies of scientists, we can find out those reasons.

So freezing cold over 90% of the USA is due to global warming

"this new learning amazes me"

• I guess you're a fucking retard
  • You can take that strawman and shove it up your ass.
  • Stupid redneck bitch
  • Now dumb fuck,
  • Your turn, silly ass.
My, My, My, how quickly the Liberals take the LOW road even as they think themselves the high one. But then, that is ALWAYS the case. Nature says: Those who think they already know everything have long-stopped learning.

Yeah . . . . what would I know of being a scientist or the physical and chemical laws of nature?! :D

Yeah . . . . what would I know of being a scientist or the physical and chemical laws of nature?! :D
Everything runs in cycles?

It's so tedious...if it all is natural, PROVE it's NATURAL changes.

Forum List

Back