Are Christians Perfect?

In no way do I consider myself perfect. Just when did you get the idea I do??

I do not believe ancient loads of bullshit written by camel and goat herders who shit on the ground and wiped on their hands....especially when their story is based upon one which had a dozen versions and circulated around N. Africa and the middle east beginning about 3500 years ago. One of every five men claimed to be the son of god and one of every three were named Jesus.

10 Christ-like Figures Who Pre-Date Jesus - Listverse

When you question the perfection of others it comes from a place of hubris stemming from a sense of superiority

BTW I am an atheist and don't feel threatened by the beliefs of the religious in fact I couldn't care less

Why are you so concerned with other peoples' religious belifs to the point you feel the need to question their perfection when you yourself admit you are far from perfect

Bullshit!!
You don't know me nor do you know a thing about me. I'll tell you why I feel strongly about the religious bullshit that continues in this country. By the time I was four or five years old my maternal grandmother was already working hard on my brainwashing. If I did something a little naughty or against her personal belief she would tell me, "Old Scratch Will Get You!" Old Scratch being her name for Satan. She would walk over a mile in the snow to make church services on a Wednesday evening or Sunday Morning.

In grammar school, 3rd and 4th grades my west TN teachers would begin each day with the pledge of allegiance and the Lord's Prayer. On Mondays they assigned each student a bible verse to memorize and recite back to the class on Thursday or Friday. I read the bible and the book of Mormon through while I was still in my teens. I had read the new testament no less than ten times while I was in my twenties. I was baptized in a Baptist church before a congregation of nearly a thousand on a Sunday morning in the spring of 1957. I was a Sunday school teacher, a member of the building committee and the Brotherhood. I worked with RA Boys and coached one of their baseball teams. I was a substitute usher. I spoke with personal testimony in nearby small churches. I visited the sick on Tuesday evenings and twice a year we visited a prison or a jail. We tithed our gross. I walked the walk.

I used to sit in the sanctuary on Sunday mornings and look around at the faces of others and wonder if they
doubted the way I did. I was two-faced until I was over sixty years old. After I retired I made a major decision.
I did not want to keep living a lie.....I never believed all that malarkey.
I had most of the new testament memorized chapter and verse while I was still in my twenties and 90% of
Christians don't know (*)(*)(*)(*) about the bible. Most have a few favorite verses and listen to the self
serving messages from a preacher when they go to church but that's usually it. I love to see the look on their
faces when I lace them with a couple of verses which absolutely states the opposite of something they have
declared. I'm on a mission. As long as innocent children are being methodically brainwashed with that horse shit I will be speaking up.....at least till I die.

Want a tissue?

I walked out of a Catholic CCD class because a priest told me I was not to ask questions I was only to listen and believe

I was 8

SO stop whining what other people believe is none of your fucking business and you certainly should not be inquiring as to the perfection of others until you are perfect

This is a public forum....put me on your ignore list and kiss my big orange, east Tennessee, coon dawg ass!!!!!

Another redneck whiner

Don't Throw Me In That Briar Patch:

IMG_2945.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2945.JPG
    IMG_2945.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 71
Not, but Christ is.

For your information Christ and all the other fictitious god figures from the past are as dead as a mackerel. They only exist in the minds of those who wish they did. Many of us can handle life without an invisible friend in the sky.

Not, but Christ is.

For your information Christ and all the other fictitious god figures from the past are as dead as a mackerel. They only exist in the minds of those who wish they did. Many of us can handle life without an invisible friend in the sky.
And where is your proofs that Christ didn't exist and doesn't exist know?

Not, but Christ is.

Look Around!! Do you ever see him? I'm kinda partial to actually seeing something before I get too upset about it. I'm funny that way!

Not, but Christ is.

Look Around!! Do you ever see him? I'm kinda partial to actually seeing something before I get too upset about it. I'm funny that way!
Not mainly see but feel. So, if you don't have enough proofs, how could you for sure say something about it? It would much more honestly for you to say, "I don't have opinion on such question".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back