Are Christians "testing God"

The insistence of some idiots to open up and attend church tomorrow defies rationality.
Perhaps there is an irrational reasoning behind it.

Are they testing God ?
Do they believe that their faith will protect them from the virus ? And if it doesn't would they then become martyrs ?

It sounds a bit out there but I think that is where our thoughts need to be when confronted by selfish imbecility.
I don't think they fully understand all the implications. My oldest daughter (Army) is stationed in Korea. Her younger sister went to visit her--and landed on the day South Korea learned that someone with the virus had attended a church service. The infection spread to other people in the congregation, who then went on to start the virus rolling all over South Korea. It soon became apparent we had to get the younger one out of Korea quickly. Even so, she had to go through the fourteen days of self-quarantine and could not return to work as scheduled.

Because of that virus that was spread by church members, my older daughter is still dealing with those consequences, working long, strange hours. She has also been on partial lock down.

Therefore, all people tempted to gather in a crowded church might remind themselves of a comment Jesus made...What you do to the least of my brethern, you do to me, and what the effect their action might be on people (and by extension, their families) whom they don't even know.

The citizens of Sloppycreek had plenty of warning that their little town was in the path of a horrible storm. Everyone made preparations to evacuate, except for Joe.

He stayed calm and when his neighbor offered to take him out of town with his family, Joe said the Lord would provide.

The water continued to rise and Joe went upstairs as it seeped in under the doors. When the captain of the bowling league motored by in his bass boat, he offered to throw out some turkey decoys and rotted life vests to make room for Joe. Joe waved his hand and said that God would provide.

The storm got even worse and Joe climbed out onto his roof where the fierce winds threatened to blow him to Tennessee. Another would be rescuer showed up in the form of a helicopter that lowered Joe a basket to get into. Joe thanked them but tells them he has faith in the Lord and will be saved.

Half an hour later, Joe drowns. When he gets to the pearly gates he cries, My Lord! Why have you forsaken your faithful servant?

God replied, Joe! I sent you an SUV, a boat and even a damned helicopter! What else did you need?
No one told Joe he would be saved if he stopped worshipping.

Twas just a joke the thread reminded me of.

I understand church provides a sense of community to some, but why do people feel compelled to pack themselves into a church during a pandemic just to worship?
Christ blesses those who gather in his name. It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Freedom of religion and Freedom of Assembly are First Amendment freedoms. Democrats are turning the government into one of tyranny equal to that of China.
If a bunch of people pack into church and spread this thing and they all get sick could it be called a "biblical plague"?

I understand church provides a sense of community to some, but why do people feel compelled to pack themselves into a church during a pandemic just to worship?
Christ blesses those who gather in his name. It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Freedom of religion and Freedom of Assembly are First Amendment freedoms. Democrats are turning the government into one of tyranny equal to that of China.

Where does the Bible say that you have to go to church to worship?

I thought Donny was leading the fight ?

I wish he would. Trump would be entirely correct in coming out swinging against the enemy democrats.

The insistence of some idiots to open up and attend church tomorrow defies rationality.
Perhaps there is an irrational reasoning behind it.

Are they testing God ?
Do they believe that their faith will protect them from the virus ? And if it doesn't would they then become martyrs ?

It sounds a bit out there but I think that is where our thoughts need to be when confronted by selfish imbecility.

As difficult as this is to understand for rational people:

These people who insist on defying public-health orders to intend services do not understand that an individual's faith is carried within. Those who attend these services will not quarantine themselves because they just don't care what happens to their neighbors. This is not a very Christian thing to do.

Forum List

Back