Are Emoluments Laws Enforcable?

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT:

I honestly don't have an answer, but would like to hear from someone with a law degree on this, It seems Trump's sales pitch about the next G7 summit, and a number of his past actions are pretty clear violations of Emoluments law (see link below), but - I don't see any legal backlash here, in fact Donald Trump seems to be skating through this Emoluments situation much like John Gotti, the teflon Don. So, I'm wondering - Are Emoluments laws really enforceable? or are these just old blue laws such as reg's against spitting on the sidewalk? Democrats are crying foul, and the GOP says "no big deal"

Any thoughts?

Guide to the Constitution

Seems they are not, because they have become totally political like everything else.

In years past had a president had the audacity to use his position and power to advertise for his own company it would have been met with condemnation from all sides.

But Trump knows that his worshipers do not care, he knows they will cover for him, make excuses for him and nothing will come of it

Apparently he states his company pays to the US Treasury the portion of revenue/profit it receives from foreign governments. Luckily he has the utmost rectitude when it comes to matters financial.

Forum List

Back