Are gag orders constitutional?

The judge doesnt do that, the states do.

The judge gives the sentence. And where do the states get the power to take away peoples rights? Where does it say in the Constitution they can do that?

They dont lose their guns going to jail, they cant have them in jail.

Which means they are being denied their 2nd Amendment rights while in prison as they cannot bear arms while in there.

Lets ignore the peaches-and-chief for a minute. Lets forget him and his gag orders. This is a general question.
Are gag orders constitutional? How can ones speech be silenced with threat of hefty fines, jail, imprisoned to their home etc for talking about the government?
I know there is a Supreme court case about it, but that doesnt really mean anything in this thread. They also said it was constitutional for the tyrant FDR to imprison citizens simply for their heritage, forcing people to salute the flag was constitutional, and a state saying a black and white person couldnt get married was legal :rolleyes:
Again, please leave trump out of this. I know TDS is a serious mental condition, but damn..
^ Idiot.

You're asking because of Trump, but don't want Trump discussed.

This is LITERALLY a case by case thing.

There is no general answer.

It depends on the situation.

Dear God but conservatives can be morons...

WTF is wrong with you? Seriously, what? Google quotes by the founders on the second you stupid useless fuck. Every time I think I can't think less of leftists. Wow

All that matters is the words of the Constitution. If it does not say it specifically in the Constitution then it is not constitutional, have you not been reading the thread, that is the edict that TNH has put forth. Nobody shall differ from it

The judge gives the sentence. And where do the states get the power to take away peoples rights? Where does it say in the Constitution they can do that?
Doesnt matter. You were wrong.
Which means they are being denied their 2nd Amendment rights while in prison as they cannot bear arms while in there.
They are in a place that doesnt allow weapons. Doesnt mean the "lose their right" I dont lose my right while walking into a school without my AR.

^ Idiot.

You're asking because of Trump, but don't want Trump discussed.

This is LITERALLY a case by case thing.

There is no general answer.

It depends on the situation.

Dear God but conservatives can be morons...
Constitutional rights arent a case by case basis, you statist fucking retard.
And im not a conservative, shithead.

All that matters is the words of the Constitution. If it does not say it specifically in the Constitution then it is not constitutional, have you not been reading the thread, that is the edict that TNH has put forth. Nobody shall differ from it
The govts power comes from the constitution, you stupid dipshit.
They can get more by amendments.
Thats how it works. Not imaginary bullshit like you idiots put forth.

The judge doesnt do that, the states do.
They dont lose their guns going to jail, they cant have them in jail.
Voting isnt a constitutional right.
Try harder.
The judge grants it's judicial powers to the judge exclusively. Not the executive, not the legislative.

What kind of twisted logic is they don't lose their guns, they can't have them in jail?

Is that like they don't lose their free speech, they just aren't allowed to say anything.

Doesnt matter. You were wrong.

They are in a place that doesnt allow weapons. Doesnt mean the "lose their right" I dont lose my right while walking into a school without my AR.
Actually it does.

When the law prohibits exercise of a right within a certain location, that right is taken from you, in that location. If you can't exercise a right, you have no right.

Take the statute of limitations in civil cases. After a certain period of time, you lose your constitutional right to a jury trial.

“In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved,

Another right the government legally removes from people.

Where does it say in the Constitution states can take away people's rights?
They can’t…legally and or constitutionally.
Government is empowered to make and enforce laws that “promote the general welfare” of the people and laws that protect the peoples rights….Government is not empowered to stop people from talking.
Come on people, this shit is so simple.

Start with the 6th amendment right to an "impartial jury"

You can't have an impartial jury that's been corrupted by someones speech. Hence all things necessary to guarantee an impartial jury must be done by the government.
There is no such thing as an impartial jury….your propaganda arms CNN and social media makes sure that’s the case and you know it.
Can you stick a gag order on them?

Lets ignore the peaches-and-chief for a minute. Lets forget him and his gag orders. This is a general question.
Are gag orders constitutional? How can ones speech be silenced with threat of hefty fines, jail, imprisoned to their home etc for talking about the government?
I know there is a Supreme court case about it, but that doesnt really mean anything in this thread. They also said it was constitutional for the tyrant FDR to imprison citizens simply for their heritage, forcing people to salute the flag was constitutional, and a state saying a black and white person couldnt get married was legal :rolleyes:
Again, please leave trump out of this. I know TDS is a serious mental condition, but damn..
“Are gag orders constitutional?”

It’s not a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ question.

Like other aspects of the law, it depends on the specific circumstances:

‘…a court will scrutinize any gag order under the right of free expression, protected by the First Amendment, and applies a heavy presumption against its constitutional validity, as with any prior restraint. See Carroll v. Princess Anne. In Nebraska Press Ass’n v. Stuart, the U.S. Supreme Court considered the following factors in analyzing the constitutionality of a gag order: “(a) the nature and extent of pretrial news coverage; (b) whether other measures would be likely to mitigate the effects of unrestrained pretrial publicity; and (c) how effectively a restraining order would operate to prevent the threatened danger [of an unfair trial for defendant].” In that case, however, the Court found that a lower court’s gag order was justified because publicity of alleged shocking crimes would be widespread and would likely reach a jury, impairing the defendant’s right to a fair trial.’

Forum List

Back