Are "Hate Crime" Laws Constitutional?

I know it's off topic, but also, many women with nothing to gain and a LOT to lose have stepped forward in accusing Mr. Bill Cosby. Some of these women are very successful businesswomen with reputations to think about.

come on Chris. this is all about getting some of Cosby's money. Does Gloria Allred take any cases that wont make her richer?

Well sorry, but I believe the women, and he hasn't really denied doing it either.

That might be the case if we were talking about two or three women. But in this case, we are talking dozens, and I'm suspicious.

If somebody broke into my home while I was at work today, the first thing I would do is contact authorities. I would file a report and try to get the people that committed this crime against me. I would file the loss with my insurance company and they would have no problem paying my claim because they had a police report.

Not the case if I wait 10 years or more. The cops wouldn't even come to my home. They would ask WTF took so long for me to call. But even if they gave me a police report, my insurance company would laugh at my claim.

In many cases, wealthy people just pay people off to keep them off of their back. I think this is exactly what these women are hoping for. I wouldn't doubt if Cosby actually had sex with some of these women, but why would a guy in his position in life need to rape anybody?

Yes, but this was Bill Cosby. Just like what is happening here, these women knew that would happen and when they were younger and more naive, they would probably have even less confidence about stepping on Bill Cosby's toes.

I still don't buy it.

You take ten young women for instance. Bill rapes all ten. All ten are not going to say a word to police? All ten are not going to discuss the problem with friends, family, coworkers who might tell them the appropriate thing to do?

Now I see women just riding the wave. I don't know what Cosby is worth, but I'm in my 50's and he's been an entertainer most all of my life. I had comedy albums of him when I was a kid. He has to be worth a hell of a lot of money. That makes him a target right there.

I didn't follow the case because I'm not all that interested, but I stumbled across this while trying to better familiarize myself with it:

"A popular counter-argument in support of the accusers have been "all of the women can't be lying." In fact, some of Mr. Cosby's accusers' claims have already fallen apart. Former exotic dancer Chloe Goins claimed that Mr. Cosby sexually assaulted her at the Playboy mansion on August 9, 2008. Her claim was the most serious at the time, because it fell within the statute of limitations. However, Marty Singer, Mr. Cosby's attorney, has stated that flight and telephone records clearly place Cosby in New York City, 2,500 miles from the mansion, on the date the alleged assault supposedly took place. Chloe Goins, who has an arrest record for prostitution, picked a bad day and chose an event Cosby didn't even attend. When Cosby's lawyer presented this obvious lie to the authorities, her lawyer released a statement about her memory being compromised by trauma, and she has since slithered away.

Louisa Moritz, 68, claims that Cosby forced oral sex on her in the dressing room and then threatened her backstage at The Tonight Show in 1971. However, Internet Movie Database records show that Cosby and Moritz never appeared together on any episodes of The Tonight Show in 1971. When presented with the discrepancy, Moritz admitted that she wasn't actually sure what year the alleged assault occurred, and then she provided The Daily Caller the name of her Washington-based attorney who represents multiple Cosby accusers.

Former models Beverly Johnson and Janice Dickinson, cited as Mr. Cosby's most prominent accusers, fabricated their claims against him according to their former manager. Both models claim that Mr. Cosby drugged them. However, Janice Dickinson's own manager, Don Gibble, said her story has changed drastically. She recently claimed that Cosby drugged her with a pill and raped her in 1982 in a hotel room in Lake Tahoe. According to Gibble, Dickinson stated at Hollywood parties several times that Cosby had made a pass at her in a hotel, which she rejected. She then claimed that Cosby went to bed without assaulting her, according to her original version of events.

Gibble also represented Beverly Johnson in the 1990s. Johnson recently alleged that Cosby drugged her at his home in the mid-1980s after serving her a cup of cappuccino during a period in which she was auditioning for a role on his sitcom. She claimed that after a couple of sips, she started feeling woozy and realized that she was drugged. She cursed at Mr. Cosby, and he forcibly threw her into a cab. But Gibble said that Johnson told him her Cosby story many times. In her original story, she recounts one personal meeting with Mr. Cosby and his wife Camille at a pleasant, non-eventful brunch.

Not only have some of Mr. Cosby accuser's been caught in lies, but some have credibility issues due to their past legal problems and criminal histories. Former playboy bunny P.F. Masten, who is currently accusing Mr. Cosby of rape, once accused Marv Albert of rape when he was having his bout of legal trouble (back then she was referred to as Patricia Masten). Marv Albert was in hot water for allegedly raping and biting a woman. Masten joined the Gloria Allred-led lawsuit and claimed that Marv Albert had raped and bitten her, too.

Chelan Lasha, a washed up model, is also one of the women represented by Gloria Allred accusing Mr. Cosby of rape. She is a drug-abusing prostitute with a criminal history. Lasha was arrested and charged at varying times for theft, false reporting, assault, and prostitution.

Linda Joy Traitz claims that Mr. Cosby tried to drug and assault her more than 40 years ago. Traitz got out of prison in 2012 after serving more than three years for trafficking Oxycodone, possession of a controlled substance, and obtaining a controlled substance by fraud.

Tamara Green, also accusing Mr. Cosby of raping her decades ago, was suspended from practicing law by the State Bar of California and was placed on probation for failing to disburse a $20,000 medical settlement to a client; she instead pocketed the settlement for herself. Mr. Cosby maintains having no recollection of Green.

Read more: Articles: Examining Bill Cosby's Accusers
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Forum List

Back