Are "Hate Crime" Laws Constitutional?

Is there evidence that hate crime laws act as a deterrent?
Ask yourself if you were an anti semetic, would you think twice before beating up a guy just because he's wearing a yamaka? I would. It'd make me mad Jews were protected by such a law. Id think they were taking over the country and I'd join the kkk
Unlike yourself I wouldn't beat someone up unless it was self defense. You see, YOU need to be micro-managed by the state, I don't. People like you project your shortcomings onto everyone and think we all suffer from the same malady.
Try legislating millions of people like me.
People like you are ruining the country. You live in a sea of relativism where there are no absolutes, and you want the state to play god and examine our souls. Men can't actually do that in reality so they pick and choose people to make an example of, like any tyranny.

Hey, I do see your points. Like why aren't blacks who attack whites not charged with hate crimes?
Because of political correctness. Some blacks are as prejudiced as any white racist. We can't fight racism with racism.

I know it's off topic, but also, many women with nothing to gain and a LOT to lose have stepped forward in accusing Mr. Bill Cosby. Some of these women are very successful businesswomen with reputations to think about.

I know it's off topic, but also, many women with nothing to gain and a LOT to lose have stepped forward in accusing Mr. Bill Cosby. Some of these women are very successful businesswomen with reputations to think about.

come on Chris. this is all about getting some of Cosby's money. Does Gloria Allred take any cases that wont make her richer?

Ovey!

Regurgitating bull crud again I see..... ;)

She broke no law.

actually she did. Patreaus was found guilty of basically the same thing on a smaller scale.

Patreus was found guilty of sharing classified information with his biographer. Who he was also fucking.

At issue are "black books" — eight notebooks in which Petraeus kept highly classified information that the government says included "the identities of covert officers, war strategy, intelligence capabilities and mechanisms, diplomatic discussions, quotes and deliberative discussions from high-level National Security Council meetings, and defendant David Howell Petraeus's discussions with the President of the United States of America."

Petraeus Sentenced To 2 Years' Probation, Fine For Sharing Classified Info

The emails were merely evidence of the above.

Again, which has nothing to do with this thread.

disclosure of classified data is a crime, the circumstances of the disclosure don't lessen the crime.

will HRC be prosecuted? probably not, we all know that the Clintons are special people who are above the law.
CORRECTION: Delivering of known SECRET and TOP SECRET classified info to someone without clearance is against the law.

only SECRET and TOP SECRET Classified material contains National security secrets...

Yes, and when she sent that classified material to anyone on her unsecure server, she was delivering it to any number of people or groups who were not cleared to receive it.

The holder of the classified data has the responsibility to protect it from disclosure.

It is very likely that her server was hacked and that the Russians, Chinese, and any number of terrorist organizations have every one of her e-mails that were sent on that server.

Again, if you did that, you would already be in jail.
who did she send it to?

According to ALL articles on this, she sent the 2 Secret emails to NO ONE, the information that was supposedly top secret was sent to her...and it turns out, the person that sent her this info, got the info from PUBLIC sources, NOT from any top secret info the gvt was maintaining....

Try again! :D

See the far left just want hate crimes to label someone and actually not really do anything!

Another far left religious narrative shot down!
Then why do you care?

The purpose of hate crimes is to deter people from commuting them. Stop preying on old black gay Jews.
Does it work?
Yes it does. I can only speak for me but I would think twice before picking on a black or gay just for being black or gay. Knowing I could get charged with a hate crime might make me think twice. That's the purpose.

Nothing is fool proof
Is there evidence that hate crime laws act as a deterrent?
Ask yourself if you were an anti semetic, would you think twice before beating up a guy just because he's wearing a yamaka? I would. It'd make me mad Jews were protected by such a law. Id think they were taking over the country and I'd join the kkk
So laws on hate crimes would lead to more people joint the KKK? And that's good?

It's all horribly Orwellian, the gvmnt trying to control not only the speech and actions of the populace, but also their thoughts, and criminalising thoughts, emotions and beliefs. Unapproved thoughts = thought crimes and crimethink. Way to go libturds.

Maybe, but that's what we have judges for; to determine the sincerity of the accused.

Thank you for admitting that our court system explores the hearts and minds of perpetrators.

Yes they do, but our legislatures should not.

So you want to strip murder statutes of phrases like "malice aforethought" or "deliberately with intent to cause harm"?

I don't care because they apply to all people, not to selected groups.

Hate crime laws apply to all people. You keep trying to paint a picture otherwise, but at this point you're simply being dishonest in doing so.
Not according to the previous Attorney General:
Attorney General Eric Holder settled Hackel's question of whether hate crime laws protect whites: they don't.

Holder repeatedly claimed that hate crime laws are designed to protect only groups that were targeted for violence on a "historic basis," such as African-Americans, Hispanics, Jews, and gays. (Holder's testimony can be viewed in its entirety by clicking the 'webcast' link here. He lists the groups he considers to be protected between 73:30 and 74 minutes
Read more at
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

It's all horribly Orwellian, the gvmnt trying to control not only the speech and actions of the populace, but also their thoughts, and criminalising thoughts, emotions and beliefs. Unapproved thoughts = thought crimes and crimethink. Way to go libturds.
Oh relax. Just don't beat up a gay or black for them being gay or black and you'll be fine.

Thank you for admitting that our court system explores the hearts and minds of perpetrators.

So you want to strip murder statutes of phrases like "malice aforethought" or "deliberately with intent to cause harm"?

Hate crime laws apply to all people. You keep trying to paint a picture otherwise, but at this point you're simply being dishonest in doing so.
Attorney General Eric Holder settled Hackel's question of whether hate crime laws protect whites: they don't.

Holder repeatedly claimed that hate crime laws are designed to protect only groups that were targeted for violence on a "historic basis," such as African-Americans, Hispanics, Jews, and gays. (Holder's testimony can be viewed in its entirety by clicking the 'webcast' link here. He lists the groups he considers to be protected between 73:30 and 74 minutes
Read more at

And that's an example why I don't listen to Eric Holder.

come on Chris. this is all about getting some of Cosby's money. Does Gloria Allred take any cases that wont make her richer?

Well sorry, but I believe the women, and he hasn't really denied doing it either.

Well sorry, but I believe the women, and he hasn't really denied doing it either.

I believe them too. But I also think they bear some responsibility for putting themselves in a vulnerable position by going to his room, taking unknown pills, and drinking wine.

What do you think those women thought was going to happen in that room?

Oh relax. Just don't beat up a gay or black for them being gay or black and you'll be fine.
I have no intention of beating up anybody, and that is not the point, is it? What we are talking about is criminilising thoughts, emotions and beliefs, and placing a higher worth on some people over others. it IS Orwellian and everyone should be fighting against this abuse.

Read more at

And that's an example why I don't listen to Eric Holder.
And here's an example of deflection :)

That might be the case if we were talking about two or three women. But in this case, we are talking dozens, and I'm suspicious.

If somebody broke into my home while I was at work today, the first thing I would do is contact authorities. I would file a report and try to get the people that committed this crime against me. I would file the loss with my insurance company and they would have no problem paying my claim because they had a police report.

Not the case if I wait 10 years or more. The cops wouldn't even come to my home. They would ask WTF took so long for me to call. But even if they gave me a police report, my insurance company would laugh at my claim.

In many cases, wealthy people just pay people off to keep them off of their back. I think this is exactly what these women are hoping for. I wouldn't doubt if Cosby actually had sex with some of these women, but why would a guy in his position in life need to rape anybody?

I have no intention of beating up anybody, and that is not the point, is it? What we are talking about is criminilising thoughts, emotions and beliefs, and placing a higher worth on some people over others. it IS Orwellian and everyone should be fighting against this abuse.

And additionally, none of congress' enumerated powers would allow it to enact such a law.

That might be the case if we were talking about two or three women. But in this case, we are talking dozens, and I'm suspicious.

If somebody broke into my home while I was at work today, the first thing I would do is contact authorities. I would file a report and try to get the people that committed this crime against me. I would file the loss with my insurance company and they would have no problem paying my claim because they had a police report.

Not the case if I wait 10 years or more. The cops wouldn't even come to my home. They would ask WTF took so long for me to call. But even if they gave me a police report, my insurance company would laugh at my claim.

In many cases, wealthy people just pay people off to keep them off of their back. I think this is exactly what these women are hoping for. I wouldn't doubt if Cosby actually had sex with some of these women, but why would a guy in his position in life need to rape anybody?

Yes, but this was Bill Cosby. Just like what is happening here, these women knew that would happen and when they were younger and more naive, they would probably have even less confidence about stepping on Bill Cosby's toes.

I believe them too. But I also think they bear some responsibility for putting themselves in a vulnerable position by going to his room, taking unknown pills, and drinking wine.

Who knows? They were probably young and stupid at the time. Just because a woman wants to party doesn't mean she is consenting to sex.

Who knows? They were probably young and stupid at the time. Just because a woman wants to party doesn't mean she is consenting to sex.

"wanting to party" can mean different things to different people. But for the last time, they went to his hotel room alone with him, they took pills that he offered them, they drank wine that he offered them. They were either very stupid or they wanted to get laid by a famous man.

People are responsible for the results of their actions.

Forum List

Back