Are there any politicians you respect from the opposing party?

For the most part Rand Paul from the Republican party... Although his playing as a team (captin funny enough) scares me a little because while I understand it's 'support them now so they have to support me later," he is still supporting mostly unrespectable human beings.

None on the Democrat side seem to care about people though so... oh well. hard to get on board with a bigger war party than the Republicans under were under Bush. Massive bail-outs to the rich, massive deficits and massive never ending stimulus that Dems just never seem to talk about, it's only 40 billion a month lol.

Last edited:
  • Banned
For me it would be McCaskill. Not so much her but her family. I once did a bid for her sister just before the 08 election. They saw my anti Obama sticker on my truck and still engaged me as if I wasn't from the opposite side of the fence. The conversatiin was very engaging and her sister even gave me an excellent report on Angieslist.

Also to an extent, Emanuel Cleaver because I've seen his efforts to help the poor here in Kansas City without trying to get into my pocket to do it.

I'm neither a Democrat nor a Republican, but on the GOP side I respect Huckabee and Geren, and on the Democrat's side Kucinich; most of the rest I had respect for in either party have been dead a while now.

Huckabee's support for those ludicrous 'Fair Tax' scams is a mystery, though.

Last edited:
Ron Paul because he is uncompromising in his beliefs. I do take issue with many of his positions though.

Yes, Christie, both of the Doles, (I know they are retired), Collins, Murkowski, McCain, Graham (most of the time), the list goes on.

Miller may have been somewhat sympathetic to causes of the Republican Party, such as, say, republicanism in some measure, but one question I've never heard a clear concise answer to is, "What the @%@ is a conservative Democratic?"

Miller may have been somewhat sympathetic to causes of the Republican Party, such as, say, republicanism in some measure, but one question I've never heard a clear concise answer to is, "What the @%@ is a conservative Democratic?"

A man like JFK could fit that bill...a man like his brother Ted, would fit a killers profile.... funny how you get 2 opposites in the same family!

Well, let's see. I have two opposing parties. So, for the GOP it has to be Jon Huntsman Jr. On the Democratic side, probably Evan Bayh.
The reason? They are both moderates/centralist, who's views mirror something most Americans can identify with and believe in.

Yes, I would add Huntsman. I prefer moderates/centrists.

Forum List

Back