Are these the last days?

Newtonian

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2020
Science and technology has made amazing advances since the 1918 pandemic called the Spanish Flu which killed about 20 million people in all countries except the island of St. Helena. But has science and technology averted the fulfillment of Jesus' prophecies about the last days?

Plague/pestilence is only one of the many things that Jesus foretold for the last days (aka time of the end). Another is in Revelation 11:18 that God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth.

Science and technology could stop many of the ways man is ruining the earth - but sadly scientists and others (e.g. Greta Gerwig) have not been able to stop mankind from ruining the earth. Not that they have not had some successes such as making progress in repairing earth's ozone layer. Despite this, many scientists believe we are nearing the proverbial "tipping point."

Jesus also foretold food shortages (aka famine) in general - see Matthew 24:'7-9. But how could a country as rich (and in debt) as the United States have food shortages? The answer is in the Revelation by Jesus as to a specific detail that would be true of some food shortages:

Revelation 6:5,6
When he opened the third seal,+ I heard the third living creature+ say: “Come!” And I saw, and look! a black horse, and the one seated on it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 I heard what sounded like a voice in the midst of the four living creatures say: “A quart* of wheat for a de·narʹi·us*+ and three quarts of barley for a de·narʹi·us; and do not harm the olive oil and the wine.”+

A denarius was a day's wage back then - so a person who was healthy could earn enough to buy enough food to work another day - however, others do suffer from malnutrition worldwide since the last days began.

But here in the United States we see before our very eyes the fulfillment of this prophecy in the current 'food shortage.' It is not that there is an actual food shortage in the United States - it is simply than many cannot afford to buy enough food to survive. And this is worse in the United States because most people are not used to growing their own food - nor do most of them know which 'weeds' (e.g. common varieties of chick weed) are edible and nutritious.

Bottom line - with all of its advances, science and technology has not stopped the fulfillment of Jesus' prophecies about the last days.

Do you all agree? [Yes, I know - on a political forum it is very unlikely all agree on anything - "not open to any agreement" is another thing foretold for the last days - see 2 Timothy 3:1-5]

I tend to be a little suspicious of "endtimes" religions and their proponents.

Science and technology has made amazing advances since the 1918 pandemic called the Spanish Flu which killed about 20 million people in all countries except the island of St. Helena. But has science and technology averted the fulfillment of Jesus' prophecies about the last days?

Plague/pestilence is only one of the many things that Jesus foretold for the last days (aka time of the end). Another is in Revelation 11:18 that God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth.

Science and technology could stop many of the ways man is ruining the earth - but sadly scientists and others (e.g. Greta Gerwig) have not been able to stop mankind from ruining the earth. Not that they have not had some successes such as making progress in repairing earth's ozone layer. Despite this, many scientists believe we are nearing the proverbial "tipping point."

Jesus also foretold food shortages (aka famine) in general - see Matthew 24:'7-9. But how could a country as rich (and in debt) as the United States have food shortages? The answer is in the Revelation by Jesus as to a specific detail that would be true of some food shortages:

When he opened the third seal,+ I heard the third living creature+ say: “Come!” And I saw, and look! a black horse, and the one seated on it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 I heard what sounded like a voice in the midst of the four living creatures say: “A quart* of wheat for a de·narʹi·us*+ and three quarts of barley for a de·narʹi·us; and do not harm the olive oil and the wine.”+

A denarius was a day's wage back then - so a person who was healthy could earn enough to buy enough food to work another day - however, others do suffer from malnutrition worldwide since the last days began.

But here in the United States we see before our very eyes the fulfillment of this prophecy in the current 'food shortage.' It is not that there is an actual food shortage in the United States - it is simply than many cannot afford to buy enough food to survive. And this is worse in the United States because most people are not used to growing their own food - nor do most of them know which 'weeds' (e.g. common varieties of chick weed) are edible and nutritious.

Bottom line - with all of its advances, science and technology has not stopped the fulfillment of Jesus' prophecies about the last days.

Do you all agree? [Yes, I know - on a political forum it is very unlikely all agree on anything - "not open to any agreement" is another thing foretold for the last days - see 2 Timothy 3:1-5]
Actually, the "Last Days" and "End of Time" was when the spawn Obumma was in office. We are all dead now, and this is purgatory. Trump is the Devil's gatekeeper.

Are some of you unaware of the current plague/pandemic? Or of the current long lines of cars/people needing food to survive in the United States?

Remember, this is a science and technology forum section - please make your responses relevant to science and technology.

What would make this pandemic different from all those that have come before? If the world doesn't end, do you promise not to spread this nonsense anymore?

There is in the air like a feeling of end of the world but I think at least I hope that we will be reborn from the ashes

Are some of you unaware of the current plague/pandemic? Or of the current long lines of cars/people needing food to survive in the United States?

Remember, this is a science and technology forum section - please make your responses relevant to science and technology.
Why are you loading your posts with Bible verses in the science and technology section?

It's possible....imo.

There is in the air like a feeling of end of the world but I think at least I hope that we will be reborn from the ashes

Hi Dalia! The good news of God's kingdom is also foretold by Jesus - Matthew 24:14. The term "end of the world" is actually the end of this "system of things" [from the Biblical Greek] - not the end of the planet. Revelation 11:18 shows God will destroy those destroying our planet - the reason is that our Creator will preserve his creation - not destroy it.

See the current remake of the movie "The Day the earth stood still." Granted, just a movie - but the moral of the movie is correct - earth is nearing the tipping point and it is reasonable that superior extraterrestrial intelligence that cares about this rare planet would save earth from man.

Helen (in the movie) finally realized they were trying to save earth from man, not for man. The good news is that not all mankind are destroying the earth.

I liked the movie, btw. Especially touching was Helen's plea that man could change!

Dadgummit, I didn't want to be around for all that, but um..it looks like the 7 years of famine predicted in the bible is upon us.

What's ironic is that it was non-religious leftists that made double-sure the biblical predictions are coming true now.

You can't make this stuff up! :auiqs.jpg:

It's possible....imo.

Indeed Care4all. Your user name calls to my heart the self-sacrificing actions of those in the medical profession who risk their lives to care for all!

Sad that some of them have died because the science and technology that could have protected them IPPE] was not given to them!

Last days? Tough times bring out the fortune tellers and domesday prognosticators. Everything comes to take on meanings that only fit if you allow them to.

'Pandemics Go Hand in Hand with Conspiracy Theories'

Hi Dalia! The good news of God's kingdom is also foretold by Jesus - Matthew 24:14. The term "end of the world" is actually the end of this "system of things" [from the Biblical Greek] - not the end of the planet. Revelation 11:18 shows God will destroy those destroying our planet - the reason is that our Creator will preserve his creation - not destroy it.

See the current remake of the movie "The Day the earth stood still." Granted, just a movie - but the moral of the movie is correct - earth is nearing the tipping point and it is reasonable that superior extraterrestrial intelligence that cares about this rare planet would save earth from man.

Helen (in the movie) finally realized they were trying to save earth from man, not for man. The good news is that not all mankind are destroying the earth.

I liked the movie, btw. Especially touching was Helen's plea that man could change!
Hello Newtonian, I rather wanted to say the end of all kinds of life because to destroy the earth it is something else you would need a very large asteroid or a planet like Mars which rushes at it. but also get sucked in by a nearest massive black hole HR 6819 that's 1000 light years away. all that hang on to a thread

Last edited:
Last days? Tough times bring out the fortune tellers and domesday prognosticators. Everything comes to take on meanings that only fit if you allow them to.

'Pandemics Go Hand in Hand with Conspiracy Theories'

Your commie ass will be going hungry! Hah!

Dadgummit, I didn't want to be around for all that, but um..it looks like the 7 years of famine predicted in the bible is upon us.

What's ironic is that it was non-religious leftists that made double-sure the biblical predictions are coming true now.

The 7 years of famine in the Bible was in ancient Egypt - and Joseph had them stockpile foods in advance to prepare for that ancient famine which effected far more than Egypt. Stockpiling foods to give to the people is amazing science and technology - far superior to modern science and technology.

Sorry - I was being sarcastic.

I'm sure the leftists are not right. Much more important is how much medicine and food is left. What's happening is just not right. (puns intended)

What is amazing to me, which we knew all along btw, is that modern science and technology would not have stopped the 1918 Flu epidemic which killed 20 million people. Perhaps unknowingly, many millions of lives were saved by applying this ancient Proverb:

Proverbs 22:3
The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself,
But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences.*

The danger has not passed btw- it is still wise to shelter in place. Modern science and technology has confirmed this - but many are not listening to medical scientists. We are listening btw - we still have cancelled our meetings and door to door ministry out of love.

Hello Newtonian, I rather wanted to say the end of all kinds of life because to destroy the earth it is something else you would need a very large asteroid or a planet like Mars which rushes at it. but also get sucked in by a nearest massive black hole HR 6819 that's 1000 light years away. all that hang on to a thread

Hi back Dalia. Yes, that is what I thought you meant. Man is destroying many species of animals and plants and man could stop it if it wasn't for another aspect of these last days: the moral breakdown - e.g. "not open to any agreement." (2 Timothy 3:1-5)

Hmmm - HR 6819 - I will research that and get back to you.

It's possible....imo.

Indeed Care4all. Your user name calls to my heart the self-sacrificing actions of those in the medical profession who risk their lives to care for all!

Sad that some of them have died because the science and technology that could have protected them IPPE] was not given to them!
Yes! Rejoice in our healthcare providers and their ever giving spirit.
---------------------------
My caution to myself, who believes your op could be what is happening right now.... is many generations have had their own period of great distress, who have thought that it was end time prophesy happening right before their eyes..... yet, in the end, it wasn't....

thus I humble myself in this type of discussion..... let alone the fact that the Bible states that no one knows the day and the hour..... but it also teaches that we will be given SIGNS of the pending time....

There are many things, not only the plagues and pestilence, earthquakes in diverse places, killing off of most of the fish in the seas etc, brother against brother, mother against daughter, and the 'days work for a loaf of bread'....which also indicates great inflation.....all possible with the way we are printing money.....for the bailouts.

But the full prophesy, includes the great divider, the destroyer, the deceiver, the man of lawlessness, the man who puts himself above God....and my personal belief that president Trump, could be that destroyer..... and that is not a topic that gets well received on this board by anyone.....

Thank you again for alerting me to HR 6819. Here is a current link on this:

Note that scientists (astronomers) expect to find closer black holes.

The Bible also foretold many would be "faint out of fear" of what is coming on earth - see Jesus' prophecy:

Luke 21:25,26
“Also, there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars,+ and on the earth anguish of nations not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and its agitation. 26 People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.+

We do/did not know how this would be fulfilled - now you have helped see one of the signs from the stars that give rise to fears of catastrophe on earth.

Btw - "the roaring of the sea and its agitation" is a Biblical illustration for the agitation of wicked humans - one of the things the nations do not know the way out of. The illustration comes from the ancient Hebrew Scriptures, to wit:

Isaiah 57:20
“But the wicked are like the restless sea that cannot calm down,
And its waters keep tossing up seaweed and mire.

And mankind continues to be in agitation. But there is a literal aspect to this prophecy that is also being fulfilled now in the literal oceans of earth. The mire the sea keeps tossing up include all sorts of pollution - e.g. plastics. It reminds me of a similar illustration: "wild waves of the sea that foam up their own causes for shame;" (Jude 13). Indeed, the literal waves of the literal ocean do foam up causes for shame for mankind - the pollution of earth's oceans is shameful.

Science and technology has actually produced some of these pollutants!

It's possible....imo.

Yes! Rejoice in our healthcare providers and their ever giving spirit.
---------------------------
My caution to myself, who believes your op could be what is happening right now.... is many generations have had their own period of great distress, who have thought that it was end time prophesy happening right before their eyes..... yet, in the end, it wasn't....

thus I humble myself in this type of discussion..... let alone the fact that the Bible states that no one knows the day and the hour..... but it also teaches that we will be given SIGNS of the pending time....

There are many things, not only the plagues and pestilence, earthquakes in diverse places, killing off of most of the fish in the seas etc, brother against brother, mother against daughter, and the 'days work for a loaf of bread'....which also indicates great inflation.....all possible with the way we are printing money.....for the bailouts.

But the full prophesy, includes the great divider, the destroyer, the deceiver, the man of lawlessness, the man who puts himself above God....and my personal belief that president Trump, could be that destroyer..... and that is not a topic that gets well received on this board by anyone.....

And having been in the hospital a number of times recently, I can testify personally to the loving care of the nurses, and the wisdom of doctors who also care for us.

Yes, we do not know the day and hour - it is good to be humble. It would also be good to listen to the good news of God's Kingdom - Matthew 24:14 - involving the end of what? The answer is good news btw.

We believe the deceiver is Satan and that there are many (plural false Christs and plural antichrists in Scripture) who follow his lead - in fact, much of what is now happening is involved with this.

However, Trump is not alone - Ecclesiastes 8:9 shows man has always dominated man to his injury - and especially now in these last days. Solomon wrote this - and his rule was peaceful - yet he humbly did not exclude his own rule from this condemnation!

We have zero involvement in politics - so all I usually say is:

The 7th trump trumps trump - see Revelation 11:15-18.

Btw - the "nations became wrathful" in 1914 (Rev.11:18) with the outbreak of World War I, and the attendant food shortages and the Flu pandemic of 1918. We believe the last days began in 1914.

Forum List

Back