Are We Supposed To Harden Walmarts and Grocery Stores, Too?

He chose his firearms -- including a semiautomatic rifle and a shotgun -- because “there are very few weapons that are easier to use and more effective at killing than firearms, especially the Bushmaster XM-15 I will be using,” he wrote.

His own words.

Not true, but let's go with that for a minute: Would you be happier if there were only 8 dead people at the store than 10? How about 16 dead kids at a school instead of 19. Would you be satisfied with that?

An that is the purpose of the red flag law that permits variously police, family members, coworkers, and others to petition a state courts to order the temporary removal of firearms from a person who they believe may present a danger to others or themselves.
Come on man. You're a smart guy.

How many nanoseconds will it take you you to discover the flaw in any Red Flag law?

Think about the easiest workaround possible.

How are you going to combat that?

There're about 140,000 of them. However it is not just schools but retail establishments, churches, and just about every public place. Turning everyplace people gather into a fortress is not the answer because we can not protect ourselves from ourselves.
Lets start with public schools... Schools should not be a soft target...
We just sent billions to Ukraine in a losing effort... just threw that money away... We can make schools safer... We need elected officials that care more for the safety of your children than they do a campaign issue....

His own words aren’t true? That’s what he said.

It doesn't matter what he said. I'm asking you since you have a hardon for ARs. The point I'm making is that taking away AR's won't stop one mass shooting. Even if you think the shooter may kill one or two less people doesn't change that. The mass shooting will still happen.

Lets start with public schools... Schools should not be a soft target...
We just sent billions to Ukraine in a losing effort... just threw that money away... We can make schools safer... We need elected officials that care more for the safety of your children than they do a campaign issue....

As I stated earlier I was listening to an expert on this subject. He asked why do we only see these shootings in suburban and rural areas and not inner-city schools? His conclusion was for one, those old school buildings are brick and mortar, and two, they already have armed security for the rowdy gang fights that take place all the time.

I think the problem will eventually solve itself as the number of guns keep increasing and arms manufactures keep increase the kill power of guns and ammunition, the high court will stop ignoring the first phrase of the 2nd amendment, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State". When firearms in hands of public threaten the security of the country, and very few owners of guns are members of a well regulated militia, then what is justification of the right to bear arms.

And it does not strike you odd how many people are not just committing mass murder, but suicide as well?
Why would an additional gun control law reduce shootings, when anyone can just buy illegally from any drug dealer?

Firearms in the hands of the public does not threaten anything.
The public is who we should and can trust.
It is the government that we can not trust, and it is the government that has deliberately stressed everyone to the point of shooting, by not protecting unions, letting most good jobs go offshore, by providing no public health care, by making tuition out of reach, etc.

The militia is every able bodied male adult.
Look up any state constitution as to how they define it.

But this was interesting:
{...
The "Act to Regulate the Militia of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania" passed 17 March 1777, and the the subsequent Militia Act passed March 20, 1780, together with their amendments, required all white men between the ages of 18 and 53 capable of bearing arms to serve two months of militia duty on a rotating basis. Refusal to turn out for military exercises would result in a fine, the proceeds from which were used to hire substitutes.
...}

Last edited:
The problem you have is….our great founders were referring to We The Armed People as that well regulated militia that scares you.
This is evidenced by the third and fourth phrase.
“the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

No, that is not really true. Firearms were not part of early American culture and no, most colonial Americans not only did not own guns prior to the war, most had never even fired one. People were armed by the government bringing in firearms from Europe.

And the only people that believe a well regulated militia is needed for the security of the nation are NRA folks. I suppose you going say the public is really a well regulated militia.

I think the problem will eventually solve itself as the number of guns keep increasing and arms manufactures keep increase the kill power of guns and ammunition, the high court will stop ignoring the first phrase of the 2nd amendment, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State". When firearms in hands of public threaten the security of the country, and very few owners of guns are members of a well regulated militia, then what is justification of the right to bear arms.
I hope you are right.

But I doubt you are. The supreme court now cuts and slices laws to fit their agenda.

True. The only difference I would argue is this: a 13 y/o makes a choice to go to TJ Maxx or Lululemon. They are required by law to be at school. No one should have to worry about mass shootings but that is where the NRA and their politicians have put us.
Come on, screw that NRA bullshit.

Every corporation in America has physical security. The big ones have "access control", which means you can't get in AT ALL unless they know who you are

I dont see any problem at all giving every kid an access card and a four digit code.

Wrong.
The whole point is that NOTHING should or legally can be done federally.
Hardening schools is local, so legal.
You're entitled to your opinion, of course.

At the federal level, the only thing I think that can get both passed by the Congress and resist the right wing urge to murder people is hardening schools

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
And it does not strike you odd how many people are not just committing mass murder, but suicide as well?
Why would an additional gun control law reduce shootings, when anyone can just buy illegally from any drug dealer?

Firearms in the hands of the public does not threaten anything.
The public is who we should and can trust.

Absolutely. Statistics show that CCW holders are the most law abiding in the country, and that includes police officers.

Come on, screw that NRA bullshit.

Every corporation in America has physical security. The big ones have "access control", which means you can't get in AT ALL unless they know who you are

I dont see any problem at all giving every kid an access card and a four digit code.
It seems your reflexive anger has made you look like an idiot once more.

I'm for more school security. Gates, guards, and guns in the hands of the guards. It's a bad idea compared to the painfully obvious and much better solution that has been implemented in like 150 other advanced countries but it's the only one we're apparently comfortable doing.

No, that is not really true. Firearms were not part of early American culture and no, most colonial Americans not only did not own guns prior to the war, most had never even fired one. People were armed by the government bringing in firearms from Europe.

And the only people that believe a well regulated militia is needed for the security of the nation are NRA folks. I suppose you going say the public is really a well regulated militia.

Someone said this person was smart? ^^^

As I stated earlier I was listening to an expert on this subject. He asked why do we only see these shootings in suburban and rural areas and not inner-city schools? His conclusion was for one, those old school buildings are brick and mortar, and two, they already have armed security for the rowdy gang fights that take place all the time.
We are funding Ukraine's war we rebuilt Afghanistan and Iraq.... we fund China's bio weapons labs that killed a million Americans but idiot libs think we can't make public schools safe without taking guns away from law abiding citizens....

We are funding Ukraine's war we rebuilt Afghanistan and Iraq.... we fund China's bio weapons labs that killed a million Americans but idiot libs think we can't make public schools safe without taking guns away from law abiding citizens....
I'm not buying it.....

The guntards seem to think the solution to mass shootings has something to do with doors and putting cops in schools.

Well, the cops completely failed at Parkland and Uvalde. In fact, the cop who fucked up at Parkland was fired, but then he sued and got his job back...with back pay.

So much for "the only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".

The guntards are also ignoring the fact that just a few days before the Uvalde, a white replacement bleever mass shooter took out a bunch of black people at a grocery store.

They also ignore the fact a white replacement bleever traveled hours to kill a bunch of Mexicans at a Wal-mart in El Paso.

We cannot harden every grocery story, Wal-Mart, mall, or other gathering places.

Duh!
Nor can you prevent killers from running over people with a car

The guntards seem to think the solution to mass shootings has something to do with doors and putting cops in schools.

Well, the cops completely failed at Parkland and Uvalde. In fact, the cop who fucked up at Parkland was fired, but then he sued and got his job back...with back pay.

So much for "the only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".

The guntards are also ignoring the fact that just a few days before the Uvalde, a white replacement bleever mass shooter took out a bunch of black people at a grocery store.

They also ignore the fact a white replacement bleever traveled hours to kill a bunch of Mexicans at a Wal-mart in El Paso.

We cannot harden every grocery story, Wal-Mart, mall, or other gathering places.

Duh!

No we allow the good people to carry. Bad guys never know who has a weapon so they move along to easier targets.

DURRRRRR

Kavanaugh will have to decide second amendment cases

Hard to justify when he demands armed guards instead of protecting his own family
Its not one or the other here...he can have armed guards and also own guns. That is just prudent planning..

Forum List

Back