Are you a Christian or a Follower of Christ?

Answer the question then dude.......have you ever been over there? I have. Several times in fact, in support of Desert Storm pts 1 and 2.
I've been to enough places to tell you that you're using a squat toilet incorrectly. I hate the damn things myself, but I'd think that most people would be able to figure out that you don't wipe with your hand and wash that off... that's nasty as hell. :lol:

And yes.......they wipe with their left hand, which is why it is considered an insult to someone over there to hold out your left hand to them.
In Muslim tradition, the right hand is used for eating and greeting because the prophet did so. Tradition dictates that the right side comes first in everything - ablutions, eating, etc. Before TP, soft/porous stones were first used, and water was splashed to get rid of what was left.

Here's how the fundies do it, prayers and all:
MSA West

So you finally admit it......they DO wipe with their left hand sans tp.

At least you finally admitted it.

So..........any other bullshit ya wanna lay out? I'm already pretty sure you've never been outside the US.

So you finally admit it......they DO wipe with their left hand sans tp.
I... didn't say that. :eusa_eh:

What the hell are you talking about?

So..........any other bullshit ya wanna lay out? I'm already pretty sure you've never been outside the US.
I have, actually, but you go ahead and think what you want.

Remember... of the two of us, I'm the one that knows how to use a squat toilet. :lol:

Yeah........right........you said they used small stones in the left hand.

My question is.....where the fuck are the stones in the squat toilet?

So.....tell us......what countries have you been to? I'm betting one, maybe 3, (Canada and Mexico).

Go ahead.......I'm gonna know if you're lying.

To answer the question of this thread and to put it a much more broad perspective, a follower of Christ is a Christian, so the Bass is both. Baptists, Methodists and all other denominations who chose to call themselves by a name(s) other than that of the Lord are Christians, they are what they are, Baptists, methodists, Catholics, etc. A Christian is one who follows Christ, not the teachings and doctrines of men.

Now ABikerfailure can commence with his trolling...

To answer the question of this thread and to put it a much more broad perspective, a follower of Christ is a Christian, so the Bass is both. Baptists, Methodists and all other denominations who chose to call themselves by a name(s) other than that of the Lord are Christians, they are what they are, Baptists, methodists, Catholics, etc. A Christian is one who follows Christ, not the teachings and doctrines of men.

The irony ... if that is true then less than 10% of the US is christian ...

It is true, most of those who call themselves Christians are not by virtue of the fact that they follow the doctrines and teachings of the men who founded their denominations, doctrines and teaching which are not found in the Bible.

It is true, most of those who call themselves Christians are not by virtue of the fact that they follow the doctrines and teachings of the men who founded their denominations, doctrines and teaching which are not found in the Bible.

Hmm ... so the US is NOT a christian nation ... good to know.

Not at all, the US is not a Christian nation, one is only a Christian when they follow what the Bible says, the term Christian has been abused and misused by a number of people.

Matthew 7:
[21] "Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. [22] On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' [23] And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.' [24] "Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; [25] and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. [26] And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand; [27] and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it." [28] And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, [29] for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.

Sooooooooo, yes, according to Scripture there will be many who uses Jesus's name in their works....but this doesn't necessarily mean they were true followers of Christ.

Yet there will be others, (the Apostles , in the example I give below) who do not think the people who are not precise followers of Jesus and themselves are Christians, but Jesus CORRECTED them on this topic.

"‘Master,’ said John, ‘we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him because he is not one of us.’ ‘Do not stop him,’ Jesus said, ‘for whoever is not against you is for you’" (Luke 9:49-50).

That right there differs with what Charlie is implying about the various denominations to a degree, imo. As long as they do no evil, and good works follow their belief in Christ, the itty bitty differences in doctrines don't mean a darn thing, this is the message that I believe we are given by the passage above...

Care

Matthew 7:
[21] "Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. [22] On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' [23] And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.' [24] "Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; [25] and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. [26] And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand; [27] and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it." [28] And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, [29] for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.

Sooooooooo, yes, according to Scripture there will be many who uses Jesus's name in their works....but this doesn't necessarily mean they were true followers of Christ.

Yet there will be others, (the Apostles , in the example I give below) who do not think the people who are not precise followers of Jesus and themselves are Christians, but Jesus CORRECTED them on this topic.

"‘Master,’ said John, ‘we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him because he is not one of us.’ ‘Do not stop him,’ Jesus said, ‘for whoever is not against you is for you’" (Luke 9:49-50).

That right there differs with what Charlie is implying about the various denominations to a degree, imo. As long as they do no evil, and good works follow their belief in Christ, the itty bitty differences in doctrines don't mean a darn thing, this is the message that I believe we are given by the passage above...

Care

The difference is doctrine do mean a lot, a person must follow all of what is written, nots parts of what is written combined with non-scriptural doctrine and traditions of men that are not found in the Bible.

Matthew 7:

Care

The difference is doctrine do mean a lot, a person must follow all of what is written, nots parts of what is written combined with non-scriptural doctrine and traditions of men that are not found in the Bible.

Then how do you explain the passage Luke 9:40-50? this man sending out demons in Christ's name was NOT one of "them", yet Jesus....said, whoa nellie...of course he is....?

I do understand, to a degree, what you are trying to say regarding this Charlie...

but what has to be discerned is whether they are FOLLOWERS of Christ and His teachings regarding himself and life on earth....as humans imo.

The nitty gritty is not going to make or break you in my opinion Charlie and you seem to think it will and I do not believe this is Christ's message or even a part of Christ;s message...that passage in Luke is an example of why i take this stance.

Care

-and this is why....

'not one jot or tittle'
false prophets

You know.....I've actually BEEN to Jiddah Saudi Arabia, as well as Dubai UAE.

Their toilets consist of 2 foot pads on either side of a hole, with a hose coming out of the wall.

Ya lift yer bedsheet, squat, and then when you're done, wipe with your left hand and rinse it off with the hose.

Had a friend of mine that had to go to the bathroom (shit) REAL BAD. It took us almost 45 min to find this poor dude a Western toilet.

Poor fucker damn near exploded on the street!

By the way Kalam Charmin, please explain the justification for suicide bombers, killing your own people, destroying your own places of worship (Golden Mosque), and still consider yourselves the "religion of peace".

Religion of peace? Sounds more like a mixed up religion of PIECES.

allah sucks ass and probably blows beggars for free. May his name forever be a curse.....ptooie.........

Face it Charmin, your religion blows as well as sucks.

Dude, not only you're very low on knowledge about Islam and cultures of the countries you claim to have visited (btw, just because you spend some time in a country doesn't necessarily mean you know jackshit about its culture, history, etc.) but you also have some serious problems with reasoning... Been hit in the head too many times?

most of the people from europe in our country were one form of christian or another at the time of our creation, but this does not make us a Christian nation as far as our government is concerned....quite the opposite....there were too many differences between christian denominations who wanted the freedom to practice their own doctrine without government interference...or another denomination ruling them...

Care4,

Wow, most peeps in US are christians, but you're not a christian nation (one nation under god, which one then?). Stunning logic.

And christians don't want government or others to dominate them? So why you trying to tell gays and pro-choice peeps what to do? Isn't there a saying: Do unto others...

one nation under God does not speak of Christianity...it could be any higher being...buddah, allah, etc....or whomever or no one at all....

All citizens, whether Christan, jewish, muslim, buddhist, hindu, wiccan, pagan etc etc etc or athiest or agnostic, have the right to vote their conscience or take a stance on a number of moral issues in which our government governs....this is called freedom....imo.

care

Care4, go back to sleep, you're making no sense.

quite contraire....it is you who does not understand freedom and it is you who appears to want to force your views on to others....

I say you have every right to take your own positions on these issues as it is the right of those who differ with your position to take their own stances....fair is fair....I have no problem with either you, or them....taking a stance on what you or they believe...

Doesn't mean I think the government should take up your position or your opponents' position or should not take it up....regardless, you ALL have the freedom to voice your positions.

Care

Care4, go back to sleep, you're making no sense.

No, Care is 100% correct, the word god is a title, not a name. Confusing to those who think there is only one religion in the world, but it's fact.

god
O.E. god "supreme being, deity," from P.Gmc. *guthan (cf. Du. god, Ger. Gott, O.N. guð, Goth. guþ), from PIE *ghut- "that which is invoked" (cf. Skt. huta- "invoked," an epithet of Indra), from root *gheu(e)- "to call, invoke." But some trace it to PIE *ghu-to- "poured," from root *gheu- "to pour, pour a libation" (source of Gk. khein "to pour," khoane "funnel" and khymos "juice;" also in the phrase khute gaia "poured earth," referring to a burial mound). "Given the Greek facts, the Germanic form may have referred in the first instance to the spirit immanent in a burial mound" [Watkins]. Cf. also Zeus. Not related to good. Originally neut. in Gmc., the gender shifted to masc. after the coming of Christianity. O.E. god was probably closer in sense to L. numen. A better word to translate deus might have been P.Gmc. *ansuz, but this was only used of the highest deities in the Gmc. religion, and not of foreign gods, and it was never used of the Christian God. It survives in Eng. mainly in the personal names beginning in Os-.

"I want my lawyer, my tailor, my servants, even my wife to believe in God, because it means that I shall be cheated and robbed and cuckolded less often. ... If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him." [Voltaire]

First record of Godawful "terrible" is from 1878; God speed as a parting is from c.1470. God-fearing is attested from 1835. God bless you after someone sneezes is credited to St. Gregory the Great, but the pagan Romans (Absit omen) and Greeks had similar customs.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=god&searchmode=none

Last edited:
So basically, Your idea of freedom is that the majority can vote to take or keep rights from any minority? Like if the majority wanted to, you could vote to have blacks go back to being slaves because you're free to vote anyway you want as a majority?
Dude, you have a real funny sense of freedom, like GW Bush, free to bomb anyone you want.

Naiveness ... it must be nice to think the world can be so perfect ... you need to learn more about how our countries government works, seriously.

Forum List

Back