Are you a Christian or a Follower of Christ?

To answer the question of this thread and to put it a much more broad perspective, a follower of Christ is a Christian, so the Bass is both. Baptists, Methodists and all other denominations who chose to call themselves by a name(s) other than that of the Lord are Christians, they are what they are, Baptists, methodists, Catholics, etc. A Christian is one who follows Christ, not the teachings and doctrines of men.

Now ABikerfailure can commence with his trolling...

The irony ... if that is true then less than 10% of the US is christian ...

It is true, most of those who call themselves Christians are not by virtue of the fact that they follow the doctrines and teachings of the men who founded their denominations, doctrines and teaching which are not found in the Bible.

The above is a perfect example of why so many people who are christians are disguested by for so many self-proclaiming Christians.

Like these hatemongers own the franchise on Jesus?

I don't think so, folks.

I think most of hateful Christians are old testment thinkers (not very good ones, either...I think they probably do a disservice to that book, too) who no more understand the loving message of Jesus that Osmam Bin Laden does.

Jesus did not preach intolerance and hatred. He taught a message of love for your fellow man.

Many of these so called Chistians, like Bass for example, preach nothing but hatred and intolerance.

Last edited:
The above is a perfect example of why so many people who are christians are disguested by for so many self-proclaiming Christians.

Like these hatemongers own the franchise on Jesus?

I don't think so, folks.

I think most of hateful Christians are old testment thinkers (not very good ones, either...I think they probably do a disservice to that book, too) who no more understand the loving message of Jesus that Osmam Bin Laden does.

Jesus did not preach intolerance and hatred. He taught a message of love for your fellow man.

Many of these so called Chistians, like Bass for example, preach nothing but hatred and intolerance.

Some of you people who really don't understand the Bible like to accuse people of being intolerant and full of hate, now tell the Bass in plain terms how is following what the Bible says and forsaking the doctrines of men hate, intolerance and not "loving" people? You people seem to forget that "loving" people does *NOT* entail accepting behavior, actions and doctrines that are contrary to the Bible. Because the Bass forsakes the doctrine of Catholics as non-scriptural because they mix pagan practices with some biblical beliefs doesn't mean he hates Catholics and doesn't love Catholics, there are some family members of the Bass that are Catholic, are you implying that the Bass hates those family members based on his rejection of Catholicism being scriptural? You people need to look up the word hate instead of indiscriminately slapping that word of people who simply disagree with something you don't like.

Jesus commanded His followers to keep the commandments of Him and His Father, not the doctrines of men, as simple as that, to follow those principles and reject the doctrines of men is not hate and not intolerance.

Go obsess about queers on your own time, you religious ignoranmous.

You are an affront to everything Jesus Christ ever stood for.

Go obsess about queers on your own time, you religious ignoranmous.

You are an affront to everything Jesus Christ ever stood for.

Couldn't find a real answer could you? Find one scripture in the Bible that says to love someone entails accepting sinful behavior that goes against the Word of God. This isn't even about gays, its about anything, be it behaviour of man created doctrines, that goes against the Bible. Jesus taught His followers to follow the Word of God only and to keep His commandments, He never taught His disciples to "love" people by being accepting and liberal towards sin. Apparently you and the rest of you non-religious liberals don't read the bible.

most of the people from europe in our country were one form of christian or another at the time of our creation, but this does not make us a Christian nation as far as our government is concerned....quite the opposite....there were too many differences between christian denominations who wanted the freedom to practice their own doctrine without government interference...or another denomination ruling them...

Exactly.

And for the morons out there: 'under god' and 'in god we trust' were recent additions and the religious-right and 'moral majority' sought to usurp the Republic, destroy liberty, and create a theocratic oligarchy during the rise of the neocons

[
Jesus commanded His followers to keep the commandments of Him and His Father

Including slaughtering all unbelievers, making a girl marry her rapist, committing genocide, slaughtering animals and sprinkling blood on themselves to make up for the aforementioned acts, engaging in the keeping of slaves, genital mutilation of their children, killing disobedient children, having lots of kids- a commandment Paul and Jesus clearly violated, the first commandment of all- iconography and all those graven images Christians love to adorn their churches with and wear around their necks...

Get off it. You religion's a joke and you can claim no moral superiority to anyone.

[
Jesus commanded His followers to keep the commandments of Him and His Father

Including slaughtering all unbelievers, making a girl marry her rapist, committing genocide, slaughtering animals and sprinkling blood on themselves to make up for the aforementioned acts, engaging in the keeping of slaves, genital mutilation of their children, killing disobedient children, having lots of kids- a commandment Paul and Jesus clearly violated, the first commandment of all- iconography and all those graven images Christians love to adorn their churches with and wear around their necks...

Get off it. You religion's a joke and you can claim no moral superiority to anyone.

Jesus never commanded His followers to do any such things and anyone who does those things is *NOT* a Christian but a follower of Satan and his path of destruction.

Jesus never commanded His followers to do any such things and anyone who does those things is *NOT* a Christian but a follower of Satan and his path of destruction.

You are a liar! You said 'Jesus taught His followers to follow the Word of God'- now you're saying he did not?! Which is it, you self-contradicting fool?

Matthew 15: 7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mark 7:5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?

6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me.

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

You are a liar! You said 'Jesus taught His followers to follow the Word of God'- now you're saying he did not?! Which is it, you self-contradicting fool?

Those thing you mentioned are not the Word of God.

You don't speak for God , Charlies.

Let me tell you something...I'm about to play the christian card on you just like you're trying to play it on everybody on this board.

You think YOU'RE a fanatic for God?

Paal, you don't know what fanatic really is.

You sir, are an affront to the baby Jesus.

You will burn in hell for it, too.

You work for the Prince of Lies.

Last edited:

:lol:

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood.(Jeremiah 48:10

The men of Israel withdrew through the territory of the Benjaminites, putting to the sword the inhabitants of the city, the livestock, and all they chanced upon. Moreover they destroyed by fire all the cities they came upon.(Judges 20:48 NAB)

ALL CITIES THEY DESTROYED

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.(Isaiah 13:15-18

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted.(Leviticus 26:21-22

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7

"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.(Jeremiah 51:20-26)

(Note that after God promises the Israelites a victory against Babylon, the Israelites actually get their butts kicked by them in the next chapter. So much for an all-knowing and all-powerful God.)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.(2 Chronicles 15:12-13

"And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God..." (Deuteronomy 13: 5)

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;" (Deuteronomy 13: 6)

"Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people." (Deuteronomy 13:8-9)

"Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword." (Deuteronomy 13:15)

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." (I Samuel 15:2-3)

"And he brought forth the people that were therein, and put them under saws, and under harrows of iron, and under the axes of iron, and made them pass through the brickkiln: and thus did he unto all the cities of the children of Ammon. So David and all the people returned unto Jerusalem." (II Samuel 12:31)

"Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." (Numbers 31:16-18)

:eek:

"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." (Isaiah 13:15-16)

"And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and woman: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house." (Ezekiel 9:5-6)

"And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword." (Joshua 6:21)

"The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance. He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked." (Psalms 58:10)

nice god you have there.. very loving...

Deuteronomy 22:23-24
If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of the city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you. (Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of the city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.)

If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days. ( - Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

she must marry her rapist...

If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl's virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father's house. You must purge the evil from among you (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)

For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring (Genesis 17:12)

You don't speak for God , Charlies.

Let me tell you something...I'm about to play the christian card on you just like you're trying to play it on everybody on this board.

You think YOU'RE a fanatic for God?

Paal, you don't know what fanatic really is.

You sir, are an affront to the baby Jesus.

You will burn in hell for it, too.

You work for the Prince of Lies.

Thou shalt *NOT* get another response to your posts until you answer the points put forth by the Bass in his original reply to you, keep personally attacking and accusing the Bass of hate and intolerance, its the liberal way of rejecting the Word of God without explicitly stating it, the Bass understands.

Shall I continue?

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life...
( Leviticus 25:44-46 )

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property. (Exodus 21:20-21)

When the LORD your God delivers it [the city] into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder [slaves] for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies (
- Deuteronomy 20:13-14 )

"You who are slaves must accept the authority of your masters. Do whatever they tell you — not only if they are kind and reasonable, but even if they are harsh." (1 Peter 2:18 )

Proverbs 20:30
Blows and wounds cleanse away evil, and beatings purge the inmost being.

That's right.. beat your kids to salvation!

More here

Jesus was fulfillment of the Word, and because of that certain laws became obsolete.

Not all. The bible is very specific that when he comes next time there will be war. I don't think there can be war without killing.

Shall I continue?

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life...
( Leviticus 25:44-46 )

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property. (Exodus 21:20-21)

When the LORD your God delivers it [the city] into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder [slaves] for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies (
- Deuteronomy 20:13-14 )

"You who are slaves must accept the authority of your masters. Do whatever they tell you — not only if they are kind and reasonable, but even if they are harsh." (1 Peter 2:18 )

Proverbs 20:30
Blows and wounds cleanse away evil, and beatings purge the inmost being.

That's right.. beat your kids to salvation!

More here

First part of what you wrote was Old Testament law, which Christians don't have to observe, the second part shows your misunderstanding of the Word.

Just figured it out........Charles Bass is a trolling prick as reflected in his name.

Shoulda signed on as Charlie the Tuna Chucked Ass........it would have been more apt.

BTW......what is your opinion of the Jews? Do you follow them as well (after all, they DID write the first part of the Bible), or do you discount them?

If you discount them, you're a hypocrite.

Just figured it out........Charles Bass is a trolling prick as reflected in his name.

Shoulda signed on as Charlie the Tuna Chucked Ass........it would have been more apt.

BTW......what is your opinion of the Jews? Do you follow them as well (after all, they DID write the first part of the Bible), or do you discount them?

If you discount them, you're a hypocrite.

Jewish law does not apply to Christians and they have no special relationship with God eventhough the promise was first offered to them.

You are just another low IQ ex-squid savage, who spends 20 years in the military to retire to become a bartender?

Really? Does that mean that God broke His original covenant with the Jews?

You may wish to re-think that stance dipstick.......Yeshua was a Jew, and the reason He was in Jerusalem is because He was a good Jewish boy who was there to observe Passover. He was also a tzadik, as well as considered to be one of the greater rabbis.

Oh yeah........in the beginning of Christianity? The disciples had quite a few discussions as to whether or not they were going to make the Gentiles convert.

Remember, Yeshua stated that He didn't come to change the law, but rather to expand upon it.

Try again Chucking Ass.....you're looking stupider all the time.

Forum List

Back