Are You Better or Worse (Economically) Now Than YOU Were 3 Years Ago ?

Tell me how I am not better off economically than I was at the start of 2021.

Ok.

1717764994859.png

2019 vs. 2024: Homes are harder to find, and even harder to afford

1717765376541.png

1717765490340.png

1717765696366.png

1717765782944.png

1717765938872.png

Do you think the added food cost for a couple adds up to more than 93K?

I had a house built in 2022, will live here till we retire and sell it. So that does not impact me at all.

Our home insurance has not gone up since we moved in. USAA is not known for fleecing its members.

I am a retired Marine, I have TriCare and pay 60 bucks a month for family coverage, with my son still on our policy while he is in school.

Do not need a new car, the two we have will last us till we retire and then will not be needed.

What else do you have?

Do you think the added food cost for a couple adds up to more than 93K?

I had a house built in 2022, will live here till we retire and sell it. So that does not impact me at all.

Our home insurance has not gone up since we moved in. USAA is not known for fleecing its members.

I am a retired Marine, I have TriCare and pay 60 bucks a month for family coverage, with my son still on our policy while he is in school.

Do not need a new car, the two we have will last us till we retire and then will not be needed.

What else do you have?

Typical eletist attitude: "I gots me mine and fuck everyone else", right?

Typical eletist attitude: "I gots me mine and fuck everyone else", right?

well the question you tried to answer was "Tell me how I am not better off economically than I was at the start of 2021."

and you failed in your weak ass attempt.

But that aside, yeah fuck everyone else. If they want to keep voting for the duopoly they get what they deserve.

No better, no worse.

And with the exception of Nixon and the Draft, there hasn't been a president in my life that's had more than a minor impact (either way) on my life.

Let’s see my company is making record profits and paying record bonuses. Yep. All good.
I don't believe it. Businesses all over the country are getting killed from rent increases taking away their sale $$, but you're at record profits, huh ? :right:

Agreed, he should have bought before the Biden administration turned the American dream from home ownership to life in a tent or a car.
And turned the idea of buying a guitar, a piano, and a violin, to handing it all over to the landlord and the gas station.

Consumer prices pushed up mostly by corporate profits,

Mar 28, 2024 — Adjusted profits after taxes hit a record high of $2.8 trillion, beating the record of $2.7 trillion in the third quarter of 2022. Profits ...
But teabaggers blame Biden.
Nice try, In the meantime we all know that Biden repeatedly cancelled oil leases/drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska. We all know that less supply = higher prices. In this case we've seen MUCH higher prices (like 100+% inflation).

And the manufacturers ? They're just going to sit there and do nothing, while their transport costs just doubled ? There's your inflation.
Corporate profits, my ass. :rolleyes:

/——/ I’m retired, debt free, my SS and a small pension covers my comfortable living expenses.
I earn a good living trading stock options. That being said, 2022 and 2023 were net losses in the market, but I’ve regained in back and then some. Prices are much higher so I’m always price shopping. I’m more fortunate than many.
Interesting. 😐

As a middle-class retired person, I am in about the same financial condition I was when Trump left office, ignoring the Covid bullshit. Inflation has increased my cost of living quite a bit, but that's only because I choose to spend a lot on personal gratification.

OTOH, I am convinced that Joe Biden is trying to create a legacy for himself by destroying the country, and that makes me sad because so many Americans are blind to it. The only good thing is that I am isolated enough and old enough that it won't harm me personally.
They said the same stupid shit in 1970-1980s. Supposedly we were done then.

Forum List

Back