Are You Better or Worse (Economically) Now Than YOU Were 3 Years Ago ?

Let’s see my company is making record profits and paying record bonuses. Yep. All good.

Consumer prices pushed up mostly by corporate profits, ...​

1717756113977.png
Fortune
https://fortune.com › 2024/01/20 › inflation-greedflation...

Jan 20, 2024 — Corporate profits drove 53% of inflation during the second and third quarters of 2023 and more than one-third since the start of the pandemic, ...

Corporate profits hit record high as economy boomed in ...​

1717756160240.png
The Hill
https://thehill.com › business › 4561631-corporate-hit-r...

Mar 28, 2024 — Adjusted profits after taxes hit a record high of $2.8 trillion, beating the record of $2.7 trillion in the third quarter of 2022. Profits ...

But teabaggers blame Biden.

Then when he does do something to lower prices...........Prescription drugs...........
Teabaggers want to repeal it.

House Republicans Use a Big Lie to Stand Up for ...​

1717756473921.png
Rolling Stone
https://www.rollingstone.com › politics › politics-features

Mar 31, 2024 — Republicans rely on the wrong data to try to justify repealing Biden's Medicare drug negotiation plan.

I'm riding the crest of an artificially created wave of disparity

Same as the one that crashed in '08

~S~

Just compare your 2021 net income vs expenses, with your 2024 net income vs expenses.

There could be a variety of answers to this, but I'm guessing a lot of people will say that they are worse off now, because their incomes haven't risen too much, but their living costs have gone up enormously. Purchasing power has decreased significantly for a lot of folks. 😐
/——/ I’m retired, debt free, my SS and a small pension covers my comfortable living expenses.
I earn a good living trading stock options. That being said, 2022 and 2023 were net losses in the market, but I’ve regained in back and then some. Prices are much higher so I’m always price shopping. I’m more fortunate than many.

Consumer prices pushed up mostly by corporate profits, ...

View attachment 958713
Fortune
https://fortune.com › 2024/01/20 › inflation-greedflation...
Jan 20, 2024 — Corporate profits drove 53% of inflation during the second and third quarters of 2023 and more than one-third since the start of the pandemic, ...

Corporate profits hit record high as economy boomed in ...

View attachment 958715
The Hill
https://thehill.com › business › 4561631-corporate-hit-r...
Mar 28, 2024 — Adjusted profits after taxes hit a record high of $2.8 trillion, beating the record of $2.7 trillion in the third quarter of 2022. Profits ...

But teabaggers blame Biden.

Then when he does do something to lower prices...........Prescription drugs...........
Teabaggers want to repeal it.

House Republicans Use a Big Lie to Stand Up for ...

View attachment 958716
Rolling Stone
https://www.rollingstone.com › politics › politics-features
Mar 31, 2024 — Republicans rely on the wrong data to try to justify repealing Biden's Medicare drug negotiation plan.

Right, that's how it's always explained by the Marxist Democrats: "The reason everything is so high now is because of evil Republican capitalist corporations ripping us off."

Except we now how Democrats in charge of the country and everything is priced higher.

So why wasn't everything so high when those "evil Republican capitalist corporations" were in charge of the country, back when Trump was President?

Just compare your 2021 net income vs expenses, with your 2024 net income vs expenses.

There could be a variety of answers to this, but I'm guessing a lot of people will say that they are worse off now, because their incomes haven't risen too much, but their living costs have gone up enormously. Purchasing power has decreased significantly for a lot of folks. 😐
My income increased four fold from 2021 to 2024.

Right, that's how it's always explained by the Marxist Democrats: "The reason everything is so high now is because of evil Republican capitalist corporations ripping us off."

Except we now how Democrats in charge of the country and everything is priced higher.

So why wasn't everything so high when those "evil Republican capitalist corporations" were in charge of the country, back when Trump was President?
Prices were higher in 2020 than 2019

Especially.........Your dear leader.

Donald Trump sells pieces of suit worn during Georgia ...​

1717761149156.png
New York Daily News
https://www.nydailynews.com › 2023/12/12 › donald-tr...

Dec 12, 2023 — Donald Trump is selling pieces of the suit he wore for his August mugshot taken in a Fulton County, Ga., jailhouse.

Trump Sells a New Image as the Hero of $99 Trading Cards​

1717761106949.png
The New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com › U.S. › Politics

Dec 15, 2022 — Money from sales of the digital trading cards, which depict the former president as characters like a superhero and a “Top Gun”-style ...

Trump hosts dinner for those who bought his NFTs on day ...​

1717761248415.png
The Independent
https://www.independent.co.uk › ... › US politics

May 9, 2024 — Donald Trump claims that he made 'NFTs hot again'

The evening was due to be graced with supporters who purchased at least 47 Trump NFTs.

His website also stated when the NFT cards went on sale in April, that if a person buys 47 digital cards–spending around $4,653-they can get a ticket to a gala dinner with the former president at his Mar-a-Lago residence.

Priced at $99 each, some cards were “one-of-ones (the only one in the world)”, while others were hand-signed by Mr Trump, the website claims.

SUCKERS.

We didn't have disruptions in the supply chain.

Attachments

• 1717761270748.png
    1717761270748.png
    506 bytes · Views: 2
  • 1717761255342.png
    1717761255342.png
    506 bytes · Views: 2
You like mowing grass, fixing window screens, doing plumbing, buying new air conditioners and refrigerators ? I don't. Especially at retirement age.
My house is paid for. I pay insurance twice a year and taxes once. No monthly housing expense. I save enough to pay someone to mow the lawn and do the plumbing.

As a middle-class retired person, I am in about the same financial condition I was when Trump left office, ignoring the Covid bullshit. Inflation has increased my cost of living quite a bit, but that's only because I choose to spend a lot on personal gratification.

OTOH, I am convinced that Joe Biden is trying to create a legacy for himself by destroying the country, and that makes me sad because so many Americans are blind to it. The only good thing is that I am isolated enough and old enough that it won't harm me personally.

Do you have some special stores or gas stations where you're paying less than everyone else?

You should share their locations with us.
Nope, why?

Are you having a rough time affording gas and merchandise?

Gas is down here, BTW

Isn't it AMAZING! Every single progressive on this board is claiming that they're better off now with their finances than they were 3 years ago despite nearly 20% inflation and interest rates through the roof!

You guys can't admit the obvious...can you? Too funny...

Prices of homes have escalated a lot too. 100% in the Tampa, FL area since 2021. Ex. From $200K to $400K
So, you are in love with Tampa/St Pete area, but cannot afford to be a property owner.
I am not impressed. I could not afford to buy down there either, though I could get the loan. Getting loan (as we saw during the crash of 08/09 doesn't mean much, except a bank will make money for a little while, even if prospect being able to keep making payment is low, then the bank gets the property. We vacation in Florida, leasing beach homes. Nice place to visit, but for us, it's similar to Hawaii, one needing to bring lots of short term money and now planning to stay long. It does not sound like you are the type of resident, they are trying to attract. If you still or ever did have anything useful to offer, in the way of skills, education, abilities, training or talents, perhaps you should consider some other part of the country. Not everyone can afford Tampa/St Pete area. That is just the way it is.

Isn't it AMAZING! Every single progressive on this board is claiming that they're better off now with their finances than they were 3 years ago despite nearly 20% inflation and interest rates through the roof!

You guys can't admit the obvious...can you? Too funny...

So far I have only seen one person on this forum of any political point of view say they were suffering due to the economy.

But that aside, between my wife and I, our income for 2023 was $93,412 more than it was in 2020.

Our housing cost are down because we moved in 2020 and bought a brand new, yet smaller house. Our utilities are about the same as the new house is more efficient.

I no longer drive 70 mile round trip to work and back 5 days a week, so even with the increase in gas prices I am spending less than at the start of 2020.

Tell me how I am not better off economically than I was at the start of 2021.

Forum List

Back