Are You Old?

Three TV networks. Sometimes you could get a UHF channel if you jiggled the antenna just right.

Pull tabs on soda and beer cans. Or else you had to use one of those triangular can opener things.

I want to buy the world a Coke and keep it company...
Those were called church keys. You had to have one to drink beer when I started drinking.

The Monkees.

The Beverly Hillbillies.

The Brady Bunch.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

I remember in the 1960's when I was 7 0r 8 going to the store for my father to purchase cigarettes. About 20 cents a pack or 3 for a nickel in singles. The ten pack cartons had pictures of Santa on them with Holiday Greetings as a gift.

I remember Doo Dads snack mix, marshmallow ice cream cones, penny and nickel candy, washing my father's step side Chevy in the creek, seeing Star Wars (the original) in the theater, and Ma and Pa department stores.

I loved the 2 cent pieces of bubble gum.
I'd buy 2 bucks worth and bring em to school. Of course the teacher would say if you didnt bring enough for everyone you need to spit it out.
....I proceed to whip out my huge bag of bubble gum.
I remember when Bazooka bubblegum had comic strips in them.

I remember Doo Dads snack mix, marshmallow ice cream cones, penny and nickel candy, washing my father's step side Chevy in the creek, seeing Star Wars (the original) in the theater, and Ma and Pa department stores.
Blue plate special at Woolworth's!
And candy cigarettes.

I'd buy 2 bucks worth and bring em to school. Of course the teacher would say if you didnt bring enough for everyone you need to spit it out.
I wonder if Bazooka still has a little comic inside.

I remember in the 1960's when I was 7 0r 8 going to the store for my father to purchase cigarettes. About 20 cents a pack or 3 for a nickel in singles. The ten pack cartons had pictures of Santa on them with Holiday Greetings as a gift.
Yeah, a kid could go unattended to the corner store and buy beer and cigs. "For my dad."

Camel non-filter. My dad was a three pack a day man.

Remember dime pay toilets?

Remember 45 records? Do you remember what the 45 means?

Did you buy soda for a nickel?

Did you pay double-digit/gallon for gas?

Remember Jarts with the sharp metal tips?

Remember the Tonka dump truck an elephant could step on?

"I bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and...." complete the sentence.
Yes to all of it. As a kid in high school we chipped in our pocket change to buy gas to go cruising. I think it was about 20 cents a gallon then.
During January 1971 while driving from Georgia to California I bought major brand gasoline for 25.9 cents/gallon. In the late 1960s I bought Winstons for $0.25 a pack.

I remember that. Wasnt that the gum you chewed when you wanted to crack your teeth?

It was a HUGE deal when we got a color tv. All my friends came over to see. Everyone was more orange than trump, but hey..

Three TV networks. Sometimes you could get a UHF channel if you jiggled the antenna just right.

Pull tabs on soda and beer cans. Or else you had to use one of those triangular can opener things.

I want to buy the world a Coke and keep it company...
Our first TV didn't have a uhf tuner. Those came out later and the first ones didn't even have detented click stops at the channels they tuned continuously with a dial.

I remember that. Wasnt that the gum you chewed when you wanted to crack your teeth?
Nah. It was soft and had a split in the middle so you could share.

Bench seats in cars. So your gal could sit next to you while you drove. Without seat belts.

I still remember how pissed we all were when those annoying buzzers for seatbelts were put in cars.

Three on the tree...

"Driving" the car sitting your dad's lap...

Riding in the bed of a pickup truck...

Not having to wear seat belts...

Drive-in movies...

Jiffy Pop popcorn. You had to shake and shake and shake it over the stove burner.

They still make that stuff. I bought one recently to show my kids how modern we were before the age of the microwave oven.

Forum List

Back