Are You Old?

Bench seats in cars. So your gal could sit next to you while you drove. Without seat belts.

I still remember how pissed we all were when those annoying buzzers for seatbelts were put in cars.

We'd go to the junkyard and cut a seat belt clip off a junker. Problem solved.
Then of course we finally figured out how to disconnect em.

Bench seats in cars. So your gal could sit next to you while you drove. Without seat belts.

I still remember how pissed we all were when those annoying buzzers for seatbelts were put in cars.

I absolutely hate bench seats!!!
If you're not strapped in you can easily slide out of the drivers seat in a hard left turn.
Yeah, that vinyl was pretty slick.

There's another thing you don't see much any more. Guys going to junkyards to get parts for their cars.

Never heard of Enjoli. Gas was .39 a gallon at the first self service gas station in town, which I worked at. McDonald's clone Carrolls sold hamburgers for .19

MOTHER, PLEASE!!!! Excedrin Headache #17.

There's another thing you don't see much any more. Guys going to junkyards to get parts for their cars.

Thats was my auto parts store for a long time.

Remember dime pay toilets?

Remember 45 records? Do you remember what the 45 means?

Did you buy soda for a nickel?

Did you pay double-digit/gallon for gas?

Remember Jarts with the sharp metal tips?

Remember the Tonka dump truck an elephant could step on?

"I bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and...." complete the sentence.

Shit, I was still paying $0.65 a gallon for gas in Georgia in 1999, so it was awhile back but not that long ago that I remember when Elvis died on the toilet...

I have never understood why they shrank the tire iron. You still need the same leverage to take off the lug nuts. With these puny pieces of shit nowadays, you have to stomp on the damn thing with your foot, or heave the shit out of your body.

I need to get me one of the old style.

Never heard of Enjoli. Gas was .39 a gallon at the first self service gas station in town, which I worked at. McDonald's clone Carrolls sold hamburgers for .19

I remember my grandmother going to McDonalds on Tuesday(?) for 29 cent hamburgers. She would freeze them and that was Friday nights dinner. She would cut up fresh lettuce, onion and tomato from the garden.

I remember Doo Dads snack mix, marshmallow ice cream cones, penny and nickel candy, washing my father's step side Chevy in the creek, seeing Star Wars (the original) in the theater, and Ma and Pa department stores.

I remember my grandmother going to McDonalds on Tuesday(?) for 29 cent hamburgers. She would freeze them and that was Friday nights dinner. She would cut up fresh lettuce, onion and tomato from the garden.
I remember the McDonald's ad where the guy orders a burger, fries, and a Coke and gets change back for a dollar.

Remember dime pay toilets?

Remember 45 records? Do you remember what the 45 means?

Did you buy soda for a nickel?

Did you pay double-digit/gallon for gas?

Remember Jarts with the sharp metal tips?

Remember the Tonka dump truck an elephant could step on?

"I bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and...." complete the sentence.
Yes to all of it. As a kid in high school we chipped in our pocket change to buy gas to go cruising. I think it was about 20 cents a gallon then.

I remember Doo Dads snack mix, marshmallow ice cream cones, penny and nickel candy, washing my father's step side Chevy in the creek, seeing Star Wars (the original) in the theater, and Ma and Pa department stores.

I loved the 2 cent pieces of bubble gum.
I'd buy 2 bucks worth and bring em to school. Of course the teacher would say if you didnt bring enough for everyone you need to spit it out.
....I proceed to whip out my huge bag of bubble gum.

Forum List

Back