Are you one of the 53%

you know... i have to hand it to the rightwingnuts. no matter what reality is, they manage to start a rightwingnut PR campaign.

but then again, what can you expect from the guy who edits "redstates", that loony bin.

53 percenter?? :cuckoo:

Gotta hate that 'freedom of speech' thing, huh mo chara?

Defend it from one side, slam it from the other. Such hypocrisy. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

that certainly depends on where ya live though...in NYC as example, or any major city, below a million would be middle class...

at the high end, it would be upper middle class....

In a place like where I live in Maine, a million bucks a year is super duper wealthy! :D

Exactly. Where i live... a million a year puts you solid in the middle of the middle class. The problem i have is that they are starting the "tax the rich" and "paying your fair share" at 250K.

$1 million/year is not middle class . . . anywhere on this Earth.

Just idiotic.

Got that right.

you know... i have to hand it to the rightwingnuts. no matter what reality is, they manage to start a rightwingnut PR campaign.

but then again, what can you expect from the guy who edits "redstates", that loony bin.

The left only believes in freedom of speech as long as it is there speech. They're the true dictators of society. Poor or Rich...Freedom of speech needs to be protected.

Last edited:
Not recently, no.

Maybe in 2012.

I don't get ETA, though.

Like so many rich folks, most of my income is not taxable.

So that means that only about 25% of my income pays taxes, fees and whatnot that keep the various governments that lord over me going.

I don't see where in Jillians post where she tried to prevent someone from speaking. Freedom of Speech does not protect you from criticism of what you say

Show me proof that it created 2-3 million jobs then.

Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs - USATODAY.com

Let's say it did create 2 to 3 millions jobs (which it did not). Do you realize that's nearly $350,000.00 per job?

Yep. Don't blame me, I didn't design the fucker. If I had, it would have been both more efficient (more public works, less tax cuts) and several times bigger, and we wouldn't be in this mess. The very fact that it was designed to create 2-3 million jobs when we needed 10-12 million is an indictment all by itself.

Obama has been a real disappointment. Nevertheless, to say that the stimulus "didn't work at all" is counterfactual. It did. And to use its inadequacies (which I acknowledge) as an argument against the idea of government stimulus is not just illogical but economically illiterate, indeed almost economically brain-dead.

But we cant prove it or measure it.

Too frightened to look at net payroll numbers?

Propaganda is kinda what they do. They've become quite proficient at appealing to the triune brain of a largess of people willing and able to ignore the rest of their brains.

well, I knew a hell of a lot of people getting this earned income and getting 6K checks and paid nothing while we paid.

FYI
it is an EARNED income credit. Those people getting this $6k back at the end of the tax year can ONLY get back, federal taxes that they have paid in payroll taxes....not a dime more, is my understanding of the EIC.

so, they are not taking your tax monies, but given a break on their own taxes due.

What are you talking about? Do you make over $1 million per year? If not, you are not part of the group that is not paying their fair share. No one is asking you or anyone else who posts on this site to pay anymore in taxes. Do you think that kissing the ass of the rich somehow makes you one of them?? hahahaha.

Horseshit. Whenever libturds talk about raising taxes on millionaires and billionaires, they're actually talking about raising taxes on couples that earn over $250,000, and they are usually small business owners.

Only morons are swallowing the "paying their fair share" scam.

well, I knew a hell of a lot of people getting this earned income and getting 6K checks and paid nothing while we paid.

FYI
it is an EARNED income credit. Those people getting this $6k back at the end of the tax year can ONLY get back, federal taxes that they have paid in payroll taxes....not a dime more, is my understanding of the EIC.

so, they are not taking your tax monies, but given a break on their own taxes due.

there are other programs that allow it.

Duaghter in law paid in approx 900 got back 3500

Youngest son, paid in approx 1500 got back 2800

Horseshit. Whenever libturds talk about raising taxes on millionaires and billionaires, they're actually talking about raising taxes on couples that earn over $250,000

I don't know about "libturds" because I don't even know what that means, but the Senate's recent tax-increase proposal is for a surtax on incomes above a million dollars.

and they are usually small business owners.

True but misleading. This statistic is trotted out to give the false impression that most small business owners make over $250,000. That's not true. Most people who make over $250k are small business owners, but the great majority of small business owners make much less than that. A small business owner who makes more than $250k is a very successful small business owner who can well afford a higher tax bill -- almost a big business owner in fact. We're not talking about a mom & pop store here.

What are you talking about? Do you make over $1 million per year? If not, you are not part of the group that is not paying their fair share. No one is asking you or anyone else who posts on this site to pay anymore in taxes. Do you think that kissing the ass of the rich somehow makes you one of them?? hahahaha.

Horseshit. Whenever libturds talk about raising taxes on millionaires and billionaires, they're actually talking about raising taxes on couples that earn over $250,000, and they are usually small business owners.

Only morons are swallowing the "paying their fair share" scam.

It was conservatives who created the upper tax bracket and started it at $250k. All in the interest of "simplifying" the tax code. What they did was lumped billionaires with those making $250 k so that now they could complain about the plight of the poor guy making $250 k while they protect billionaires from tax increases

true, the most recent proposals have been for income OVER a million dollars being taxed slightly more, not the above $250k anymore.

FYI

there are other programs that allow it.

Duaghter in law paid in approx 900 got back 3500

Youngest son, paid in approx 1500 got back 2800
do you know what tax breaks and credits they took to allow that?

I am curious....

I know we got a credit for putting money in to our 401k for the past 2 years, which shocked me...but i guess that was part of the stimulus package???

I don't see where in Jillians post where she tried to prevent someone from speaking. Freedom of Speech does not protect you from criticism of what you say

Those who slammed the TEA Partiers are those celebrating OWS protests. The TEA were accused of all kinds of bullshit... racism, violence, all kinds of crap.... and even when it was proved beyond doubt to be bullshit... they still continued. And yet, now, those self same posters are butthurt that these protesters are not being 'understood'.

FYI

You're wrong, we had this conversation in another thread. You can get back much more than you paid in, if you have children.

Way above what is deducted for federal withholding and SS taxes. ;)

Forum List

Back