Are you one of the 53%

Im still looking for the 47% of posters on this board who do not pay taxes

Come on boys...fess up

First, I pay federal income tax.

I must say it is not as much as I would have expected to pay at this point in my life, but that is a different story.

I don't think you will see many of that 47% on this board. The ones I know seem to live in a different world. Unfortunately, many of them (while they pay no federal income tax) do pay other taxes and see themselves as marginalized in our society.

I think they should pay a minimum of 2%. They should have some skin in the game and become more interested in what their money is being utilized for.

They have it. What they don't have is any hope that anyone is listening to them. I sometimes feel the same way.

I don't blame the rich. I blame us. We are more populace than the rich and the only reason the rich control things is because we allow it (and control means influence.....we voted for President Obama just like we voted for George Bush).

At least on the internet, conservatives admit that they want to raise taxes on the poor and cut taxes for the rich.

The politicians they support, in their hopes of getting this accomplished, aren't generally that frank about it.

It's sad when Republicans refer to half of America as "debris". They actually believe one out of two Americans just "live it up" from government money. Sad.

Sorry, did I miss something.

I didn't see the word debris used anywhere in this thread up to this point.

Is there a reason you do this kind of thing ?
No. You didn't miss a thing. That's just deanie-do.

We have fun with his posts, though, for the reasons you just noticed. ;)

well, I knew a hell of a lot of people getting this earned income and getting 6K checks and paid nothing while we paid.

FYI
it is an EARNED income credit. Those people getting this $6k back at the end of the tax year can ONLY get back, federal taxes that they have paid in payroll taxes....not a dime more, is my understanding of the EIC.

so, they are not taking your tax monies, but given a break on their own taxes due.

You're wrong, we had this conversation in another thread. You can get back much more than you paid in, if you have children.

Way above what is deducted for federal withholding and SS taxes. ;)
well NG, she said EIC, earned income credit.....

the child tax credit, is it a separate check of $1000 for each child no matter what taxes have been paid or are due? Or is the $1000 taken off of the money they paid, in income taxes?

My husband and I were never blessed with children, so I am clueless on the child tax deductions/credits/exemptions stuff....

Letting the Bush tax cuts expire would have gone a long way to reducing the number of households that pay no federal income taxes.

Where were you people then?

FYI
it is an EARNED income credit. Those people getting this $6k back at the end of the tax year can ONLY get back, federal taxes that they have paid in payroll taxes....not a dime more, is my understanding of the EIC.

so, they are not taking your tax monies, but given a break on their own taxes due.

You're wrong, we had this conversation in another thread. You can get back much more than you paid in, if you have children.

the child tax credit, is it a separate check of $1000 for each child no matter what taxes have been paid or are due? Or is the $1000 taken off of the money they paid, in income taxes?

My husband and I were never blessed with children, so I am clueless on the child tax deductions/credits/exemptions stuff....

The child tax credit comes right off your tax bill. AFTER you've calculated your tax from the Tax Tables, the credits you are eligible for are subtracted from that number.

FYI

I have a friend who manages a McDonalds . She has a young girl working for her. This young girl has two kids. Single mom. According to what she told my friend Maureen. She loves tax time. She told Maureen she got back of 6 grand last year.

Now anyone with half a brain know this kid didn't pay much if anything in Fed taxes yet she got back over 6 grand.

That six grand was earned by someone else but I'll bet this little chicky poo could care less who earned that money. You can bet she had a big smile on her face when that check arrived.

No matter how bad the economy is. The EBT cards will always have money in em. These folks won't have to worry about earning money because somebody else is earning it.

Letting the Bush tax cuts expire would have gone a long way to reducing the number of households that pay no federal income taxes.

Where were you people then?

They are only interested in raising taxes on the working poor. Why should the billionaires hae to suffer?

I have a friend who manages a McDonalds . She has a young girl working for her. This young girl has two kids. Single mom. According to what she told my friend Maureen. She loves tax time. She told Maureen she got back of 6 grand last year.

Now anyone with half a brain know this kid didn't pay much if anything in Fed taxes yet she got back over 6 grand.

That six grand was earned by someone else but I'll bet this little chicky poo could care less who earned that money. You can bet she had a big smile on her face when that check arrived.

No matter how bad the economy is. The EBT cards will always have money in em. These folks won't have to worry about earning money because somebody else is earning it.

Would you want to trade places with this single mom working at McDonalds?

I personally, don't believe the STORY. Call me a "Doubting Thomas" if you wish, but I don't buy in to the $6000 back at tax time, even as a single mother with 2 kids....

BTDT, crawled my way out. Nope never want to go back but it could happen. Oh and those tax credits didn't exist when my kids were young.

Nope. But I don't want to support her either.

:clap2: Nobody supported me and my kids but me!!!

I personally, don't believe the STORY. Call me a "Doubting Thomas" if you wish, but I don't buy in to the $6000 back at tax time, even as a single mother with 2 kids....

Well Care. I don't know this girl but I do know Maureen. Don't think she would like about it. Why would she?? Come to think of it wy would the girl liie?? No skin of her ass. She would be quite pleased to get 6 grand back.

I know someone that paid in 650.00 and got a $5,000.00 refund with one child. Don't believe it if you don't want but it happens everywhere.

Tax Credit is just that, a credit from taxes. It has nothing to do with what you paid in. Earned income tax credit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTDT, crawled my way out. Nope never want to go back but it could happen. Oh and those tax credits didn't exist when my kids were young.

NG your like my friend Margaret from Maine. He hubby, great upstanding guy, took off and left her to raise her two girls. Well Margaret had a good job but she knew she might need a little help. Went down to her social services office. Explained the situation and they told her she would have to quitt her job and go on Welfare.

Margaret pretty much told social services to kiss her ass.

Maragret worked two and three jobs and raised her girls ON HER OWN. Today both of her girls are college educated and doing well. Last I saw of Margaret she was doing quite well in NC.

It can be done. You and she are proof of that.

LOL, unemployed is a choice? Poor is a choice? Tell me why someone would CHOOSE to be unemployed or poor.

Use realistic examples and scenarios.
I know some people who chose to be unemployed because they feel they can make the same or better on assistance so why work if they can get free money:cuckoo:

I dont know a soul like you claim you know.

Where do you live ?

it must be a really horrible place
Georgia . Nuff said :razz: Also being a military wife I lived from PA,to New Orleans to VA, to FL, to Tx to Ga. so I have been too alot of places and know a lot of people

Last edited:
Yes, I pay taxes which means that I must be part of the 53%. Now here's the rub for you lefties: I'm sick and tired of paying and paying and paying so that people can get what they don't earn for free. There isn't a conservative on this board that doesn't believe that there shouldn't be a safety net. There should be programs for those who "cannot" work. That is a given and you will not find anyone who would disagree with that.

But here's the rub. A 19 year old girl goes and gets pregnant. She deserves "help", but she doesn't deserve a free ride. She doesn't deserve to sit at home and collect welfare, food stamps and a host of other things. She MUST work. I don't care if it is at McDonalds. The part here that most liberals don't understand is that when they sit at home and don't do anything, you begin a cycle of dependency that will surely envelope her child. And it never stops. She MUST work. Is it going to be tough? Oh yeah. It's going to be the hardest thing she ever did in her life. But life is hard. And it is unfair.

That's the way it goes...

NG your like my friend Margaret from Maine. He hubby, great upstanding guy, took off and left her to raise her two girls. Well Margaret had a good job but she knew she might need a little help. Went down to her social services office. Explained the situation and they told her she would have to quitt her job and go on Welfare.

Margaret pretty much told social services to kiss her ass.

Maragret worked two and three jobs and raised her girls ON HER OWN. Today both of her girls are college educated and doing well. Last I saw of Margaret she was doing quite well in NC.

It can be done. You and she are proof of that.

Thank you!! Yes it can be done. I am one of many that has actually lived the American Dream. Self sustaining through hard work over a long, long period.

I must say I did get some inspiration from my ex's parents, they were immigrants (Ellis Island) from Italy and made a good life for themselves in America, too bad their son didn't learn as much. lol

Forum List

Back