Are you supporting Kim Davis for defending her faith?

Do you support Kim Davis for standing up for her Christian faith?

• Yes

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters
Are you supporting Kim Davis for her faith and for defending the laws of Kentucky? For any who are not aware of who Kim Davis is, she is the clerk who was put in jail for refusing to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple. In the State of Kentucky marriage is between a man and a woman. Are you supporting Kim Davis for standing up for her faith in Jesus Christ? Yes or no?
She is neither defending Christianity nor the laws of Kentucky.

Her actions do not adhere to the basic tenets of Christianity. Her actions do, in fact, fly in the face of the Christian faith.

The law is that same sex marriage is legal. There is no refuting that.

So Ms. Davis' actions have nothing to do with Christianity nor adherence to the law. She is nothing more than a garden variety bigot and should be shamed as one, not celebrated or supported.

Are you supporting Kim Davis for her faith and for defending the laws of Kentucky? For any who are not aware of who Kim Davis is, she is the clerk who was put in jail for refusing to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple. In the State of Kentucky marriage is between a man and a woman. Are you supporting Kim Davis for standing up for her faith in Jesus Christ? Yes or no?
She's not standing up for her faith if she is denying heterosexual marriage licenses and making divorces legal.

She is not jailed for her beliefs, either. She is jailed for contempt of court. She could have avoided a contempt of court judgement if she resigned her elected post, like Sarah Palin did.

Judge Who Jails Kim Davis Claims Power Above God

Rowan County (KY) Clerk Kim Davis was jailed this morning by a federal judge who said that putting natural law about his authority would set a dangerous precedent.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. She’s an elected official, and can’t be fired except by voters in her county, so a federal judge had her thrown in jail today. I expected as much. Any true civil-disobedience act must come with the willingness to bear the legal consequences of your extra-legal behavior. Davis politely thanked the judge before being carted off to the clink.

If it were me, I also would have submitted to the governing authority, but not without a resounding “SAY WHAT, YOUR HONOR?!” after he said this…

“The idea of natural law superceding [sic] this court’s authority would be a dangerous precedent indeed,” U.S. District Judge David L. Bunning told Rowan County clerk Kim Davis.

Actually, your honor, the sovereignty of natural law over man-made authority is a founding principle — a starting point of the underlying political theory — of our constitutional republic. These United States separated from the British monarchy because we were entitled to by “the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God,” and not subservient to the alleged divine right of kings, nor to an imperious Parliament.

We ordained and established a Constitution of enumerated powers, not of general legislative authority, and “We, the People” gave Congress authority to legislate only within the powers granted in the Constitution. The rest belongs to the states, to the people and, obviously, to the great lawmaker and judge of us all.

Not only does natural law supersede the court’s authority, the judge’s authority is utterly dependent upon the existence of such a law, and — whether one wishes to acknowledge it or not — upon the authority of God.

This is not to say that each individual person may decide what natural law (or God’s law) shall be for the entire republic. But it certainly does not mean that a federal judge’s authority supersedes the law of God, or “natural law.”

A marriage license is required by the government for a couple to be legally married--not in the eyes of God--but in the eyes of the government.

It is my understanding the clerk is not required to marry anyone, only supply the license so that the government (not her, and not God) can call the union "legal." Issuing required paperwork is not putting a stamp of approval on what is done with the paperwork or what secular government does with it, any more than paying one's taxes puts one's stamp of approval on government waste.

If the clerk was required to perform or witness a same sex marriage, then I would be right there with her in civil disobedience. She just drew the line a bit sooner than I would have. For that I fault the government for redefining "marriage." As I understand it, the government of Kentucky could solve this by legislating that someone other than an elected official could issue marriage licenses. The Kentucky legislature doesn't meet again until January. Any reason why people can't wait until then for their same sex marriage license--or have it issued elsewhere?

Davis is not defending her religion. She is trying to force her religion on other people and using her status as a government agent to do it. She is violating the first amendment that forbids the government from establishing a state religion. As an agent of the government she is establishing, promoting and endorsing specified religious beliefs. She has taken an offensive position of attacking the constitution and everyone's right to religious freedom.

Wrong. It is an agenda to force Christians to comply with perverse laws passed by perverse men enforcing what God would never condone. It is an abomination unto God Almighty. That is what it is.
You don't speak for God. You can only speak to how you interpret the bible. People like you who pretend to speak for Jesus are what destroys Christianity. Your blasphemy and baring of false witness, your ignoring the holy words of not judging and your arrogant self righteousness causes good people to flee from you and others who speak with your self aggrandizing evilness. Those not fortunate enough to have alternate exposure to Christ may never know him because of you and your ignorant words. You and the Kim Davis's of the world drive people away from Christ. You are the false prophets he warned about.

I support Kim Davis 100% for standing up for her faith in Christ and for standing up for the Word of God.
I do to Jeri, people pay the tithes in various ways. She is paying hers and standing on her new found faith.
More ignorance of the law.
Look up the law on the books for marriage in the State of Kentucky, Clayton.
Read Article VI of the Constitution:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

And explain to us what it means.

She's just looking to make some coin just like most of these people who are "defending their faith". Start a gofundme and cry "help me defend my faith". Pat Robertson would approve

No, she is standing up for her faith and saying no to sin. That is what Kim Davis is doing. Even at the cost of being in jail.
When does she submit for her stoning as punishment for her adultery?

Address the question in the OP or don't, idb. Do you support Kim Davis for defending her faith or don't you?
I don't support her because her hypocrisy suggests that she has other motives.
She's not 'defending her faith'...she has other reasons for doing what she's doing.

There's a black lez judge in Texas who refused to marry anyone until she could many fags. She did that for three years. Why didn't a fed judge slap her ass in jail?

She's just looking to make some coin just like most of these people who are "defending their faith". Start a gofundme and cry "help me defend my faith". Pat Robertson would approve

No, she is standing up for her faith and saying no to sin. That is what Kim Davis is doing. Even at the cost of being in jail.

Address the question in the OP or don't, idb. Do you support Kim Davis for defending her faith or don't you?
She's not 'defending her faith'...she has other reasons for doing what she's doing.
And you know this because.................?

And you know this because.................?
Her hypocrisy betrays her.

I hope she rots there. Who the hell is she to tell others how to live? She's an attention whore, who wants her 15 minutes of fame.

davis-timeline.jpg

Was she married to a carpet muncher in this group, or all men?...What does divorce have to do with it, if she supposedly "Came To GOD" after these things happened?

Her actions do not adhere to the basic tenets of Christianity. Her actions do, in fact, fly in the face of the Christian faith.

So Ms. Davis' actions have nothing to do with Christianity nor adherence to the law. She is nothing more than a garden variety bigot and should be shamed as one, not celebrated or supported.
And you can back that chiberish with some non chiberish? She most certianly is standing on her Christian faith.

Yo, the Democrat lady should change Parties, she would make a Great Ted Cruz Supporter! The Supreme Court Broke The Law Of The Land, by not going by the Constitution! We have five people who think they are GOD, and they are making Law! Telling 318.9 million people to do what they say? Five people mine you? They are following the "Devil" down the wrong road, they will pay their true dues soon!

"GTP"
Dictator_Frame1.jpg

The law is also you don't riot and burn down your town, but THUG Ni66ers do it all the time! And 90% or better of the time, DON'T get put in jail for far worse crimes than NOT giving out a marriage cert.

Yo, the Democrat lady should change Parties, she would make a Great Ted Cruz Supporter! The Supreme Court Broke The Law Of The Land, by not going by the Constitution! We have five people who think they are GOD, and they are making Law! Telling 318.9 million people to do what they say? Five people mine you? They are following the "Devil" down the wrong road, they will pay their true dues soon!

"GTP"
View attachment 49557
This is possibly the most reasoned statement you've ever made.

And you can back that chiberish with some non chiberish? She most certianly is standing on her Christian faith.

Yes, she is!

Forum List

Back