Are you supporting Kim Davis for defending her faith?

Do you support Kim Davis for standing up for her Christian faith?

• Yes

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters
Kim Davis is guilty of persecuting homosexuals. She deserves what she's getting.
And if it were a homosexual and a horse demanding a marriage license would the clerk still be persecuting someone? In your eyes? Do you see the slippery slope you are on right now?
Moron.

Marriage is a state sanctioned contract between two consenting adults. This contract establishes a next of kin relationship where no such relationship previously existed. This contract melds the fortunes of two people into a new legal entity, the entity established between two individuals.

That idiotic straw an argument you proffered betrays a lack of knowledge and a mind too susceptible to stupidity and hyperbole.

Yo, if you are a fag? Fine! Just keep your abnormal activity behind closed doors! There are children all over the place! You know the Democrat saying? It`s about the children? Or is that phony too!

"GTP"
View attachment 49558
I am a happily married straight man. Do you actually believe that homosexuals have exclusive ownership of lewd and lacivious behavior, or are you really that stupid. I'll have to wait for an answer because you haven't shown any evidence to disprove the stupid.

If Kim Davis is in jail for ‘not doing her job,’ then she needs to be released immediately

Canada Free Press ^ | 09/07/15 | Dan Calabrese
Because that's not against the law. As Christians rise up against the jailing of Kim Davis, citing it as an example of persecution against someone engaging in the constitutionally protected free exercise of religion, a common retort from the secular left has been as follows: “She’s not in jail for exercising her religion. She’s in jail for not doing her job.” If that’s the case, she needs to be freed immediately. There is no statute in this country that makes it a criminal offense not to do your job, or to do your job poorly. If there was, Barack Obama...

I approve of Kim Davis's stand because she is obeying God's Laws. Her adultery and divorces have nothing to do with her stand.
False. She is not issuing licenses to heterosexual couples, either. That is a violation of her faith, to deny two people to be married legally in the sight of the Lord.

I approve of Kim Davis's stand because she is obeying God's Laws. Her adultery and divorces have nothing to do with her stand.
She's doing what she subjectively believes to be 'god's law,' absent any proof or evidence; where we know as a fact of law she's in violation of the Constitution, hence her being jailed of her own free will.

Moreover, the issue has nothing to do with Davis' faith, what she might perceive to be 'god's law,' or any aspect of 'religious liberty'; this is a matter completely devoid of religious conflict or controversy, no government seeks to disadvantage Davis' liberty to worship, and no Free Exercise Clause issues are at stake.

The notion that this is about 'religious liberty' therefore fails as a lie, a partisan contrivance, and red herring fallacy.

If Kim Davis is in jail for ‘not doing her job,’ then she needs to be released immediately

Because that's not against the law. As Christians rise up against the jailing of Kim Davis, citing it as an example of persecution against someone engaging in the constitutionally protected free exercise of religion, a common retort from the secular left has been as follows: “She’s not in jail for exercising her religion. She’s in jail for not doing her job.” If that’s the case, she needs to be freed immediately. There is no statute in this country that makes it a criminal offense not to do your job, or to do your job poorly. If there was, Barack Obama...
As Christians rise up against the jailing of Kim Davis,

Only the rightwing kooky ones

Kim Davis is guilty of persecuting homosexuals. She deserves what she's getting.
And if it were a homosexual and a horse demanding a marriage license would the clerk still be persecuting someone? In your eyes? Do you see the slippery slope you are on right now?

Lame Jeri. Really lame.

And, didn't you just demand that someone else stay on topic?

My point is now that the flood gates have been opened to sin where does it end? What will be considered persecution next? It's an on topic question, Luddly. What's next? Man and beast? Group marriages? Think about it.

What's next? Arresting Pastors who refuse to marry same sex couples? Arresting Doctors who refuse to perform abortions on demand?

Dogs and cats living together?? Mass hysteria!!

As Christians rise up against the jailing of Kim Davis,

Only the rightwing kooky ones

Bet you say similar shit about baking a fucking cake, or taking wedding photo's!

May the LORD strengthen Kim Davis and minister to her and to all who are standing in the gap praying for her.

1. Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
    Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art;
    Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
    Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
  2. Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
    I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
    Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
    Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.
  3. Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
    Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
    Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tow’r:
    Raise Thou me heav’nward, O Pow’r of my pow’r.
  4. Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
    Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
    Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
    High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
  5. High King of Heaven, my victory won,
  6. May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heav’n’s Sun!
    Heart of my own heart, whate’er befall,
    Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Be Thou My Vision > Lyrics | Dallan Forgaill

Last edited:
False. She is not issuing licenses to heterosexual couples, either. That is a violation of her faith, to deny two people to be married legally in the sight of the Lord.
She didn't issue any license and that's not illegal. I hope it gets to SCROTUS because she didn't commit a crime.

Are you supporting Kim Davis for her faith and for defending the laws of Kentucky? For any who are not aware of who Kim Davis is, she is the clerk who was put in jail for refusing to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple. In the State of Kentucky marriage is between a man and a woman. Are you supporting Kim Davis for standing up for her faith in Jesus Christ? Yes or no?
She is neither defending Christianity nor the laws of Kentucky.

Her actions do not adhere to the basic tenets of Christianity. Her actions do, in fact, fly in the face of the Christian faith.

The law is that same sex marriage is legal. There is no refuting that.

So Ms. Davis' actions have nothing to do with Christianity nor adherence to the law. She is nothing more than a garden variety bigot and should be shamed as one, not celebrated or supported.
And you can back that chiberish with some non chiberish? She most certianly is standing on her Christian faith.
The Christian Faith, at its heart, says 'love thy neighbor as you would be loved'. Further, judge not lest you be judged. And those without sin should cast the first stone. These are the basic tenets of the faith.

Christianity is a beautiful, loving and forgiving faith.

Ms. Davis shows no understanding of those basic tenets. Rather, she is twisting and perverting the faith to seek ecumenical cover for vile bigotry.

When did it become part and parcel of faith to abandon the basic tenets in order to perpetuate fear, suspicion and hurtful stereotypes? Can what makes Christianity a faith of love and understanding and forgiveness suddenly be forgotten to accommodate bigotry? That seems more like heresy than true Christian love.

Sexual immorality is condemned in the bible. Homosexual sin is condemned in the bible. Obeying God and keeping the Word of God is not bigotry. It's holiness and without holiness? No one shall see God. Read Hebrews Chapter 10 tonight.
All of which is errant, subjective myths and fables devoid of fact, proof, reason, or logic – which is why religious dogma is legally irrelevant – and thankfully so.

The Framers were clearly wise to create the Establishment Clause, needed as much today as any time in our Nation's history.

She didn't issue any license and that's not illegal. I hope it gets to SCROTUS because she didn't commit a crime.

She defied a court order

Bullshit! She has been denying legal heterosexual marriage licenses for months. That's a violation of her duties as county clerk, and a violation of her faith as a Christian.

She's doing what she subjectively believes to be 'god's law,' absent any proof or evidence; where we know as a fact of law she's in violation of the Constitution, hence her being jailed of her own free will.

Moreover, the issue has nothing to do with Davis' faith, what she might perceive to be 'god's law,' or any aspect of 'religious liberty'; this is a matter completely devoid of religious conflict or controversy, no government seeks to disadvantage Davis' liberty to worship, and no Free Exercise Clause issues are at stake.

The notion that this is about 'religious liberty' therefore fails as a lie, a partisan contrivance, and red herring fallacy.
What crime has this woman committed? The judge is going to eat crow.

No one said she committed a crime.

Indeed, this is in no way a criminal proceeding – Davis is at liberty to go home this week if she so desires.

This is solely about an officer of the state – Davis – refusing to follow a lawful, Constitutional court order instructing her to execute her official duties in accordance with Article VI of the Constitution, the Supreme Court, and the law of the land.

Forum List

Back