Aren't republicans the true moochers in this country by their disdain for paying taxes?

We all benefit from that. Just ask a former European Jew how much he benefits from having a military defense.

Even if the rich paid for all of the military, that would still be about an 80% cut in their taxes if we got rid of all the stuff they don't benefit from since they pay for the bulk of everything anyway. I'll bet they would take that deal any day of the week.
They benefit indirectly from public education since they're the 'job creators'. They benefit disproportionately from infrastructure and basically all the trappings of society. But we've already had this discussion many times before. I have to wonder why you are so pro-plutocracy. I'm sure you are no further up the social ladder than I am. Is your success based upon sucking up and that why you don't want to rock the boat?
It's because we believe in what the founders mapped out for us. You're just afraid of smarter people. You can't stand you're not them! Me, I'm proud of who I am, I don't have to be a rich person. Others do! Not my problem. But it affends the ba-jesus out of you!!! right?
I don't care about being rich. I've got more stuff than I have time to enjoy it. Nobody should be jazzed about the outright theft that these people perpetrate however. It's not jealousy, it's anger and disgust.
I am, I am angry that after fifty years the inner cities are still what they are!!!! Thanks to liberal minded dependencies. Makes me want to barf!!!!! :puke3:
Sounds like you're jealous that they're getting a free ride.
it is what you'd think!!!!

They benefit indirectly from public education since they're the 'job creators'. They benefit disproportionately from infrastructure and basically all the trappings of society. But we've already had this discussion many times before. I have to wonder why you are so pro-plutocracy. I'm sure you are no further up the social ladder than I am. Is your success based upon sucking up and that why you don't want to rock the boat?
It's because we believe in what the founders mapped out for us. You're just afraid of smarter people. You can't stand you're not them! Me, I'm proud of who I am, I don't have to be a rich person. Others do! Not my problem. But it affends the ba-jesus out of you!!! right?
I don't care about being rich. I've got more stuff than I have time to enjoy it. Nobody should be jazzed about the outright theft that these people perpetrate however. It's not jealousy, it's anger and disgust.
I am, I am angry that after fifty years the inner cities are still what they are!!!! Thanks to liberal minded dependencies. Makes me want to barf!!!!! :puke3:
I only know one person that's 'on the dole'. She and her kids live with her dad and with his income and her stipend, they barely have two nickels to rub together. I can't say that her situation is anyone's fault but her's but at this point, there's really no way out. What would you do, let her and her kids starve?

I only know one person that's 'on the dole'. She and her kids live with her dad and with his income and her stipend, they barely have two nickels to rub together. I can't say that her situation is anyone's fault but her's but at this point, there's really no way out. What would you do, let her and her kids starve?
well it is an interesting situation. Not sure what to think, since I don't know the facts. Each situation is unique. If your position is there is nothing to do but give them money, I will disagree. Everyone in the country has opportunities, and how one deals with that opportunity dictates the next step. I had a sister-in-law on the dole and she finally left her lazy husband and got off of welfare. She had four kids too. She moved out west to the country, rented a trailer and became self sufficient without the government involved. It just depends on the want of the individual. So does this lady want to improve her quality of life, or is she merely happy with what she gets and the rubbing of two nickels isn't important.

BTW, To say there is no way out is a liberal's cop out!!

well it is an interesting situation. Not sure what to think, since I don't know the facts. Each situation is unique. If your position is there is nothing to do but give them money, I will disagree. Everyone in the country has opportunities, and how one deals with that opportunity dictates the next step. I had a sister-in-law on the dole and she finally left her lazy husband and got off of welfare. She had four kids too. She moved out west to the country, rented a trailer and became self sufficient without the government involved. It just depends on the want of the individual. So does this lady want to improve her quality of life, or is she merely happy with what she gets and the rubbing of two nickels isn't important.

She was widowed at a young age and now she's uneducated and seemingly constantly on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I'm not sure you realize that a lot of the chronically unemployed/homeless have some sort of mental issue that would prevent them from living a normal life. Of course now, with our wonderful competitive economy, you don't have to have any real issues at all to be unemployed.

She was widowed at a young age and now she's uneducated and seemingly constantly on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I'm not sure you realize that a lot of the chronically unemployed/homeless have some sort of mental issue that would prevent them from living a normal life. Of course now, with our wonderful competitive economy, you don't have to have any real issues at all to be unemployed.
and you can thank the left!!! You know how they are afraid of the christians of the country. God help letting them help the needy. LOL.

They have way more money, property and possessions to protect. Also, they benefit much more from the keeping-commerce-flowing aspects of military intervention.

We all benefit from that. Just ask a former European Jew how much he benefits from having a military defense.

Even if the rich paid for all of the military, that would still be about an 80% cut in their taxes if we got rid of all the stuff they don't benefit from since they pay for the bulk of everything anyway. I'll bet they would take that deal any day of the week.

They are far worse than what they were 50 years ago.

and you can thank the left!!! You know how they are afraid of the christians of the country. God help letting them help the needy. LOL.
The government already gives huge tax breaks to the churches. Yet churches can't offer enough help to eliminate the problem of the homeless. Didn't work during the great depression, wouldn't work now.

That's debatable as well. They don't benefit anymore than you do.
They have way more money, property and possessions to protect. Also, they benefit much more from the keeping-commerce-flowing aspects of military intervention.

So rich people are thieves? What did they steal?

The government already gives huge tax breaks to the churches. Yet churches can't offer enough help to eliminate the problem of the homeless. Didn't work during the great depression, wouldn't work now.
I guess you didn't know that the rules changed toward churches. Why not go an lecture the left who pulled all of those irons out of the fire?

I guess you didn't know that the rules changed toward churches. Why not go an lecture the left who pulled all of those irons out of the fire?
I have no idea what you're talking about.

The church I'm most familiar with is the LDS church. They don't pay any taxes yet their charitable contributions amount to about 1% of the tithing that they collect. The rest of it goes to their property investment and edifice building business.

Jeezus, been living under a rock? Retirement funds, home equity, excessive credit fees and interest... Then in the corporate sector, upper management has been diverting the productivity gains that we all create into their own hands. But then, you already knew that.

Ironically, most wealth redistribution in this country takes place through the tax code through things like the refundable Additional Child Tax Credit (which was passed by the Republican-controlled 105th congress, and expanded with the Bush Tax Cuts), which disproportionally goes to dark red states like Mississippi and Utah that have the fewest tax paying units per capita.

Perhaps instead of such cash handouts, a more strings-attached approach would be more helpful and fiscally responsible.

Like we saw with the 99 week Federal unemployment extensions?

Apparently they expect the government to pay for everything for them. Is it that they are too dumb to realize revenue pays for our military, public schools and highways etc.?

The newest republican tax cut proposal would add 440 billion to our national debt. More proof republicans don't give a shit about the issue

The Republican Party s top priority is to raise taxes on the poor. Literally.

A battle over taxes divides Democrats. More to come - The Washington Post

We have had threads started on twisted logic, convoluted logic, and tortured logic ...

We have now entered into a whole new realm ... NO logic.
If you can't explain why it is illogical, don't bother claiming it is.

Well, actually, I can ...

You state something silly - and then try to back it up by leftist hit pieces, which use selective facts, to try to create a scenario that justifies its preconceived agenda. Your post - and its 'proof' - are nothing more than pedantic leftist propaganda, devoid of facts, and stripped of logic and reality.

Good enough? If not, I'll be glad to go further.

Apparently they expect the government to pay for everything for them. Is it that they are too dumb to realize revenue pays for our military, public schools and highways etc.?

The newest republican tax cut proposal would add 440 billion to our national debt. More proof republicans don't give a shit about the issue

To be a mooch you actually have to mooch something. The rich pay their taxes, so calling them "mooches" is pure slander.

Furthermore, the rich generally don't use government services. They put their children in private schools and they have their own private security.

Your claim is simply a bald faced lie.
Oh please. The rich don't use gov services? Are you kidding me? You really think private schools is the only services they don't benefit from?

Do the rich use welfare? Do they need Social Security? Aside from the courts and the military, is there any government service the rich benefit from?
Do you even know how much we spend on defense? Obviously not. How about the FBI? CIA? Highways? Other infrastructure that republicans refuse to pay for?

Actually the individual states are responsible for the upkeep of their part of the interstate and roads. Have you ever heard of tolls and state gasoline taxes?

Jeezus, been living under a rock? Retirement funds, home equity, excessive credit fees and interest... Then in the corporate sector, upper management has been diverting the productivity gains that we all create into their own hands. But then, you already knew that.

Ok, that makes no sense ... but, if it says what I think you're trying to say, then you're just flat wrong.

To be a mooch you actually have to mooch something. The rich pay their taxes, so calling them "mooches" is pure slander.

Furthermore, the rich generally don't use government services. They put their children in private schools and they have their own private security.

Your claim is simply a bald faced lie.
Oh please. The rich don't use gov services? Are you kidding me? You really think private schools is the only services they don't benefit from?

Do the rich use welfare? Do they need Social Security? Aside from the courts and the military, is there any government service the rich benefit from?
Do you even know how much we spend on defense? Obviously not. How about the FBI? CIA? Highways? Other infrastructure that republicans refuse to pay for?

Any particular proof to those accusations?

Or, just running off at the keyboard, again?

Oh!! Defense - $643 billion in 2013. Yes, I do know.

You sorry-ass deluded fuck. :slap:
You come across like a child. You have no argument so you pound your fists on the ground in a tantrum.

So, Republicans propose to give back to Americans $440 billion of their own earnings. Wow what a concept.

You don't give a shit about bloated, corrupt, inefficient, wasteful government do you? :slap:

Your logic fails you ------ if you cut taxes, you have to cut spending. Oh wait! Republicans want to cut spending - Democrats don't.

We have had threads started on twisted logic, convoluted logic, and tortured logic ...

You state something silly - and then try to back it up by leftist hit pieces, which use selective facts, to try to create a scenario that justifies its preconceived agenda. Your post - and its 'proof' - are nothing more than pedantic leftist propaganda, devoid of facts, and stripped of logic and reality.

Lol well without citing specific details it really isn't enough.

Lol well without citing specific details it really isn't enough.

Well, that's pretty silly --- pretty hard to prove a negative. I'm supposed to point out the lack of logic in a post that has no facts, and is just a tired rant?

Can't be done ....

Forum List

Back