Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

It is now being reported that the shooter was rejected by the US Army. He never served.....

Where the hell did they get that Afghanistan vet crap?

The media sux....

Which is why it is wise not to take anything that is said in the immediate aftermath of this kind of tragedy too seriously. Wise people wait for confirmation - it will take days to be sure of anything.

Most of us have read them or at least excerpts from them. I found Mein kampf so boring I'm not sure I actually finished it. Of course that was many years ago.

Yeah I know. It's very boring. Cant believe anyone was convinced to follow Hitler because of that garbage.

I had a feeling this would happen sooner or later. The political strife has really been brewing in this country for the past decade. Frankly, I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner.
She comes across as a nice woman, and seemed well liked by her constituents. XXXXXXX-Edited.

Except you and don't taz me and none of the rest of us know yet whether or not it was politically motivated. do we?

well so far the media has reported that he suffered alcohol poisoning brain damage and his web presence speaks of a political nutburger. Funny thing is I can't even tell if he is a libtard or a wingbat or something else.

But it seems a certainty that she and/or the judge were targeted for political reasons. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise at this point.

This was a horrible event. Six people died..and 13 were wounded.

Our thoughts should be with all the families..and we should hope for the swift recovery of all those wounded.

:(

She comes across as a nice woman, and seemed well liked by her constituents. XXXXXXX-Edited

Except you and don't taz me and none of the rest of us know yet whether or not it was politically motivated. do we?

well so far the media has reported that he suffered alcohol poisoning brain damage and his web presence speaks of a political nutburger. Funny thing is I can't even tell if he is a libtard or a wingbat or something else.

But it seems a certainty that she and/or the judge were targeted for political reasons. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise at this point.

What makes you think he is either?

Officials are saying she was the target.

Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage - Yahoo! News

Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said Giffords was the target of a gunman whom he described as mentally unstable and possibly acting along with an accomplice. He said Giffords was among 13 people wounded in the melee that killed six people, including Arizona's chief federal judge, a 9-year-old girl and an aide for the Democratic lawmaker. He said the rampage ended only after two people tackled the gunman.

Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said Giffords was the target of a gunman whom he described as mentally unstable and possibly acting along with an accomplice. He said Giffords was among 13 people wounded in the melee that killed six people, including Arizona's chief federal judge, a 9-year-old girl and an aide for the Democratic lawmaker. He said the rampage ended only after two people tackled the gunman.
i hope they give awards to the two people that risked their lives taking this nutter down

I looked at his writing as setting up a fake insanity case. He overdid the stupidity.

Im not convinced he expected to live through this. And if he didn't there was no point setting up an insanity defense.

True, there are now reports that he said goodbye to some friends.

It was apparently on his MySpace page before it went down. The local news is reporting that he dropped out of high school before his senior year, that the local community college had trouble with him before, and that he has a criminal record for drug possession.

unless the guy has talked and admitted that she was his intended target, and he may have, they are also just speculating

unless the guy has talked and admitted that she was his intended target, and he may have, they are also just speculating

Perhaps, don't know for sure. Just reporting what they were saying.

Pima County, Ariz., Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said authorities believe Giffords was targeted by the shooter. But Fox News legal analyst Andrew Napolitano said the killer is likely facing the death penalty even if he didn't target Roll or others in particular during the shooting.

Napolitano said it would be a federal crime of capital murder eligible for the death sentence if the killer's motive was to prevent Roll from carrying out his judicial role.

"If on the other hand he was just killed because he happened to get in the way, then it's not a federal crime, then Arizona law would take place. He still may be exposed to the death penalty but it would be under Arizona jurisdiction and not federal."

Napolitano said a federal prosecution is likely to occur first.

FoxNews.com - Arizona Suspect Likely Facing Death Penalty for Fatally Shooting Federal Judge

Edited for copyright, Modbert.

If what they've been saying about the guy is accurate, no, he wont be facing the death penalty. The Supreme Court eliminated that option with mentally deficient people years ago.

I'm not privy to his official mental capacity but regardless, his legal defense will likely own up to targeting Giffords and only shooting the judge as a "passer by"...

"Napolitano said it would be a federal crime of capital murder eligible for the death sentence if the killer's motive was to prevent Roll from carrying out his judicial role."

Forum List

Back