Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said at a Saturday evening news conference that "I don't have information about whether she was the first person shot, but yes, I believe she was the target."

The sheriff said Giffords was shot once in the head, and 18 other people were shot. Six are dead.

Dupnik said the gunman may not have acted alone. He said authorities may have a photo of another suspect.

Dupnik said officials believe a suspect in custody may have come to the grocery store parking lot with another person, and that person was in some way involved.

Dupnik would offer no other information.

People familiar with the investigation have identified the suspected gunman being held as 22-year-old Jared Loughner.

The hospital said Giffords' outlook was optimistic as she was responding to commands from doctors despite having a bullet go through her head. The death toll included a 9-year-old girl, a federal judge, and a staffer for the Democratic congresswoman.

Sheriff: Giffords Was Gunman's Target - Baltimore News Story - WBAL Baltimore

It's reported the police are now saying this cluck had an accomplice, a 54 year old male and they are looking for him.

I just realized I actually still have it sitting here in German.... LOL Anyone want to borrow it?

I'm almost out of kindling...

sure. :thup:

DSCF0729.jpg

I had a feeling this would happen sooner or later. The political strife has really been brewing in this country for the past decade. Frankly, I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner.
She comes across as a nice woman, and seemed well liked by her constituents. XXXXXXX Edited.

is there any confirmation that this guy either was or was not a vet?

There was one Youtube video captioned something like "My last day in a terrorist country" in which a bizarrely dressed person burned the American flag. So metaphorical? Or related to Afghanistan? You can't tell from the video.
That wasn't his video, it's one he favorited.
Actually, after further review... I take this back.

I now believe it's quite likely that both YouTube pages belong to the shooter.

1.) They look the same: Same "skin."
2.) Exact same type of mindless babble and illiteracy.
3.) "Terrorist" video appears to be shot in the area around Tuscon.
4.) Both joined and were active in YouTube around the same time.

Ended up moving around another 25-30 posts. Thread should be all set again.

Forum List

Back