Arizona Senate Passes Bill Allowing Business Owners To Refuse Service To Gays

Wrong. By her reasoning, if the Black forest turns down the KKK gig by stating it's because they're a WHITE supremacists group, that's illegal. That's what she said. Nothing about politics, but race...which is a protected class.

Point is there should be NO class protected over any other class, IMO.

Doesn't matter. The proof is in the pudding. That Christian baker that was forced to service the gay wedding had done MANY gay events. Had PLENTY of gay customers...as their records showed. But when the gay wedding emerged, which conflicted with their protected status of religion, the PC police ruled in favor of the gay community.

Oh what a slippery slope.

How is baking a cake for a wedding against someone's religion?

It isn't.

I must have missed the announcement when God died and you became the universal official arbiter of what is and isn't against the religion of every single person on the planet.

Can you dipshit leftists BE any more arrogant and hubristic and hypocritical? There's no way that you jackasses would EVER accept someone else setting up THEIR opinions as the objective moral standard by which YOU should be judged, but you have absolutely no problem airily waving your hands and saying, "You believe this, but you're wrong, and THIS is what you should really believe, so that's how it is" to other people.

Their problem is that they think of themselves as liberals, who are open minded and tolerant...
And you got that idea where exactly? It's wrong by the way. Liberals are more of those two than many others but there are very significant limits on both of those, for very good reasons.

What you just posted isn't true.

Interesting, a liberal who doesn't think the people who call themselves liberals are close minded and rigidly intolerant. Wow, I didn't see that one coming...

Liberalism is a rigid ideology that abides no dissent on any issue from anyone. Liberals aren't "more of those two" than anyone.

Liberals are ultra "loving and open-minded" as long as you totally agree with their ideology. However, don't dare think for yourself and have an original thought that departs from their ideology else you will become a target of their wrath.

Liberalism is a rigid ideology that abides no dissent on any issue from anyone. Liberals aren't "more of those two" than anyone.
Also very untrue. Where do you get this nonsense from? What do the words Liberal and Liberty have in common? What "concept" do they both stem from?

Got anything else besides copy%paste gibberish that's not relevant to my point? :popcorn:

In case you have not figured it out, rights associated with property ownership is that which is being attacked. And if these control freaks are not stopped there will be nothing left standing but publically owned property and the iron fist of a communist government!

JWK

Is America on the verge of submitting to communism without a shot being fired?

Refusing to serve gays is homophobic and not a religious objection, since jesus would have served gays. Unless the cake maker was muslim, in which case he and his family of camels should be deported asap.

Apparently you have missed what this is really about which is rights associated with property ownership and has nothing to do with Jesus.

JWK

" I believe that there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." ___ Madison Elliot`s Debates, vol. III, page 87

Also very untrue. Where do you get this nonsense from?
Read the discussions on this board with a critical mind, and you will get it.

What do the words Liberal and Liberty have in common? What "concept" do they both stem from?

First of all, that a group is defined by their name rather than their actions is ridiculous.

Second of all, true liberals are libertarians. The people who call themselves liberals are authoritarian leftists. It is liberty, libertarian and (true) liberal that are one and the same. Government should be minimized to maximize liberty.

You are a strange little fellow, I must say that. Burning witches used to be considered right, and now it isn't. The Bible says do not allow a witch to live. And we do define morality for others, all day long here, we call it the Law. You have your morals and your society also has morals. Both exist at the same time. Sometimes yours win, sometimes society's win. Okay?
Like I said, you're insane. You have no clue what NT principles are or what the relevance even is. Witches and slavery has nothing to do with asshole gays forcing their shit onto everyone else. Plus, laws don't define morality. I don't know where you conjured that up from except maybe your paint can.

What do the words Liberal and Liberty have in common? What "concept" do they both stem from?

First of all, that a group is defined by their name rather than their actions is ridiculous.

Second of all, true liberals are libertarians. The people who call themselves liberals are authoritarian leftists. It is liberty, libertarian and (true) liberal that are one and the same. Government should be minimized to maximize liberty.
So you would lie to yourself instead of learning the truth then? Did you know the Founders of this nation were Liberals? Liberalism is not what you believe, not in the slightest so far. You have an open mind right? Prove it.

And you got that idea where exactly? It's wrong by the way. Liberals are more of those two than many others but there are very significant limits on both of those, for very good reasons.

What you just posted isn't true.

Interesting, a liberal who doesn't think the people who call themselves liberals are close minded and rigidly intolerant. Wow, I didn't see that one coming...

Liberals are ultra "loving and open-minded" as long as you totally agree with their ideology. However, don't dare think for yourself and have an original thought that departs from their ideology else you will become a target of their wrath.

An open minded person is one who can understand that being gay in America cannot be shown to have any material effect on whether or not a gay person should have equal rights.

Last edited:
You are a strange little fellow, I must say that. Burning witches used to be considered right, and now it isn't. The Bible says do not allow a witch to live. And we do define morality for others, all day long here, we call it the Law. You have your morals and your society also has morals. Both exist at the same time. Sometimes yours win, sometimes society's win. Okay?
Like I said, you're insane. You have no clue what NT principles are or what the relevance even is. Witches and slavery has nothing to do with asshole gays forcing their shit onto everyone else. Plus, laws don't define morality. I don't know where you conjured that up from except maybe your paint can.
Ah, okay, you're pretty nuts. Tell us though, what do US Laws, OT laws, and NT laws all say about Murder? What do all three say about Lying?

So you would lie to yourself instead of learning the truth then? Did you know the Founders of this nation were Liberals? Liberalism is not what you believe, not in the slightest so far. You have an open mind right? Prove it.

Did you know the Founders of this nation were Liberals? - Ding, ding, ding. This is my point, they were classic liberals, their views were libertarian, not authoritarian leftists like today's "liberals."

Liberalism is not what you believe, not in the slightest so far. You have an open mind right? Prove it. - You're just repeating how liberals view themselves. Let's talk about liberal "openmindedness." Liberals destroy women, blacks, gays or any other group they "support" unless they are liberal. Liberals drove Libermann from the party for disagreeing on one issue. Every liberal argues the same position and the same reasoning. You like using vague words, you're short on examples contradicting me.

Yes, another topic for another thread -- but many preachers, pastors and christians throughout the south used the bible to defend slavery and subjugating blacks. Evidence of that is rife.

Do you have any documentation to substantiate your claim? "Many preachers, pastors, and Christians" or some? You will have to cite "many" specific circumstances if you have any hope of proving your point. There were thousands upon thousands of white Christians using biblical standards to help free the slaves. Again ... you should start a new thread if you wish to continue this conversation. This post really revolves around religious freedom vs. religious persecution ... not slavery.

The evidence was already posted in this thread.

Are you arguing that religious beliefs cannot serve as a legitimate reason to discriminate against people of color?

Let's talk about liberal "openmindedness." Liberals destroy women, blacks, gays or any other group they "support" unless they are liberal. Liberals drove Libermann from the party for disagreeing on one issue. Every liberal argues the same position and the same reasoning. You like using vague words, you're short on examples contradicting me.
Honestly, that's all just reactionary dogma. Destroy women, blacks, and gays, who the Democratic party is made up of?

And Liberals are Classic Liberals, only they live two hundred years later, so times have change things a bt. Show us, just for fun, some examples of this "destruction"?

Let's talk about liberal "openmindedness." Liberals destroy women, blacks, gays or any other group they "support" unless they are liberal. Liberals drove Libermann from the party for disagreeing on one issue. Every liberal argues the same position and the same reasoning. You like using vague words, you're short on examples contradicting me.
Honestly, that's all just reactionary dogma. Destroy women, blacks, and gays, who the Democratic party is made up of?

And Liberals are Classic Liberals, only they live two hundred years later, so times have change things a bt. Show us, just for fun, some examples of this "destruction"?

Seriously, if you don't recognize what Democrats do to Clarance Thomas, Condie Rice, Colin Powell, Herman Cain, Sarah Palin, Ann Coulter, Michelle Backman, Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingram... Then you're just a fool who isn't worth wasting time on.

Democrats are vicious to Republicans, but you add color, gender, orientation or another attribute Democrats believe belong to them, then they make sure others are afraid to speak out. And again, the ideology is absolutely rigid and tolerates no dissent, which even you recognize since you don't want to go to trying to demonstrate me wrong with actual examples.

The Mormons argued that the religious basis for polygamy gave it constitutional protection.

Why didn't that work out for them?
Because we, society, disapproved so we made another law that goes against the First Amendment.

This highlights exactly where you're so off-base. The entire point of Constitutional protections are to prevent society from bullying minorities simply because they 'disapprove'.

Open mind = agreeing with you. Prove they were liberals. And without equating liberal with goodness and conservative as evil.

Ah, okay, you're pretty nuts. Tell us though, what do US Laws, OT laws, and NT laws all say about Murder? What do all three say about Lying?
There's no law against lying, except in specific circumstances so you just shot your theory down.

Open mind = agreeing with you. Prove they were liberals. And without equating liberal with goodness and conservative as evil.

There's no law against lying, except in specific circumstances so you just shot your theory down.
Good, you know a couple of things, so answer the question: what do US Laws, OT laws, and NT laws all say about Murder?

The Mormons argued that the religious basis for polygamy gave it constitutional protection.

Why didn't that work out for them?
Because we, society, disapproved so we made another law that goes against the First Amendment.

This highlights exactly where you're so off-base. The entire point of Constitutional protections are to prevent society from bullying minorities simply because they 'disapprove'.
I'm only off-base if I agree, what if I don't?

Forum List

Back