Arizona Senate Passes Bill Allowing Business Owners To Refuse Service To Gays

Hows a law supposed to ban gays? unless I come in there wearing assless chaps and singing Lady Gaga how do you decide who is a homosexual? :dunno:
The law was too broadly written.

But for the other ones coming up to pass in other states, they will be narrowed more to a situation where you are forcing someone else to practice gay cult values in violation of their faith. How they would "know" you are gay is if you are standing there asking them to make a gay wedding cake with two guys on top or two women. Or if you said "will you photograph me and my boyfriend getting married", or "will you cater my wedding to my husband"?

On those grounds christians are required to refuse to participate re: Jude 1 and Romans 1 and the warning of being sent to hell for eternity for enabling a Sodom like takeover of another culture.

I'd actually argue the opposite. The law was too narrowly written. The problem here is with the idea that government can force us to cater to other people against our will. Outside of enforcing contractual obligations, the state simply has no business micro-managing our personal decisions like this.

Exactly, the law should have been written to say that no business can be forced to accept any customer, there was no reason to focus on gay.

This whole thing amuses me because my business is in the Triangle of North Carolina by Duke and about 20 minutes from UNC. There is a strong liberal, gay culture to boycott businesses owned by vocal conservatives. They don't even have to be anti-gay, just vocally conservative. My VP of sales, who is gay, tells me about that all the time. She tells me who they boycott. Ironically one business they boycott is one of my larger vendors. I'm not hearing any objection to gays boycotting. I don't object, they have that right. I think it's silly, but they have the right to spend their money where they want. As for me, I accept only one color. Green. And I do business with anyone who has it who doesn't abuse my staff and who pays their bills reasonably on time.

Last edited:
The courts are committing no crimes on the issue of marriage equality.

If legislators would follow the Constitution, then the courts would not have to intervene.

We are not a Jacksonian majoritarian democracy.

Yes, because of course the founding fathers believed that the purpose of government is to make life fair for all it's citizens and gave the courts the absolute power to make it so. It's implied...

Fakey can't grasp sarcasm..

If legislators would follow the Constitution, then the courts would not have to intervene.

Yes, because of course the founding fathers believed that the purpose of government is to make life fair for all it's citizens and gave the courts the absolute power to make it so. It's implied...

Kaz's sarcasm misses the point: the FFs aren't alive today and We the People are in charge not the FFs.

Kaz's sarcasm misses the point: the FFs aren't alive today and We the People are in charge not the FFs.

Where was that the point?

Actually, your "point" has nothing to do with it. Americans today are still using what the founding fathers wrote as the ultimate say in the law of our land. We are making that choice, not the founding fathers. As long as we do that, the Constitution is the measuring stick. If you want to follow "democracy" then just end the pretense and repeal the Constitution.

Actually, your "point" has nothing to do with it. Americans today are still using what the founding fathers wrote as the ultimate say in the law of our land. We are making that choice, not the founding fathers. As long as we do that, the Constitution is the measuring stick. If you want to follow "democracy" then just end the pretense and repeal the Constitution.

My comment gutted your silly opinion.

We the People through our leges and courts decide what the Constitution has to say. The FFs have nothing to do with it.

I did not say what you are saying about "democracy." Red herring, sonny, and it stinks like dead fish.

My comment gutted your silly opinion.

We the People through our leges and courts decide what the Constitution has to say. The FFs have nothing to do with it.

I did not say what you are saying about "democracy." Red herring, sonny, and it stinks like dead fish.

So government (leges and courts) tells us what "We the people" say. Wow. That's just sick.

Regulation of marriage is not an enumerated power. That means that, by definition, the states are following the Constitution when they regulate it, even if they regulate it in a way you don't like.

So do you.
Difference is I have more support than you do.
THE LAW is on my side.
All you have is rhetoric and religious views.

If you define support as quantity of people, you are correct, If you define it the way I do, as evidence to support your argument and the quality of the people who support you, you are wrong.

Once again your ideology clouds your eyes and good judgment.
The LAW is ALL my support.
My family down here in the deep south from the 1940s was supporting integration and equal rights for blacks WITH NO SUPPORT.
Grew up hearing "****** lover" almost every day of my life for 15 years.
Unlike you I don't want or need any support for doing what is right then and now.
But you are paying some attention and get a star by your name for that.

Unless you are going to argue that the law is Gawd you cannot argue that your source of support is the law. If you were half as smart as you think I am that would be obvious because, using the law, I can argue that cops can shoot unarmed people simply because they don't have a Taser.

Why would anyone care if a man and 7 women get married?
Seven mothers-in-law? Insanity at that level should be treated.

Insane topic diversons and point deflections like PMH's should be treated.

How do you feel about polygamy PaintMyHouse? Should it be as legitimately legalized as gay marriage?
Good question. I see no rational arguments against it, as long as everyone is an adult. You certainly can't use the Bible to argue against it in this case.

It will cause problems however, since we haven't even made it fully to just two adults yet. One step at a time eh?

If you define support as quantity of people, you are correct, If you define it the way I do, as evidence to support your argument and the quality of the people who support you, you are wrong.

Once again your ideology clouds your eyes and good judgment.
The LAW is ALL my support.
My family down here in the deep south from the 1940s was supporting integration and equal rights for blacks WITH NO SUPPORT.
Grew up hearing "****** lover" almost every day of my life for 15 years.
Unlike you I don't want or need any support for doing what is right then and now.
But you are paying some attention and get a star by your name for that.

Unless you are going to argue that the law is Gawd you cannot argue that your source of support is the law. If you were half as smart as you think I am that would be obvious because, using the law, I can argue that cops can shoot unarmed people simply because they don't have a Taser.
^^^^^^^^:dig:

Regulation of marriage is not an enumerated power. That means that, by definition, the states are following the Constitution when they regulate it, even if they regulate it in a way you don't like.

QWB, immediately email SCOTUS of the errors.

Forum List

Back