Arizona will require Obama to provide birth cert if he wants to be on ballot

why is it an issue to see a copy of the original? obviously this is still an issue YEARS later....seems stupid to not simply issue the best evidence and be done with it....

i had to get a copy of my original bc for my passport, i fail to see the harm in obama producing a copy of his original

There is no legal standard to comply with a demand because it's an "issue" to a small percentage of the country that is nucking futs.

Obama has satisfied the legal standard for citizenship. That's the end of the matter.

As evidenced by the birther's 0-66 record.

did i say 'legal standard'? no, i said it is still and issue and its stupid to not simply produce a copy of the original. which, whether in court or not, is the best evidence. period.

why is it an issue to see a copy of the original? obviously this is still an issue YEARS later....seems stupid to not simply issue the best evidence and be done with it....

i had to get a copy of my original bc for my passport, i fail to see the harm in obama producing a copy of his original

There is no legal standard to comply with a demand because it's an "issue" to a small percentage of the country that is nucking futs.

Obama has satisfied the legal standard for citizenship. That's the end of the matter.

did i say 'legal standard'? no, i said it is still and issue and its stupid to not simply produce a copy of the original. which, whether in court or not, is the best evidence. period.

But should he be required to? That is after all the point we've been arguing over.

In a nation of laws, the "legal standard" is the only real standard I am concerned about on this issue.

I don't blame Obama for not capitulating to the demands of a group of whack jobs. He could personally show up on their door with the "vault copy" and they still wouldn't be satisfied. The birth certificate isn't the real issue to them and it never has been.

So since we can agree that the birthers have no legal footing to stand on, I don't think there is much more to say.

In a nation of laws, the "legal standard" is the only real standard I am concerned about on this issue.

I don't blame Obama for not capitulating to the demands of a group of whack jobs. He could personally show up on their door with the "vault copy" and they still wouldn't be satisfied. The birth certificate isn't the real issue to them and it never has been.

So since we can agree that the birthers have no legal footing to stand on, I don't think there is much more to say.

No, the birth certificate isn't the issue. A bunch of racist white good old boys are pissed that the house ****** is in the White House. Don't you know? The White House is supposed to be for Whites Only!

At least, that seems to be the thinking of the racists in the GOP and tea bagger organizations.

Like I said, I hope AZ secedes from the union and gets absorbed by Mexico and they turn the whole fucking state into a pot patch.

Maybe then they'd learn some tolerance.

a copy of mccain's original was produced....enough said

further, all those cases that were tossed that you're proudly proclaiming prove the birthers have no case, it is my understanding all the cases were tossed solely because of standing, nothing on the merits, so i would not run around proclaiming any victory as to the merits of his eligibility based on those cases

No, the birth certificate isn't the issue. A bunch of racist white good old boys are pissed that the house ****** is in the White House. Don't you know? The White House is supposed to be for Whites Only!

At least, that seems to be the thinking of the racists in the GOP and tea bagger organizations.

Like I said, I hope AZ secedes from the union and gets absorbed by Mexico and they turn the whole fucking state into a pot patch.

so the people that demanded in court and in public mccain produce his.....what are they? racists who don't want an old white cracker as president.....teh stupidity of the race of card knows no bounds

It's not just capitulating to the demands of the whack jobs, although once he starts they'll just move the goalposts and we all know it.

It's the entire principle of citizenship and what it stands for, and the danger of setting a precedent that creates a tiered system even in appearance only. Not to mention protecting the principle of full faith and credit, exactly as enumerated and not deviating at the whim of one or another State or a group of sore losers. I'd stick to my guns too.

But should he be required to? That is after all the point we've been arguing over.

was mccain's original (copy) produced?

It's not just capitulating to the demands of the whack jobs, although once he starts they'll just move the goalposts and we all know it.

It's the entire principle of citizenship and what it stands for, and the danger of setting a precedent that creates a tiered system even in appearance only. Not to mention protecting the principle of full faith and credit, exactly as enumerated and not deviating at the whim of one or another State or a group of sore losers. I'd stick to my guns too.

ah....the slippery slope argument

problem is, beyond the original, there really is no goal post to move

How anyone can think Obama would have been allowed to take office if Bush and team had any way of keeping him from doing so is wacked out.

Hey, I love to bag on the teabaggers as much as the next man, but even they don't deserve to be lumped in with the birthers.

That's a whole other category of crazy right there.

further, all those cases that were tossed that you're proudly proclaiming prove the birthers have no case, it is my understanding all the cases were tossed solely because of standing, nothing on the merits, so i would not run around proclaiming any victory as to the merits of his eligibility based on those cases

That's saying "The game was only won because of a field goal and not a touchdown!"

Standing is a component of "merit" in this issue.

That's saying "The game was only won because of a field goal and not a touchdown!"

absolutely not true, while standing is required, the merits of a case are not decided if the party lacks standing

if you don't believe me, ask goldcatt

No, the birth certificate isn't the issue. A bunch of racist white good old boys are pissed that the house ni**er is in the White House. Don't you know? The White House is supposed to be for Whites Only!

Hey, I love to bag on the teabaggers as much as the next man, but even they don't deserve to be lumped in with the birthers.

That's a whole other category of crazy right there.

Poll: "Birther" Myth Persists Among Tea Partiers, All Americans - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

ah....the slippery slope argument

problem is, beyond the original, there really is no goal post to move

Sure there are. The arguments are already out there. First is authenticity. Then it's whether there is a conspiracy within the Hawaiian state government to cover something up. The nutters will enver be satisfied. Let them eat tinfoil. And buy stock in Reynolds. ;)

And you would support a State setting requirements at odds with the Full Faith and Credit clause as enumerated? Seriously, you don't see a problem with that?

The black guy won

get over it

You know......if you think about it, JB is right..........McStupid is the senator from AZ, he was pissed because he got his ass kicked in the election by a liberal black man.

What did he do? Go back, bitch piss and moan about it, and some of his cronies in the state government decided that their little bit of "I'll take my bat and ball and go home" comes in this stupid idea.

They figure that if he's not on the ballot, he can't get elected.

AZ is a fucking racist state, I hope they decide one day to secede and then they get absorbed by Mexico, which turns the whole state into a marijuana patch.

Many in Az would be cool with the last part :lol:

absolutely not true, while standing is required, the merits of a case are not decided if the party lacks standing

if you don't believe me, ask goldcatt

That is true. If all of the cases were in fact dismissed on standing, and I know at least some of them were (I don't follow this crap enough to say if they all were) then they were tossed before they ever reached the merits.

I think this is finally getting the legs it needs to get this story going that the media has been silent on. The White House seems to be upset and I think is starting to feel the heat as this is getting publicity everywhere and has people talking and asking questions focusing on the Presidents citizenship. From Lt Col Lakin in the news to now this CNN front page news. This story will not go away. There is nothing wrong with a Presidential Candidate having to prove he is a Natural Born Citizen to be on the ballot. The White House should know this but the question is,............ Why is the Obama Administration upset with the Arizona Legislature for taking a precautionary measure that a candidate, to be on a ballot, meet the constitutional qualifications that you must be a Natural Born Citizen to be President just to be on the safe side?

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - White House slams latest ‘birther’ move - Blogs from CNN.com

(CNN) - White House aides are scoffing at a move in the Arizona legislature to force President Obama to show his birth certificate to get on the state's ballot in 2012 for his likely re-election battle.
"This is a question that has been answered exhaustively," White House spokesman Bill Burton told CNN. "I can't imagine Arizona voters think their tax dollars are well served by a legislature that is less focused on their lives than in fringe right-wing radio conspiracy theories."
The Arizona House voted Monday by a 31-22 margin to require all presidential candidates to prove they were born in the United States in order to meet the constitutional requirement. The measure still has to be considered by the Arizona state Senate before it can become law.

More in link above and read the liberals comments as their heads are exploding over this.

again.........what is the case........and you have changed the story, you claimed the court asked for the information and deemed it appropriate, now you're saying the court said the information already provided is enough

for the 4th time.......what is the case, i'm calling bullshit until you present it, i am near certain the case was only thrown out on the issue of standing, not evidence

Wait, wait, I see the confusion here...

This was the original statement:

He told the people who doubted the validity of the one he already provided that he would not provide additional proof.

Birthers are not "the country".

When asked to provide said documentation by the correct authority (the Supreme Court), he provided them with what was apparently satisfactory evidence.

Plus you do realize that if one is to say that the Supreme Court's decision on this matter is not a valid judgement, thus questioning the validity of the court itself, then the entire Bush Presidency was in fact an illegal usurpation of power.

I was using the word "decision" in the sense that the Supreme Court had decided to do something, in this case throw out the suit due to the countervailing evidence...

Not in the sense that the case had gone to trial and had ended in a "Decision".

Purely semantic misunderstanding. My bad probably for using a word with multiple applications in this situation.

Forum List

Back