Armed citizen saves life of Police officer

If people don't report the crimes they stopped, where do you get the numbers you like to use for crimes stopped by people with their guns?

Is it,he told me and I told you and you told blah blah blah... why pretty soon people would think a million crimes a year are stopped. But they ain't.

So where do those numbers come from? The NRA? Self reported? The Heller Keller Feller?
Just curious.
How many women report being raped?
How many people who have been in fights don't call the police?

California Girl.
Since you're not accepting PMs please let me respond to you in open forum.

My point's sound.
Save your outrage for those selfish bastards that don't give a shit about the Newtown kids or any other victims but are more concerned about keeping their toys.
Bigrednec is Exhibit A.

In order to feel 'outrage', I would first need to respect your comments. Since you fail to gain my respect, there is no 'outrage'. Comments are not 'outrage', they are just comments. Only hysterical fools mistake the two.

I don't accept PMs from idiots. That is true - to a large degree, at least. There are some idiots that I cannot opt out of PMs from - I would if I could.

I have yet to see any comment from BigRed that supports your claim about him. Again, hysteria is not 'evidence'. If you cannot comprehend his comments, that doesn't make him an idiot... but it really does raise a question about your intellectual capacity.

Now, stop whining.

Yet you still feel compelled to take the time to send me a rep with a comment, and reply to me here - I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day when you have so little respect for my comments, I really do.

I never mentioned or presented 'hysteria' as evidence of anything.
It's your word, not mine.
It's a clever way to win an argument though - kudos to you.

It seems that this is the first thread that you've come across bigrednec in.
I've seen enough of him over the years to understand where he's coming from.

If you've run out of ideas that's fine but when that happens it's better just to shut up.

I pass the whiney stick back to you...

And notice the citizen did notneed a dangerous and unusual weapon, per Heller!

Good job bringing this to our notice, bigrebnc.

militia weapons are not dangerous weapons you fucking troll they are protected under the second amendment as per Miller.

Reported. I said nothing about militia weapons, but thank you for reminding us that Heller recognizes SCOTUS right and duty to regulate gun ownership and ban dangerous and unusual weapons.

If people don't report the crimes they stopped, where do you get the numbers you like to use for crimes stopped by people with their guns?

Is it,he told me and I told you and you told blah blah blah... why pretty soon people would think a million crimes a year are stopped. But they ain't.

So where do those numbers come from? The NRA? Self reported? The Heller Keller Feller?
Just curious.
How many women report being raped?
How many people who have been in fights don't call the police?
\

bigderp knows his figures are nothing but make believe.

militia weapons are not dangerous weapons you fucking troll they are protected under the second amendment as per Miller.

Reported. I said nothing about militia weapons, but thank you for reminding us that Heller recognizes SCOTUS right and duty to regulate gun ownership and ban dangerous and unusual weapons.
I know your intent when you said dangerous weapons you fucking troll

Reported. My intent is to point out the citizen did great without dangerous and unusual weapons.

You will never win this point, never.

What a little sissy ass you are....you ran to mommy every time somebody made you cry didn't you?

Reported. My intent is to point out the citizen did great without dangerous and unusual weapons.

And what is a dangerous weapon troll?

First off, I question if this event happened because it has not been on any main stream news sources that I am aware of: perhaps you could cite one, maybe it was on Fox News? Because, whenever presenting facts, 'consider the source' is always important, and the source in this link is pro-gun, thus biased. Second, how do we know the officer was being 'beaten to death,' or that he was 'screaming for help' as is described in the link? The citizen with a gun killed this man, shot him several times, according to your link. How do we know that was warranted? Why not just call 911 have the police come and take care of it? If this was a funeral procession, there would be a lot of people around, people to break up the fight if possible. The act of the citizen who simply pulled out his gun and shot a half dozen holes into the man seems very extreme, excessive. Does a person actually deserve to die because they are in a fist fight, even if it is a cop they have attacked? I have put forth what I think are some reasonable questions. I would appreciate not being called a lot of names for doing so. Free speech, open dialogue, all that.

Why would it be reported?

Since you insist on a source that meets your dubious standards, take a gander.

Bystander Fired Deadly Shot, Not Officer - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Let's give the OP the benefit of the doubt and say we know 100% that this is true and correct.

What's the point that he's trying to make unless the gun that the citizen used was on the list to be banned?

NOBODY is trying to take anyones guns or repeal CC laws. So that leaves the question...

What's the point of the OP?

The way I see it, the only reason I can think of for anyone to deny that there are people who do want to disarm everyone is that they are part of the group who wants to disarm everyone.

there are thousands of crimes stopped every day by citizens with their guns.
And yet inexplicably only gun queers seem to personally know anyone who has done so.

Even more inexplicably, apparently pretty much every one of them has stopped numerous crimes themselves.

Odd how that works, isn't it?

Miraculous, practically.

Really? What about the non gun queer potential victims?

Of course there are folks who would disarm the rest of us, and there are folks out there who would overthrow the government if they could. All the first group will get is failure while the second group will all get holes in their heads if they try it.

Last edited:
I am female and small, so I wouldn't be able to fight back very well, but, still, I would want people to pull the guy off me, not kill him. I question if the cop was being 'beaten to death' as described in the link. One man against another in a fist fight doesn't mean it is a deadly situation. Was the cop so unfit he couldn't fight back? And if there are people around, and the assailant is unarmed, why kill him, why not just pull him off the cop? Pull him off, restrain him, and wait for police reinforcements. My experience is that, in this kind of situation, the police arrive very quickly, in a few minutes. That's my experience. Certainly, when it is a cop being assaulted, they'd come fast.

No offense, Esmerelda...but coming from someone who's been in a situation where someone was beating my ass (in this case it was four men stomping me on the ground), a few minutes is an incredibly long time. The sad fact is that Police response almost never keeps you from BEING assaulted. They usually just end up helping get you to the hospital.

The Police do come fast when it's one of theirs being assaulted. Don't count on that same response time if it's you that it's happening to because you're probably going to be disappointed.

Okay, but the situation described in the OP was one where there must have been plenty of people around. If the man with the gun told the guy to stop or he'd shoot him, and the guy still didn't stop, why shoot him over and over again, why not once and disable him? Why kill him? This was not a case of 4 men stomping the cop on the ground. This was one man against another man, and I don't see how, for a few minutes, the cop couldn't fight him off or several men/people observing this couldn't make an effort to pull the guy off the cop. I think killing him was over the top. I think if this were reversed and it was a cop shooting someone who was fighting with another person, shooting him several times, you people would be outraged that the cop used excessive force.

Why do police always shoot to kill? In fact, it is flat out against policy to shoot to wound in most departments. The reason for that is pretty simple, hitting an arm is a hell of lot harder in real life than it is in the fucking movies.

No offense, Esmerelda...but coming from someone who's been in a situation where someone was beating my ass (in this case it was four men stomping me on the ground), a few minutes is an incredibly long time. The sad fact is that Police response almost never keeps you from BEING assaulted. They usually just end up helping get you to the hospital.

The Police do come fast when it's one of theirs being assaulted. Don't count on that same response time if it's you that it's happening to because you're probably going to be disappointed.

Okay, but the situation described in the OP was one where there must have been plenty of people around. If the man with the gun told the guy to stop or he'd shoot him, and the guy still didn't stop, why shoot him over and over again, why not once and disable him? Why kill him? This was not a case of 4 men stomping the cop on the ground. This was one man against another man, and I don't see how, for a few minutes, the cop couldn't fight him off or several men/people observing this couldn't make an effort to pull the guy off the cop. I think killing him was over the top. I think if this were reversed and it was a cop shooting someone who was fighting with another person, shooting him several times, you people would be outraged that the cop used excessive force.

Why do police always shoot to kill? In fact, it is flat out against policy to shoot to wound in most departments. The reason for that is pretty simple, hitting an arm is a hell of lot harder in real life than it is in the fucking movies.

Shoot for the body mass. Of course, I remember that idiot Liddy yelling, "Shoot for the cop's head, they wear body armor, shoot for the head!", to the reactionary goobers who listened to his radio show.

Shoot for the body mass. Of course, I remember that idiot Liddy yelling, "Shoot for the cop's head, they wear body armor, shoot for the head!", to the reactionary goobers who listened to his radio show.
hey bigderp I can do head shots at 700 meters.

California Girl.
Since you're not accepting PMs please let me respond to you in open forum.

My point's sound.
Save your outrage for those selfish bastards that don't give a shit about the Newtown kids or any other victims but are more concerned about keeping their toys.
Bigrednec is Exhibit A.

In order to feel 'outrage', I would first need to respect your comments. Since you fail to gain my respect, there is no 'outrage'. Comments are not 'outrage', they are just comments. Only hysterical fools mistake the two.

I don't accept PMs from idiots. That is true - to a large degree, at least. There are some idiots that I cannot opt out of PMs from - I would if I could.

I have yet to see any comment from BigRed that supports your claim about him. Again, hysteria is not 'evidence'. If you cannot comprehend his comments, that doesn't make him an idiot... but it really does raise a question about your intellectual capacity.

Now, stop whining.

Yet you still feel compelled to take the time to send me a rep with a comment, and reply to me here - I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day when you have so little respect for my comments, I really do.

I never mentioned or presented 'hysteria' as evidence of anything.
It's your word, not mine.
It's a clever way to win an argument though - kudos to you.

It seems that this is the first thread that you've come across bigrednec in.
I've seen enough of him over the years to understand where he's coming from.

If you've run out of ideas that's fine but when that happens it's better just to shut up.

I pass the whiney stick back to you...

Board software prohibits sending neg reps without comments, idiot.

bigderp negged me so I negged him for trolling. I would keep it private but the guy has private messages turned off since I kicked his ass in private messaging. :lol:

bigderp sounds a lot like the critter at 24 seconds into [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpccpglnNf0]Goats Yelling Like Humans - Super Cut Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

HEY there Jake.

I was wondering about something, what happened to your prediction that an assault weapons ban would pass right after the Newtown shooting? Did the Republicans not get the message that only extremist fringe elements have a problem with it?

He didn't use a grenade launcher? Are you sure? Do you want to comment on the odds that the weapon he did use had a magazine with more that 7 bullets in it?

Forum List

Back