Armed citizen saves life of Police officer

Let's give the OP the benefit of the doubt and say we know 100% that this is true and correct.

What's the point that he's trying to make unless the gun that the citizen used was on the list to be banned?

NOBODY is trying to take anyones guns or repeal CC laws. So that leaves the question...

What's the point of the OP?

You're full of shit. You need new talking points too late too close the barn now because too many states are doing exactly what you asked for.

It happened 6 or 7 years ago. Here is a link:

Eyewitness Gives New Account of Controversial Shooting - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Other stories indicate that the civilian shooter was disabled and 54 (he is shown wearing a neck brace). The person he shot was fairly large and 24. I doubt seiously if the shooter could have "pulled him off"... so you have a choice. A dead police officer or a dead assailant. Your choice.

I think it is true that not much media coverage happens when someone stops a crime with a gun...Take for example what happened in Texas about a month or so ago when that lady working at the stand shot the man who was coming into the movie theater shooting people....I think she shot him four times, but not even Fox news covered it much I don't think.....

We get 'The American Hunter' magazine that is put out by the NRA since we are members, and every month there are Articles in the "Armed citizen" part, where people have defended themselves, or someone else with a firearm, and they never make news very much if at all....

.Not even the one in Tucson where all those illegal Mexicans rushed into that house in the middle of the day and were repelled by the owner with a firearm....

It was even recorded on the homeowners video camera. ...I no doult could provide the link....But that is not what Mayor Bloomberg types want you to see, so you wont.

According to some weird study that the gun nutters love to cite, there are thousands of crimes stopped every day by citizens with their guns.

And EVERYONE KNOWS that the media will not report those crimes, because a. no one knows about them and b. it would hurt the gun grabbers if these stopped crimes were reported.

So the conspiracy grows.

Thousands of crimes stopped evrey day........and yet the gun nutter had to go all the way back a few years to find this example. Why?

And of course, did you read the excerpt from the eye witness? He said the shooter never said a word of warning to the guy doing the beat down. Just walked up and shot him in the back of the head. What a puss. Hope he has nightmares for the rest of his life.

there are thousands of crimes stopped every day by citizens with their guns.

And yet inexplicably only gun queers seem to personally know anyone who has done so.

Even more inexplicably, apparently pretty much every one of them has stopped numerous crimes themselves.

Odd how that works, isn't it?

Miraculous, practically.

Fox News is not anti-gun. I would think if this story were true, it would be on Fox News. Also, doesn't it seem like excessive force to blow away someone who is unarmed, even though he is in a fight with a police officer? Especially when there are a lot of people around, and you could call 911 and have them there in a few minutes?

Fox isn't exactly "pro-gun either.

If you're getting your ass kicked, and might even be disarmed and killed would you prefer I call someone else while you keep getting beaten or stop the assailant?

I am female and small, so I wouldn't be able to fight back very well, but, still, I would want people to pull the guy off me, not kill him. I question if the cop was being 'beaten to death' as described in the link. One man against another in a fist fight doesn't mean it is a deadly situation. Was the cop so unfit he couldn't fight back? And if there are people around, and the assailant is unarmed, why kill him, why not just pull him off the cop? Pull him off, restrain him, and wait for police reinforcements. My experience is that, in this kind of situation, the police arrive very quickly, in a few minutes. That's my experience. Certainly, when it is a cop being assaulted, they'd come fast.

No offense, Esmerelda...but coming from someone who's been in a situation where someone was beating my ass (in this case it was four men stomping me on the ground), a few minutes is an incredibly long time. The sad fact is that Police response almost never keeps you from BEING assaulted. They usually just end up helping get you to the hospital.

The Police do come fast when it's one of theirs being assaulted. Don't count on that same response time if it's you that it's happening to because you're probably going to be disappointed.

there are thousands of crimes stopped every day by citizens with their guns.

And yet inexplicably only gun queers seem to personally know anyone who has done so.

Even more inexplicably, apparently pretty much every one of them has stopped numerous crimes themselves.

Odd how that works, isn't it?

Miraculous, practically.

What is the refrain???

If it saves just one life...

The fact is that there are numerous studies establishing number of "defensive gun use". These range from a low of 104,000/year to a high of 2.5 million per year. Almost all researchers agree that the 104,000 figure is too low as it only reports DGU's which are reported to police. Many question the high range of 2.5 million based upon what is termed "false positives" in the data sample. However, most non partisan researchers seem to agree that there are at least 400,000 year. This does not mean 400,000 perps were killed. Most of the scenarios involve merely the display of the weapon. ... or the sound of a shotgun cycling a round.

According to some weird study that the gun nutters love to cite, there are thousands of crimes stopped every day by citizens with their guns.

And EVERYONE KNOWS that the media will not report those crimes, because a. no one knows about them and b. it would hurt the gun grabbers if these stopped crimes were reported.

So the conspiracy grows.

Thousands of crimes stopped evrey day........and yet the gun nutter had to go all the way back a few years to find this example. Why?

And of course, did you read the excerpt from the eye witness? He said the shooter never said a word of warning to the guy doing the beat down. Just walked up and shot him in the back of the head. What a puss. Hope he has nightmares for the rest of his life.

You have to use some common sense with this issue, Zeke. Criminals prey on what they perceive to be "easy" targets. They don't want to attack someone who's going to counter-attack. They want to attack those that won't. So if a thug has a choice between car jacking two identical cars...one of which has an NRA sticker on the back window and the other which has a flowery peace symbol...which car do you think they're going to try to seize?

Take that one step further and remove the concealed carry ability from private citizens. You've now taken the threat of an armed counter-attack out of the equation for any criminal who is deciding who to assault. If they are larger than their victim...or they are armed with a knife or club...then they are going to feel quite safe to make that attack. On the other hand...if there is the possibility that the older or weaker person they approach is going pull a handgun out of a pocket or purse there is always going to be that doubt in the back of the criminal's mind...a doubt that DOES act as a deterrent.

Last edited:

If you're getting your ass kicked, and might even be disarmed and killed would you prefer I call someone else while you keep getting beaten or stop the assailant?

I am female and small, so I wouldn't be able to fight back very well, but, still, I would want people to pull the guy off me, not kill him. I question if the cop was being 'beaten to death' as described in the link. One man against another in a fist fight doesn't mean it is a deadly situation. Was the cop so unfit he couldn't fight back? And if there are people around, and the assailant is unarmed, why kill him, why not just pull him off the cop? Pull him off, restrain him, and wait for police reinforcements. My experience is that, in this kind of situation, the police arrive very quickly, in a few minutes. That's my experience. Certainly, when it is a cop being assaulted, they'd come fast.

No offense, Esmerelda...but coming from someone who's been in a situation where someone was beating my ass (in this case it was four men stomping me on the ground), a few minutes is an incredibly long time. The sad fact is that Police response almost never keeps you from BEING assaulted. They usually just end up helping get you to the hospital.

The Police do come fast when it's one of theirs being assaulted. Don't count on that same response time if it's you that it's happening to because you're probably going to be disappointed.

Okay, but the situation described in the OP was one where there must have been plenty of people around. If the man with the gun told the guy to stop or he'd shoot him, and the guy still didn't stop, why shoot him over and over again, why not once and disable him? Why kill him? This was not a case of 4 men stomping the cop on the ground. This was one man against another man, and I don't see how, for a few minutes, the cop couldn't fight him off or several men/people observing this couldn't make an effort to pull the guy off the cop. I think killing him was over the top. I think if this were reversed and it was a cop shooting someone who was fighting with another person, shooting him several times, you people would be outraged that the cop used excessive force.

I think it is true that not much media coverage happens when someone stops a crime with a gun...Take for example what happened in Texas about a month or so ago when that lady working at the stand shot the man who was coming into the movie theater shooting people....I think she shot him four times, but not even Fox news covered it much I don't think.....

Do you have a link for this, because it seems like something the media would cover. Why wouldn't they?

If my choice was kill him, call the cops, or let him rape you, what would you choose? Answer carefully, because choices 2 and 3 are really the same.
I'm 63 years old. I likely would fair poorly if I tried to pull a 20 year old would be rapist off of you.

Go ahead. Choose!

Your response is not appropriate. This thread topic is about a man attacking a man, not about rape. It is a situation where there are a lot of people around. In addition, if you knew anything about rape, you would know a rapist is not going to attack a woman when there are people around, and if someone were around, even if he were 63, the rapist would flee. Most rapist are not murderers, they are rapists and do not want to be observed. So, your scenario is something that doesn't respond to the original post and is not realistic anyway.

So the conspiracy grows.

I agree with you. I doubt there are very many incidents where the average citizen stops a crime and it goes unreported by the media because of some conspiracy. I think the magazines and blogs and other media sources pro-gun people read and listen to are telling them a lot of this happens, but it isn't in the mainstream media because it isn't actually happening. If it is actually happening and verifiable and there is a conspiracy about not reporting it, why doesn't the NRA report it? Why only obscure blogs and media that no one but pro-gun people pay attention to?

I also think it is horrible that the man in this case shot the assailant without a word of warning.

Last edited:

So the conspiracy grows.

I agree with you. I doubt there are very many incidents where the average citizen stops a crime and it goes unreported by the media because of some conspiracy. I think the magazines and blogs and other media sources pro-gun people read and listen to are telling them a lot of this happens, but it isn't in the mainstream media because it isn't actually happening. If it is actually happening and verifiable and there is a conspiracy about not reporting it, why doesn't the NRA report it? Why only obscure blogs and media that no one but pro-gun people pay attention to?

I also think it is horrible that the man in this case shot the assailant without a word of warning.

It will only get reported too the media if it's reported too the police. Not every incidence is reported to the police.

Do you have a link for this, because it seems like something the media would cover. Why wouldn't they?
most shootings are covered only by local media. unless it's a mass shooting with innocent people being killed or that evil black rifle being used.

most shootings are covered only by local media. unless it's a mass shooting with innocent people being killed or that evil black rifle being used.

True, if every media outlet covered every shooting in the country there would be no time for any other news.

First off, I question if this event happened because it has not been on any main stream news sources that I am aware of: perhaps you could cite one, maybe it was on Fox News? Because, whenever presenting facts, 'consider the source' is always important, and the source in this link is pro-gun, thus biased. Second, how do we know the officer was being 'beaten to death,' or that he was 'screaming for help' as is described in the link? The citizen with a gun killed this man, shot him several times, according to your link. How do we know that was warranted? Why not just call 911 have the police come and take care of it? If this was a funeral procession, there would be a lot of people around, people to break up the fight if possible. The act of the citizen who simply pulled out his gun and shot a half dozen holes into the man seems very extreme, excessive. Does a person actually deserve to die because they are in a fist fight, even if it is a cop they have attacked? I have put forth what I think are some reasonable questions. I would appreciate not being called a lot of names for doing so. Free speech, open dialogue, all that.

So it is your assertion that if the MSM don't carry it, it did not happen?

:eusa_whistle:

California Girl.
Since you're not accepting PMs please let me respond to you in open forum.

My point's sound.
Save your outrage for those selfish bastards that don't give a shit about the Newtown kids or any other victims but are more concerned about keeping their toys.
Bigrednec is Exhibit A.

True, if every media outlet covered every shooting in the country there would be no time for any other news.

not even close to being correct.
Local news covers all area shootings it's doesn't make it to the national news level until it's a mass shooting with innocent people being killed and that evil black rifle being used.
Did you know that the shooter at the mall in Washington state was stopped by an armed citizen?

Forum List

Back