Armed security

I believe you said you needed firearms because you live in the country. Do you need handguns and assault style rifles in the country?

Judging from the anger and aggression of Democrats about "flyover" country....yep.

Slaughter?
Yes. Nearly twenty times the rate of the UK.

and it has nothing to do with gun control in Britain..... British criminals are using illegal guns more not less....gun crime is up 42% in London....what part of that says their gun control laws are working? What gun control law in Britain keeps these criminals, with their already possessed, illegal guns, from walking into a school, a mall, a theater or a Syngogue? Please, explain how their gun control laws keep the criminals who already have illegal guns from using those guns to commit murder.......please, enlighten us...

Yep.... you guys are about to catch up....
When the factor of mass shootings in the US is something like 10 times as great or whatever. Yeah, right.

Wrong.... you aren't measuring apples to apples...compare our states with simliar countries with the same population.....

Fact Checker Snopes.com's big mistakes in comparing mass public shootings in the US and Europe - Crime Prevention Research Center

We can break down the US into individual states just as Europe is broken down into individual countries (click on the table below to enlarge). Snopes makes much of the fact that while Europe as a whole has mass public shootings every year, most European countries didn’t. Indeed, eleven of the fifteen European countries shown had only one year from 2009-2015 where they had a mass public shooting (if you include Russia, it would be eleven out of sixteen countries). But the same pattern holds true for US states, where 14 of the 18 states that had a mass public shooting experienced only one year with such deaths from 2009-2015. To put it differently, 73% of the European countries had deaths from a mass public shooting in only one year (69%, including the European part of Russia). By contrast, 78% of the states with a mass public shooting had deaths in only one year.

While it’s true that all European countries have a median mass public shooting death toll of zero, it is also zero for all but one of the 50 US states — California. Looking at average deaths among states and European countries, we find that six of the ten worst are European countries.
----

They completely ignore that we also compared the US to the EU and Europe as a whole. For four of these seven years, the total number of deaths from mass public shootings is greater in these European countries than in the US. If one compares the yearly median for Europe to the yearly median for the US, they are virtually the same. With or without France, the median for Europe is 19. For the US, it is 18.
-----

Norway has a population of about 5 million people. Seven states in the US have populations between 4.4 million (Kentucky) and 5.7 million (Wisconsin). The other states are Louisiana (4.7 million), Alabama (4.9 million), South Carolina (4.9 million), Colorado (5.5 million), and Minnesota (5.5 million). Three of those states had no mass public shootings. The other four each had one mass public shooting, just like Norway.

The big difference is that those seven states had a total of 33 deaths from mass public shootings, while Norway had 69.

Even if you look at the mass public shootings in all the ten states between 4 and 7 million, the total number of deaths from mass public shootings is 48, with a total population of 78.5 million. Their total population is 15.5 times greater than Norway’s. Does Snopes.com really want to argue that Norway should only be compared to the US as a whole?

Yes but you see one mans long gun is another mans assault rifle. So people will argue that. Then what should be the guidelines for hand gun access? Federal guidelines would have to be agreed upon and a federal law and that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
I believe you said you needed firearms because you live in the country. Do you need handguns and assault style rifles in the country?

Both, if you feel the need..... a rifle is good for long range shooting, and a handgun is convenient for carrying around with you....

Yes, Irish criminals doing this to other Irish criminals. There is no country that does not have criminals doing violent behaviour to each other.

Yes...which is what we keep telling you about American gun violence yet you refuse to listen to that..... There are 320 million peolpe in the U.S....with over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense...our gun crime rate has gone down 49%.......our gun crime, like everywhere else...is confined to teeny, tiny areas of our democrat party controlled inner cities....

Everywhere else is golden...
Areas of poor people who see crime as the only way to make money. And the 49 percent drop in gun crime is bullshit.

No.... that was a 49% drop in gun murder.....

Gun crime dropped 75%..... violent crime dropped 72%.....that is a fact...

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
And yet.............
55831cda69bedde87600549e-750-1584.png
We are dealing with a pro gun person here who will never listen to reason. Let him believe what he wants, I have better things to do with my life, and I am sure that you do too. You are one of the more intelligent, able minded people on these boards. We sit over here and watch the destruction of America. Thank goodness we live where we do.

I just showed you how violent Ireland is and it is increasing...... keep believing that crime rates stay static.... you are in for a surprise...

Yes...which is what we keep telling you about American gun violence yet you refuse to listen to that..... There are 320 million peolpe in the U.S....with over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense...our gun crime rate has gone down 49%.......our gun crime, like everywhere else...is confined to teeny, tiny areas of our democrat party controlled inner cities....

Areas of poor people who see crime as the only way to make money. And the 49 percent drop in gun crime is bullshit.

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
And yet.............
We are dealing with a pro gun person here who will never listen to reason. Let him believe what he wants, I have better things to do with my life, and I am sure that you do too. You are one of the more intelligent, able minded people on these boards. We sit over here and watch the destruction of America. Thank goodness we live where we do.

"Nothng can be done" says only country where this happens.

We aren't the only country where this happens....ask Norway, Belgium, France.........

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

And yet.............

I just showed you how violent Ireland is and it is increasing...... keep believing that crime rates stay static.... you are in for a surprise...
I live here and I can tell you that you are wrong. Discuss something that you know about firsthand.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

And yet.............

I live here and I can tell you that you are wrong. Discuss something that you know about firsthand.

That hasn't stopped you from talking about guns.....

Yes but you see one mans long gun is another mans assault rifle. So people will argue that. Then what should be the guidelines for hand gun access? Federal guidelines would have to be agreed upon and a federal law and that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Both, if you feel the need..... a rifle is good for long range shooting, and a handgun is convenient for carrying around with you....
Why would you live in a country where you feel the need?

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

And yet.............

That hasn't stopped you from talking about guns.....
My father was a policeman and I grew up in a house where there were guns. I started shooting handguns when I was 6 years old. I know guns.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

And yet.............

"Nothng can be done" says only country where this happens.

We aren't the only country where this happens....ask Norway, Belgium, France.........
They are all a lot safer than the land of the gun totin retards.

Failed, do you know he meaning of the word.

I do....but that doesn't hide the fact that Australia has had about a dozen public shootings since they banned and confiscated guns...... yet they keep lying about their gun control laws stopping mass public shootings...
Wow a dozen ? Is that a dozen a day or a dozen a week ?

A dozen in a country that brags about ending them with their gun control laws...
A dozen since they passed the strict laws. Pretty impressive I would say.

Considering that is an increase? After they banned and confiscated guns?
We've been through this before...guns aren't banned in Australia.

When the factor of mass shootings in the US is something like 10 times as great or whatever. Yeah, right.

Wrong.... you aren't measuring apples to apples...compare our states with simliar countries with the same population.....

Fact Checker Snopes.com's big mistakes in comparing mass public shootings in the US and Europe - Crime Prevention Research Center

We can break down the US into individual states just as Europe is broken down into individual countries (click on the table below to enlarge). Snopes makes much of the fact that while Europe as a whole has mass public shootings every year, most European countries didn’t. Indeed, eleven of the fifteen European countries shown had only one year from 2009-2015 where they had a mass public shooting (if you include Russia, it would be eleven out of sixteen countries). But the same pattern holds true for US states, where 14 of the 18 states that had a mass public shooting experienced only one year with such deaths from 2009-2015. To put it differently, 73% of the European countries had deaths from a mass public shooting in only one year (69%, including the European part of Russia). By contrast, 78% of the states with a mass public shooting had deaths in only one year.

While it’s true that all European countries have a median mass public shooting death toll of zero, it is also zero for all but one of the 50 US states — California. Looking at average deaths among states and European countries, we find that six of the ten worst are European countries.
----

They completely ignore that we also compared the US to the EU and Europe as a whole. For four of these seven years, the total number of deaths from mass public shootings is greater in these European countries than in the US. If one compares the yearly median for Europe to the yearly median for the US, they are virtually the same. With or without France, the median for Europe is 19. For the US, it is 18.
-----

Norway has a population of about 5 million people. Seven states in the US have populations between 4.4 million (Kentucky) and 5.7 million (Wisconsin). The other states are Louisiana (4.7 million), Alabama (4.9 million), South Carolina (4.9 million), Colorado (5.5 million), and Minnesota (5.5 million). Three of those states had no mass public shootings. The other four each had one mass public shooting, just like Norway.

The big difference is that those seven states had a total of 33 deaths from mass public shootings, while Norway had 69.

Even if you look at the mass public shootings in all the ten states between 4 and 7 million, the total number of deaths from mass public shootings is 48, with a total population of 78.5 million. Their total population is 15.5 times greater than Norway’s. Does Snopes.com really want to argue that Norway should only be compared to the US as a whole?
Classic and hilarious cherry-picking.
Why not compare Disneyland to Luxembourg...on any given day they probably have a similar population?

----

-----

Classic and hilarious cherry-picking.
Why not compare Disneyland to Luxembourg...on any given day they probably have a similar population?
Brilliant.

And yet, the unarmed people of Europe, 12 million of them, were handed over to the German Socialists by their own governments....and sent to death camps where they were murdered......those 12 million still far outnumber any number of murders committed by criminals released onto our streets by democrats....do you only care when criminals murder people, and ignore the millions more murdered by their governments in Europe?
You are insane. You are prepared to see people slaughtered every day as long as you can hang on to your penis extension. Your only suggestion is that you need more guns. How much do they pay you to spout this shite ?
154 mass shootings so far this year in the US. Not one by a Black or illegal immigrant.

That is a lie..... there were not 154 mass shootings you dumb ass..... The definition of a mass shooting by the FBI used to be 4 or more people killed in one place by a someone who was not connected to another crime...... then obama wanted more mass shootings recorded so he lowered that to 3...... and even with that lower number there were........

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

Hold on...so a mass shooting doesn't count as a mass shooting unless enough people actually die?
I never realised...you've been right all along...it isn't about guns, it's about marksmanship.

According to the FBI..... that is why Australia can lie and say their gun control laws stopped their mass public shootings...even though they have had about a dozen public shootings.....but the shooter either decided not to shoot 3 or more people, or tried and failed to shoot 3 or more people.....
So you're saying that the US has more mass shootings than Australia because Americans are quite simply better shots?
That's something to brag about I suppose.
MAGA!!

Forum List

Back