Armed security

Certainly, all those "good guys" with all those guns will be volunteering to protect places of worship. Right after they start protecting schools. After all, what else could all their interest in militarism serve?
Those that carry at my church do so voluntarily.

If all schools need armed security to protect children. And places of worship now need armed security to protect worshippers.

That is a lot of armed security. No doubt there are other places that would need this type of cover.

Where are all of these low wage protectors coming from ?

And who will pay for them ?
I'm very skeptical of the idea that more of us will have to be armed to be safe the more that guns are out there and easy to get. Seems like a bad self fulfilling prophecy. I still dont want to live in a society where I have to carry a gun and expect every person i see to be a possible threat. That sounds like a shitty life.

Certainly, all those "good guys" with all those guns will be volunteering to protect places of worship. Right after they start protecting schools. After all, what else could all their interest in militarism serve?
I thought it was to combat tyrants...or something
Terrorism is a form of tyranny. Where are those "good guys"? If they don't have the gumption and courage to do little things like guard religious centers and schools, can they possibly be counted on to resist organized armies? It makes their protestations of heroic minutemen sound rather flat.

Last edited:
You guys..... keep jinxing those countries.... their gun control laws do not protect them, their populations are becoming more violent, and they have just as much access to guns as our criminals do...once they decide to commit mass shootings, they will be even more helpless because in a lot of those places, the normal police are not armed....
Even while our rate of mass shootings remains much lower than that of the US. There must be some other explanation, eh?

Moron....Crimea had a mass shooting at a college this week....the shooter used a pump action shotgun and murdered 21 students...... they have strict gun control laws there...you doofus....
As a result of their strict gun control laws I bet they have a lower rate of mass shootings than the US with its lax gun control laws. Anyone would think it rocket science.

You guys..... keep jinxing those countries.... their gun control laws do not protect them, their populations are becoming more violent, and they have just as much access to guns as our criminals do...once they decide to commit mass shootings, they will be even more helpless because in a lot of those places, the normal police are not armed....
Even while our rate of mass shootings remains much lower than that of the US. There must be some other explanation, eh?
Primary among "other explanations" is the fetish facet of fascination with firearms. Why is the AR 15 the weapon of choice for mass murderers when, as we so often see insisted, it is 'only' a rifle like others? It is the faux-military appeal. There is a sick mindset of many who dwell in the land of armed rebellion fantasies. When their frustrations reach an unforeseen level, disasters occur. It is definitely a mental health issue, and those so devoted to the Second Amendment need to be in the forefront of addressing it.

`
Strict gun control in the U.S. isn't going to work especially since there has been a larger uptick in guns stolen from dealers and private owners. The media seldom, if ever, reports on how the weapons used in a a violent crime, involving a gun, were obtained.

The NRA should put their money where their mouth is and pay for and train armed guards where they are needed.

As far as armed security goes, the alt-right guy that shot up the synagogue shot up the cops too. So having a bunch of armed guards everywhere, or expecting everyone to be carrying is an unrealistic solution. Maybe we have to lock down everywhere all the time now, I dunno.

Repealing the 2nd amendment or banning guns isn't going to happen, I live out in the country and need a gun, plenty of others in the US do too. Prohibiting crazies from owning guns is a good idea but how do you police that? If someone with no previous arrests says something crazy once on twitter are they barred from gun ownership? The answers aren't easy.

`
Strict gun control in the U.S. isn't going to work especially since there has been a larger uptick in guns stolen from dealers and private owners. The media seldom, if ever, reports on how the weapons used in a a violent crime, involving a gun, were obtained.
Stolen or straw purchases.

Strict gun control in the U.S. isn't going to work especially since there has been a larger uptick in guns stolen from dealers and private owners.
Stringent regulation of handguns and assault style rifles will result in fewer being possessed and/or in circulation. If 'strict' is 100% success then no, it isn't going to work. Even so, rates of possession will decrease.

Last edited:
But who is kidding whom? US firearm manufacturers depend on the domestic market to sell handguns and assault style rifles. Their ability to threaten legislators with primary challenges ensures no change will be made to US firearm sales.

No I prefer life on one wheel as often as possible.
Then I imagine you could get along with reasonable access to long guns and stringent regulation of handguns and assault style rifles.
Yes but you see one mans long gun is another mans assault rifle. So people will argue that. Then what should be the guidelines for hand gun access? Federal guidelines would have to be agreed upon and a federal law and that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Yes but you see one mans long gun is another mans assault rifle. So people will argue that. Then what should be the guidelines for hand gun access? Federal guidelines would have to be agreed upon and a federal law and that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
`
I own a Springfield 30-06 for hunting but with the right ammo, can also cut through a car like a hot knife through butter...more or less. I am considering replacing it with a Noreen BN36 AR-15 but it looks way too much like a military grade weapon, however has superior characteristics to the Springfield. Don't ask me for too many specifics. I leave that to my friends.

`
I own a Springfield 30-06 for hunting but with the right ammo, can also cut through a car like a hot knife through butter...more or less. I am considering replacing it with a Noreen BN36 AR-15 but it looks way too much like a military grade weapon, however has superior characteristics to the Springfield. Don't ask me for too many specifics. I leave that to my friends.
I have a Mossberg 30-06. Why replace it when you can have both? I'm using a yamaha fz-09 now for wheelies but still keep my familiar tricked out old dr 650. I'd keep the springfield as your familiar, especially if it is your comfortable hunting gun.

Forum List

Back