Arming people in movie theaters

Another 2aguy follower saving lives. Hope she lives and sues this clown for a lot of money.

Fuck you twit.....you morons are the ones who create the gun free killing zones and keep letting the convicted felons caught with guns go free......

Why is that?

Killing zones? If this theater had been gun free and your gun buddy followed the law nobody would be shot. You see gun free zones protect people from accidental shootings.

I've never let a felon go free...

Our jails are the fullest in the world.

Good job preaching guns to this guy, you are making the world safer.

Moron...

Regal theaters in my area are gun free. I will contact the national chain and ask them about the Renton one. And this guy was drunk, breaking the law by carrying a gun while drunk, drunk in public and who knows how he got to the theater and we don't even know if he was carrying the gun legally, originally before he started breaking the law

Like your average twit, you claim a gun free zone would keep this guy from bringing a gun into it.....only someone with a child like level of emotional and reasoning ability would believe that.

And this probable gun free zone didn't keep that woman safe....and the gun free zone at the Colorado theater didn't keep those people safe either....

So keep creating gun free killing zones...one day normal people may come to realize how stupid and un safe gun free zones are.

By voting in democrats, who then appoint soft on gun crime prosecutors and judges and by creating legal gun free zones you are doing far more to get innocent people killed ....and on top of that you and your allies in the gun control movement fight tooth and nail to keep gun safety education out of the schools where it might just save the lives of children....

Again, you think like a child.....try to grow up.

There's no way to legislate immaturity and irresponsibility until a crime is committed. Then the damage is done. Ergo the need to curtail the extensions of their irresponsibility: guns in places where they simply don't belong. You think like an NRA drone.

Another 2aguy follower saving lives. Hope she lives and sues this clown for a lot of money.

Fuck you twit.....you morons are the ones who create the gun free killing zones and keep letting the convicted felons caught with guns go free......

Why is that?

Killing zones? If this theater had been gun free and your gun buddy followed the law nobody would be shot. You see gun free zones protect people from accidental shootings.

Moron...

Regal theaters in my area are gun free. I will contact the national chain and ask them about the Renton one. And this guy was drunk, breaking the law by carrying a gun while drunk, drunk in public and who knows how he got to the theater and we don't even know if he was carrying the gun legally, originally before he started breaking the law

Like your average twit, you claim a gun free zone would keep this guy from bringing a gun into it.....only someone with a child like level of emotional and reasoning ability would believe that.

And this probable gun free zone didn't keep that woman safe....and the gun free zone at the Colorado theater didn't keep those people safe either....

So keep creating gun free killing zones...one day normal people may come to realize how stupid and un safe gun free zones are.

By voting in democrats, who then appoint soft on gun crime prosecutors and judges and by creating legal gun free zones you are doing far more to get innocent people killed ....and on top of that you and your allies in the gun control movement fight tooth and nail to keep gun safety education out of the schools where it might just save the lives of children....

There's no way to legislate immaturity and irresponsibility until a crime is committed. Then the damage is done. Ergo the need to curtail the extensions of their irresponsibility: guns in places where they simply don't belong. You think like an NRA drone.

You think like a child. And this theater was a gun free zone, this guy was not allowed by law to carry a gun while intoxicated....how did those laws work to keep this from happening twit?

See, an adult realizes that the law is there to punish people who break it...and that is exactly what is going to happen here. No new laws are needed to deal with this, he was arrested, he will go to jail and his ability to carry a gun...if it wasn't already gone, will be taken, and he will be sued for damages

That is how every law works......if you speed 36 in a 35 zone, you get a ticket.......you don't get a ticket before you break the speed limit, twit.

Lubys in Killeen did not serve alcohol

The fantasy that this woman could have stopped the massacre if only she had her trusty shoot'n iron is an NRA fantasy

Hey twit...you are right....she kept her gun in her car because morons like you made it a possible felony for a law abiding, non criminal citizen to carry a gun. That was back in the 90s......so she had been carrying a gun illegally, without paperwork for months and then decided she didn't want a felony conviction for exercising a Right, and put her gun in her glove compartment....and her parent's died because of it...because of twits like you....

Shooting Survivor Fights For Concealed Weapons
Yup......if only I had Ol' Blue I would have sent them bad guys packing
Bam.....there goes a bad guy
Boom..boom....two more bad guys pushing up daisies

Yes....tell that to the woman you twits disarmed and who had to watch her parents die because you guys made it a felony to exercise her right.......then she had to go in, get elected to office and change your stupid law....

Tell this woman and her family she was shot in the theater because guns make us safer.

13 million people carry guns for self defense....this guy was not legally carrying that gun...so he isn't even in that 13 million.

Guns are used 1.5 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives, according to bill clinton and barak obama.....

Guns are used by violent criminals 8,124 times a year in an illegal act to commit murder.......

So, 1.5 million defensive uses vs. 8,124 times to commit murder, the majority of which are criminals shooting other criminals....

you are wrong.

"""Guns are used 1.5 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack"

Prove that or STFU. Or else go Kleck and Gertz yourself. Those footnotes to these so-called facts are based on the authors' books, and the studies they site were no doubt funded by the NRA.

What a fucking joke: Fact Sheet: Guns Save Lives | Section 8: Arm Yourself With The Facts | Just For Skeptics

Why is that?

Moron...

You think like a child. And this theater was a gun free zone, this guy was not allowed by law to carry a gun while intoxicated....how did those laws work to keep this from happening twit?

See, an adult realizes that the law is there to punish people who break it...and that is exactly what is going to happen here. No new laws are needed to deal with this, he was arrested, he will go to jail and his ability to carry a gun...if it wasn't already gone, will be taken, and he will be sued for damages

That is how every law works......if you speed 36 in a 35 zone, you get a ticket.......you don't get a ticket before you break the speed limit, twit.

And you simply cannot think. The NRA does it for you.

Why is that?

Moron...

"....
he was arrested, he will go to jail and his ability to carry a gun...if it wasn't already gone, will be taken, and he will be sued for damages"

So you are ASSUMING he will go to jail. And after he is sued for damages what if he has nothing except a few hundred bucks in the bank? Can't get blood out of that rock you live under.

How about the woman who was wounded? I see you fucking don't even take her injuries into account, which might be life-long. Crawl back under your rock, fuckwad.

And if you every crawl back out, try to learn about preventative measures against tragedies, rather than remedies in the aftermath.

Hey twit...you are right....she kept her gun in her car because morons like you made it a possible felony for a law abiding, non criminal citizen to carry a gun. That was back in the 90s......so she had been carrying a gun illegally, without paperwork for months and then decided she didn't want a felony conviction for exercising a Right, and put her gun in her glove compartment....and her parent's died because of it...because of twits like you....

Yes....tell that to the woman you twits disarmed and who had to watch her parents die because you guys made it a felony to exercise her right.......then she had to go in, get elected to office and change your stupid law....

Tell this woman and her family she was shot in the theater because guns make us safer.

13 million people carry guns for self defense....this guy was not legally carrying that gun...so he isn't even in that 13 million.

Guns are used 1.5 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives, according to bill clinton and barak obama.....

Guns are used by violent criminals 8,124 times a year in an illegal act to commit murder.......

So, 1.5 million defensive uses vs. 8,124 times to commit murder, the majority of which are criminals shooting other criminals....

you are wrong.

Prove that or STFU. Or else go Kleck and Gertz yourself. Those footnotes to these so-called facts are based on the authors' books, and the studies they site were no doubt funded by the NRA.

What a fucking joke: Fact Sheet: Guns Save Lives | Section 8: Arm Yourself With The Facts | Just For Skeptics

Twit...the 1.5 is from a study created for bill clinton through his Department of Justice by two rabidly anti gun researchers...moron......and obama had his CDC study all available data on guns in 2013...spent 10 million dollars doing it....I will also link to that study........

Here you go twit.....tell me which ones of these studies was funded by the NRA...twit.

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. http://www.springerlink.com/content/rngn3274255v6j67/

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Why is that?

Moron...

Look, I understand......you can't help thinking like a child....your brain just didn't develop properly......the part that handles the truth, facts, and reality as well as the difference between Right and Wrong and Good and Evil are still at the reasoning ability of a 12 year old...I get it....

Just don't post as if you know what you are talking about....

you are wrong.

Twit...the 1.5 is from a study created for bill clinton through his Department of Justice by two rabidly anti gun researchers...moron......and obama had his CDC study all available data on guns in 2013...spent 10 million dollars doing it....I will also link to that study........

Here you go twit.....tell me which ones of these studies was funded by the NRA...twit.

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. http://www.springerlink.com/content/rngn3274255v6j67/

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Twit...the 1.5 is from a study created for bill clinton through his Department of Justice by two rabidly anti gun researchers...moron"""

I've already pointed this out. It's [5] in the "study", twit. A "mountain of independent surveys" doesn't mean jack shit. There is no hard data in this article.

* Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense every year. """

The footnote for this statement comes from:
[5]Philip J. Cook and Jens Ludwig, "Guns in America: National Survey on Private Ownership and Use of Firearms," NIJ Research in Brief (May 1997); available at
http://www.ncjrs.org/txtfiles/165476.txt on the internet. The finding of 1.5 million yearly self-defense cases did not sit well with the anti-gun bias of the study's authors, who attempted to explain why there could not possibly be one and a half million cases of self-defense every year. Nevertheless, the 1.5 million figure is consistent with a mountain of independent surveys showing similar figures. The sponsors of these studies -- nearly a dozen -- are quite varied, and include anti-gun organizations, news media organizations, governments and commercial polling firms. See also Kleck and Gertz, supra note 1, pp. 182-183.

DUH! This proves nothing.

Maybe you should spend more time on the FBI website, rather than blogs by self-interested authors who are funded by self-interested sources to write their books and do their "research".

Otherwise, why are you citing other "data" from 20 years ago?

Moron...

Look, I understand......you can't help thinking like a child....your brain just didn't develop properly......the part that handles the truth, facts, and reality as well as the difference between Right and Wrong and Good and Evil are still at the reasoning ability of a 12 year old...I get it....

Just don't post as if you know what you are talking about....

Take your own advice. You are posting opinions that favor your view, not objective data. Learn the difference.

Sorry, twit. This asshole is more biased than you are:

DEFENSIVE GUN USE: GARY KLECK MISFIRES AGAIN

Defensive Gun Use: Gary Kleck Misfires Again

When Gary Kleck can’t defend, he attacks. Instead of offering new insight, Kleck instead baselessly speculates on our motives, suggesting we “hope that total gun prohibition will one day be politically achievable.”

To be clear: prohibition is not something we have ever suggested in any of our writing, all of which can be found at armedwithreason.com. Not that it should matter, but neither of us are merely “investment counselors” either, as Kleck suggests. In fact, DeFilippis spent most of last year helping design and analyze surveys much larger than Kleck’s.

The Florida State professor even goes so far as to describe Dr. David Hemenway, director of Harvard’s Injury Control Research Center and author of more than 130 articles and five books in Economics and Public Health (a total that includes two decisive rebuttals to Kleck and several surveys), as “a man named David Hemenway… who is also untrained in survey methods.”

Rather than confront the significant, multidisciplinary research showing that the false-positive problem is ubiquitous when measuring rare events, Kleck pretends the problem is negligible, and links us to a 1998 “rebuttal” where he references surveys that have nothing to do with rare events. As Dr. Hemenway has extensively detailed, suggesting that false negatives could somehow outweigh false positives is indulging in fantasy.

Last edited:
And one more thing, 2AZero, this woman should not have to file a civil suit in order to receive restitution, she should be able to WALK IN to a movie theatre and WALK OUT without fear of being hit by a bullet. She didn't join the army, she bought a theater ticket.

If her insurance company doesn't cover her damages and if she gets no justice, who do you think pays for her damages. YOU DO, twit.

Find some other way to compensate for the shortage in your trousers.

Why is that?

Moron...

You are the child. Several times a day you post how everyone needs a gun at all times. Well this guy is everyone, congrats! if you were grown up you would realize there is more to life than guns.

The fantasy that this woman could have stopped the massacre if only she had her trusty shoot'n iron is an NRA fantasy

you are wrong.

Tell this woman and her family. She was safer?

you are wrong.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

The NCVS is by far the largest and estimates 108k.

What could make more sense than having armed people on a movie theater?

I TOLD you to stop talking!

Another example of lack of training.

I am strongly pro-gun. But not without a substantial amount of training by gun-owners. Especially those who wish to move about in public while carrying a gun.

there are lots of links showing so

here is just a random one

by Monica Steiner, Contributing Author

It is almost always a crime to possess a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance. Many states also prohibit people from carrying a firearm into establishments that serve liquor (such as bars and nightclubs), even with a concealed carry permit, and even if you are not drinking.
The laws that apply to you depend on the state in which you live. To learn more about the gun laws in your state, see Gun Control Laws, and click the link to your state under the section entitled “Gun Laws by State”.

But I have a concealed carry permit. May I carry my weapon while intoxicated?

Having a concealed carry permit does not give you free reign to carry your weapon at any time or under every circumstance that you wish. Most permits come with a set of places or circumstances where you may not carry your gun, and one circumstance is usually while you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
This is the case in Tennessee, where as a concealed carry permit holder, you may have your license suspended for up to three years (in addition to fines and possible jail time) for drinking in an establishment that sells liquor while in possession of your firearm.

[FONT=Proxima Nova Rg Regular, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Is it illegal to possess a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs? | Criminal Law[/FONT]

I looked it up.

It is illegal to carry in a bar in Washington state, but I see no mention of it being illegal to carry while drunk.

Gun laws in Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I think it's in Texas where you can carry in bars.
Tennessee
Arizona
Georgia
Virginia

a bunch of other states allow cc in restaurants that serve alcohol

Yes.....wasn't it the Luby's Cafe shooting and Suzanah Gratia Hupp who lost her parent's in the shooting who lobbied the Texas legislature to change the concealed carry law?

She was required by law to leave her gun in her car because Luby's served alcohol.....making it one of the first big cases of a gun free zone becoming a killing zone, when the guy drove his truck through the window and came out of his truck murdering people....including her 2 parents....

She also said had she had her gun, she had a direct opportunity to shoot the guy, but couldn't because the gun free zone disarmed her.....

Err, why do you assume that?

Very sad. Sounds like a drunken fool.

I hope the woman survives.

I worry a lot about drunken fools who are driving.

We take away their driving license

What do we do with armed drunks?

Well, this guy is facing charges, but once he gets out, I could see him losing any carry permits.

Even if no one had been injured, drunkenly dropping your gun and having it discharge, which is unusual to say the least, shows very poor responsibility and judgement.

The civil suit she could file would put this guy in the poor house for the rest of his life. But I'm sure the NRA would send him monthly stipends and some gold star stickers.

I'm not sure why you think the NRA is going to move on this case.

I looked it up.

It is illegal to carry in a bar in Washington state, but I see no mention of it being illegal to carry while drunk.

Gun laws in Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tennessee
Arizona
Georgia
Virginia

Yes.....wasn't it the Luby's Cafe shooting and Suzanah Gratia Hupp who lost her parent's in the shooting who lobbied the Texas legislature to change the concealed carry law?

She was required by law to leave her gun in her car because Luby's served alcohol.....making it one of the first big cases of a gun free zone becoming a killing zone, when the guy drove his truck through the window and came out of his truck murdering people....including her 2 parents....

She also said had she had her gun, she had a direct opportunity to shoot the guy, but couldn't because the gun free zone disarmed her.....

Show me an example where an armed woman stopped a mass killing

Otherwise, we are talking NRA fantasies

Tennessee
Arizona
Georgia
Virginia

I'm not going to research stopped mass shootings to see if or how often a woman stopped one.

It is possible that that woman could have shoot the mass shooter if she had had her gun.

Without it, she certainly could not.

I don't know why you assume women are so incapable of armed resistance or force.

Tennessee
Arizona
Georgia
Virginia

I'm not going to research stopped mass shootings to see if or how often a woman stopped one.

It is possible that that woman could have shoot the mass shooter if she had had her gun.

Without it, she certainly could not.

I don't know why you assume women are so incapable of armed resistance or force.
300 million fucking guns in this country

Where are all the gun owners to "keep us safe"

It is a myth

Forum List

Back