Arming people in movie theaters

there are lots of links showing so

here is just a random one

by Monica Steiner, Contributing Author

It is almost always a crime to possess a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance. Many states also prohibit people from carrying a firearm into establishments that serve liquor (such as bars and nightclubs), even with a concealed carry permit, and even if you are not drinking.
The laws that apply to you depend on the state in which you live. To learn more about the gun laws in your state, see Gun Control Laws, and click the link to your state under the section entitled “Gun Laws by State”.

But I have a concealed carry permit. May I carry my weapon while intoxicated?

Having a concealed carry permit does not give you free reign to carry your weapon at any time or under every circumstance that you wish. Most permits come with a set of places or circumstances where you may not carry your gun, and one circumstance is usually while you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
This is the case in Tennessee, where as a concealed carry permit holder, you may have your license suspended for up to three years (in addition to fines and possible jail time) for drinking in an establishment that sells liquor while in possession of your firearm.

[FONT=Proxima Nova Rg Regular, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Is it illegal to possess a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs? | Criminal Law[/FONT]

I looked it up.

It is illegal to carry in a bar in Washington state, but I see no mention of it being illegal to carry while drunk.

Gun laws in Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I think it's in Texas where you can carry in bars.
Tennessee
Arizona
Georgia
Virginia

a bunch of other states allow cc in restaurants that serve alcohol

Yes.....wasn't it the Luby's Cafe shooting and Suzanah Gratia Hupp who lost her parent's in the shooting who lobbied the Texas legislature to change the concealed carry law?

She was required by law to leave her gun in her car because Luby's served alcohol.....making it one of the first big cases of a gun free zone becoming a killing zone, when the guy drove his truck through the window and came out of his truck murdering people....including her 2 parents....

She also said had she had her gun, she had a direct opportunity to shoot the guy, but couldn't because the gun free zone disarmed her.....
Lubys in Killeen did not serve alcohol

The fantasy that this woman could have stopped the massacre if only she had her trusty shoot'n iron is an NRA fantasy

Hey twit...you are right....she kept her gun in her car because morons like you made it a possible felony for a law abiding, non criminal citizen to carry a gun. That was back in the 90s......so she had been carrying a gun illegally, without paperwork for months and then decided she didn't want a felony conviction for exercising a Right, and put her gun in her glove compartment....and her parent's died because of it...because of twits like you....

Shooting Survivor Fights For Concealed Weapons

If only she'd had a gun too.

Or maybe just make sure there are armed ushers. And those kids selling candy and soda and "popcorn"? They should be armed.

That way, at the first sound of gun shot, they can rush into the dark theater and mow them down.

What could possible go wrong?

Agree

Problem is there were not enough guns in that theater to respond after the first shot was fired
Bringing concealed weapons into bars and sporting events seems like a really good idea too.

It lowers the violence rate in bars....in Viriginia it lowered it 5.2 percent....

I looked it up.

It is illegal to carry in a bar in Washington state, but I see no mention of it being illegal to carry while drunk.

Gun laws in Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tennessee
Arizona
Georgia
Virginia

Yes.....wasn't it the Luby's Cafe shooting and Suzanah Gratia Hupp who lost her parent's in the shooting who lobbied the Texas legislature to change the concealed carry law?

She was required by law to leave her gun in her car because Luby's served alcohol.....making it one of the first big cases of a gun free zone becoming a killing zone, when the guy drove his truck through the window and came out of his truck murdering people....including her 2 parents....

She also said had she had her gun, she had a direct opportunity to shoot the guy, but couldn't because the gun free zone disarmed her.....

The fantasy that this woman could have stopped the massacre if only she had her trusty shoot'n iron is an NRA fantasy

Hey twit...you are right....she kept her gun in her car because morons like you made it a possible felony for a law abiding, non criminal citizen to carry a gun. That was back in the 90s......so she had been carrying a gun illegally, without paperwork for months and then decided she didn't want a felony conviction for exercising a Right, and put her gun in her glove compartment....and her parent's died because of it...because of twits like you....

Yup......if only I had Ol' Blue I would have sent them bad guys packing
Bam.....there goes a bad guy
Boom..boom....two more bad guys pushing up daisies

Tennessee
Arizona
Georgia
Virginia

Yes....tell that to the woman you twits disarmed and who had to watch her parents die because you guys made it a felony to exercise her right.......then she had to go in, get elected to office and change your stupid law....

Slow down spot...you are confusing yourself. Stop comparing apples to oranges, Gabby was not in a dark crowded theater, your propaganda que card is wrong.
A crowded dark theater full of people with an unknown number of them firing is a recipe for disaster...regardless of how you want to bend common sense.
Here's another asshole who almost got himself and another killed because he substituted his brain with his gun:

"I came out of that store, I clicked the safety off, and I was ready," he explained on Fox and Friends. "I had my hand on my gun. I had it in my jacket pocket here. And I came around the corner like this." Zamudio demonstrated how his shooting hand was wrapped around the weapon, poised to draw and fire. As he rounded the corner, he saw a man holding a gun. "And that's who I at first thought was the shooter," Zamudio recalled. "I told him to 'Drop it, drop it!' "
But the man with the gun wasn't the shooter. He had wrested the gun away from the shooter. "Had you shot that guy, it would have been a big, fat mess," the interviewer pointed out.

The Arizona Daily Star, based on its interview with Zamudio, adds two details to the story. First, upon seeing the man with the gun, Zamudio "grabbed his arm and shoved him into a wall" before realizing he wasn't the shooter. And second, one reason why Zamudio didn't pull out his own weapon was that "he didn't want to be confused as a second gunman."
This is a much more dangerous picture than has generally been reported. Zamudio had released his safety and was poised to fire when he saw what he thought was the killer still holding his weapon. Zamudio had a split second to decide whether to shoot. He was sufficiently convinced of the killer's identity to shove the man into a wall. But Zamudio didn't use his gun. That's how close he came to killing an innocent man. He was, as he acknowledges, "very lucky."

Yeah....and notice the whole point.....he didn't shoot.....let me repeat that again twit.......he came out and did not shoot the guy he thought was the shooter, he calmly disarmed him....and let me repeat....in the midst of the chaos of a political meet and greet with people running away from the shooter, he sees someone with a gun who could be the shooter.......and did not shoot him...

This shows that you are wrong.....he did not shoot even in the midst of all that chaos with an actual shooter on the loose....he reacted responsibly and took care of the situation....and did not shoot the other guy......

Everything he did shows that you are wrong...he took into account the situation, did not increase the problem and had the guy been the shooter he would have dealt with him...

So how does this post in any way support your point?
The Arizona Daily Star, based on its interview with Zamudio, adds two details to the story. First, upon seeing the man with the gun, Zamudio "grabbed his arm and shoved him into a wall" before realizing he wasn't the shooter.

Yes, very calmly...lol....you idiot, a gun is no excuse for you to be this stupid.
Stupid people like you would do as this idiot did, walk around with his finger on the trigger and assume the first person he saw with a gun must be the criminal, he failed to shoot, not as claim, was due to hos calm under pressure, it was because he thought some other idiot like himself and you with a finger on the trigger might blow him away.

His stupidity drew a lucky break that day and you claim it was due to his superior situational awareness.
Stop masturbating to firearms...they can't stroke you back.
[/FONT]

What part of the story is just not getting through to you....you claimed that concealed carry gun owners would just start blazing away and no one would know who was who and bullets would be flying.

You point to this guy at the Giffords shooting to make your point....but you simply show there were two concealed carry shooters....both of them had their guns ready to go...assessed the situation, and neither one of them started blasting away, they both decided not to shoot which was the appropriate thing to do....

They did the right thing in both cases, which completely negates the point you were trying to make.

He wasn't stupid, neither of them was, they both did the right thing in the middle of chaos, which you said was not possible for normal people in that situation.

Pick your examples better because this one proves you wrong...twice.
You are the type that is either too stupid to comprehend a news article or simply afraid to admit your stance lacks common sense.
First, I claimed nothing happened in a theatre, if you have to lie in order to prop up your tactless position so be it.
Secondly an idiot with his finger on the trigger ready to shoot the wrong man and then assaulting the wrong man is a rational course of action in your deluded mind.
There are venues where you can pretend to be a wild west gun slinger, stop endangering sane people with your stupidity.
You can call people wrong all you want while your arguments amount to two plus two equals three.

Twit.....you are the one who said normal people can't handle themselves in a mass shooting event, then you post the story where two concealed carriers are on the scene of a mass shooting, the both assessed the situation and did not shoot because they didn't have to.........you are the twit.....
Again...FIRST YOU LIED!!!! and claimed something I absolutely did not state.
If you must resort to lies, you have already lost.

Any idiot including you that thinks it's a good idea to run into a situation with finger on the trigger, ready to shoot and innocent man and then assaulting him is the prudent manner to engage the situation speaks for itself.
If I did not have 35 years of proper training, experience and intelligence, I may very well be making statements as stupid as yours.
Thank God I received proper training.

Yeah....and notice the whole point.....he didn't shoot.....let me repeat that again twit.......he came out and did not shoot the guy he thought was the shooter, he calmly disarmed him....and let me repeat....in the midst of the chaos of a political meet and greet with people running away from the shooter, he sees someone with a gun who could be the shooter.......and did not shoot him...

This shows that you are wrong.....he did not shoot even in the midst of all that chaos with an actual shooter on the loose....he reacted responsibly and took care of the situation....and did not shoot the other guy......

Everything he did shows that you are wrong...he took into account the situation, did not increase the problem and had the guy been the shooter he would have dealt with him...

The Arizona Daily Star, based on its interview with Zamudio, adds two details to the story. First, upon seeing the man with the gun, Zamudio "grabbed his arm and shoved him into a wall" before realizing he wasn't the shooter.

Yes, very calmly...lol....you idiot, a gun is no excuse for you to be this stupid.
Stupid people like you would do as this idiot did, walk around with his finger on the trigger and assume the first person he saw with a gun must be the criminal, he failed to shoot, not as claim, was due to hos calm under pressure, it was because he thought some other idiot like himself and you with a finger on the trigger might blow him away.

His stupidity drew a lucky break that day and you claim it was due to his superior situational awareness.
[/FONT]

What part of the story is just not getting through to you....you claimed that concealed carry gun owners would just start blazing away and no one would know who was who and bullets would be flying.

You point to this guy at the Giffords shooting to make your point....but you simply show there were two concealed carry shooters....both of them had their guns ready to go...assessed the situation, and neither one of them started blasting away, they both decided not to shoot which was the appropriate thing to do....

They did the right thing in both cases, which completely negates the point you were trying to make.

He wasn't stupid, neither of them was, they both did the right thing in the middle of chaos, which you said was not possible for normal people in that situation.

You are the type that is either too stupid to comprehend a news article or simply afraid to admit your stance lacks common sense.
First, I claimed nothing happened in a theatre, if you have to lie in order to prop up your tactless position so be it.
Secondly an idiot with his finger on the trigger ready to shoot the wrong man and then assaulting the wrong man is a rational course of action in your deluded mind.
There are venues where you can pretend to be a wild west gun slinger, stop endangering sane people with your stupidity.
You can call people wrong all you want while your arguments amount to two plus two equals three.

Twit.....you are the one who said normal people can't handle themselves in a mass shooting event, then you post the story where two concealed carriers are on the scene of a mass shooting, the both assessed the situation and did not shoot because they didn't have to.........you are the twit.....

Any idiot including you that thinks it's a good idea to run into a situation with finger on the trigger, ready to shoot and innocent man and then assaulting him is the prudent manner to engage the situation speaks for itself.
If I did not have 35 years of proper training, experience and intelligence, I may very well be making statements as stupid as yours.

again, twit.....you said that normal people would simply start shooting and that it would be chaos...not me. You then took my example of the Gabby Giffords shooting, thinking I hadn't done my research, and tried to make your point.....and then I showed that you were wrong...twice......there were two concealed carry gun owners on site when the shooting happened....both of them assessed the situation and since they had no reason to fire, even in all the chaos of a mass public shooting, neither one of them fired their weapon. They did the exact opposite of what you claim would happen and showed that you have no idea what you are talking about.

[/FONT]

You are such a twit...

ready to shoot and innocent man and then assaulting him is the prudent manner to engage the situation speaks for itself.

Zamudia enters a mass shooting area, and sees a man pointing a gun....the guy with the gun isn't shooting, so Zamudia, not seeing any other threat, disarms the guy without shooting him, just to be safe, and since Zamudia also had a gun ready to go, he chose not to fire the weapon because after assessing the situation there was no need to shoot........he disarmed a possible threat, not by shooting him, as you say normal people would do, and simply disarmed him to be safe.....neither of them shot anyone....and the situation was under control....

You were wrong and this is an actual example of a big, public, mass shooting event with multiple people shot and killed, a crowd of people running around wild....and the two normal gun owners acted responsibly in the middle of all of that chaos....

You are such a twit.

[/FONT]

Yeah......video games don't count twit.

[/FONT]

again, twit.....you said that normal people would simply start shooting and that it would be chaos...not me. You then took my example of the Gabby Giffords shooting, thinking I hadn't done my research, and tried to make your point.....and then I showed that you were wrong...twice......there were two concealed carry gun owners on site when the shooting happened....both of them assessed the situation and since they had no reason to fire, even in all the chaos of a mass public shooting, neither one of them fired their weapon. They did the exact opposite of what you claim would happen and showed that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Repeating the same lines won't make your stupidity simply vanish.
You are a liar first and foremost, then you stated that a man with his finger on the trigger of a loaded gun, ignorant of the specifics of a situation engaged the wrong man and then physically assaulted him was the proper actions to take.
I can call you stupid all day and be correct; however your own statements put the question to rest.
Maybe when you grow up and receive competent training you will stop posting such childish statements AND stop using lies as an attempt at a rebuttal.

Last edited:

You are a liar first and foremost, then you stated that a man with his finger on the trigger of a loaded gun, ignorant of the specifics of a situation engaged the wrong man and then physically assaulted him was the proper actions to take.
I can call you stupid all day and be correct; however your own statements put the question to rest.
Maybe when you grow up and receive competent training you will stop posting such childish statements AND stop using lies as an attempt at a rebuttal.

:lame2: Double :lame2:

:lame2: Double :lame2:
Says the idiot too stupid to know to keep your finger off the trigger and don't dive blindly into an armed situation...

Another 2aguy follower saving lives. Hope she lives and sues this clown for a lot of money.

Fuck you twit.....you morons are the ones who create the gun free killing zones and keep letting the convicted felons caught with guns go free......

Why is that?

Killing zones? If this theater had been gun free and your gun buddy followed the law nobody would be shot. You see gun free zones protect people from accidental shootings.

I've never let a felon go free...

Our jails are the fullest in the world.

Good job preaching guns to this guy, you are making the world safer.

Tennessee
Arizona
Georgia
Virginia

Yes....tell that to the woman you twits disarmed and who had to watch her parents die because you guys made it a felony to exercise her right.......then she had to go in, get elected to office and change your stupid law....

Tell this woman and her family she was shot in the theater because guns make us safer.

If only she'd had a gun too.

Or maybe just make sure there are armed ushers. And those kids selling candy and soda and "popcorn"? They should be armed.

That way, at the first sound of gun shot, they can rush into the dark theater and mow them down.

What could possible go wrong?

Can I still say "LMAO"? High, high cyber-five, Luddly.

Man's gun goes off in theater, hits woman

The incident happened shortly after 8 p.m. PT at the Regal Cinemas at The Landing in Renton.

According to Renton police, a man who appeared intoxicated went to the showing of 13 Hours. Police say the man walked inside the theater with a gun and "accidentally" discharged his weapon, hitting a woman in the theater.

The woman was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle in critical condition, according to firefighters

"
The suspect told detectives the shooting was an accident that took place when he dropped his gun inside the theater. The man reportedly said the gun discharged when it fell to the ground. He also said he'd been drinking before the shooting took place."""

Where is the NRA to defend one of their humble minions?

Very sad. Sounds like a drunken fool.

I hope the woman survives.

I worry a lot about drunken fools who are driving.

We take away their driving license

What do we do with armed drunks?

Well, this guy is facing charges, but once he gets out, I could see him losing any carry permits.

Even if no one had been injured, drunkenly dropping your gun and having it discharge, which is unusual to say the least, shows very poor responsibility and judgement.

The civil suit she could file would put this guy in the poor house for the rest of his life. But I'm sure the NRA would send him monthly stipends and some gold star stickers.

The incident happened shortly after 8 p.m. PT at the Regal Cinemas at The Landing in Renton.

According to Renton police, a man who appeared intoxicated went to the showing of 13 Hours. Police say the man walked inside the theater with a gun and "accidentally" discharged his weapon, hitting a woman in the theater.

The woman was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle in critical condition, according to firefighters

"
The suspect told detectives the shooting was an accident that took place when he dropped his gun inside the theater. The man reportedly said the gun discharged when it fell to the ground. He also said he'd been drinking before the shooting took place."""

They will condemn him as not a typical gun owner on one hand and then defend the rights of drunks to continue to be armed on the other

Another 2aguy follower saving lives. Hope she lives and sues this clown for a lot of money.

Fuck you twit.....you morons are the ones who create the gun free killing zones and keep letting the convicted felons caught with guns go free......

Why is that?

Killing zones? If this theater had been gun free and your gun buddy followed the law nobody would be shot. You see gun free zones protect people from accidental shootings.

I've never let a felon go free...

Our jails are the fullest in the world.

Good job preaching guns to this guy, you are making the world safer.

Moron...

Regal theaters in my area are gun free. I will contact the national chain and ask them about the Renton one. And this guy was drunk, breaking the law by carrying a gun while drunk, drunk in public and who knows how he got to the theater and we don't even know if he was carrying the gun legally, originally before he started breaking the law

Like your average twit, you claim a gun free zone would keep this guy from bringing a gun into it.....only someone with a child like level of emotional and reasoning ability would believe that.

And this probable gun free zone didn't keep that woman safe....and the gun free zone at the Colorado theater didn't keep those people safe either....

So keep creating gun free killing zones...one day normal people may come to realize how stupid and un safe gun free zones are.

By voting in democrats, who then appoint soft on gun crime prosecutors and judges and by creating legal gun free zones you are doing far more to get innocent people killed ....and on top of that you and your allies in the gun control movement fight tooth and nail to keep gun safety education out of the schools where it might just save the lives of children....

Again, you think like a child.....try to grow up.

"

They aren't the ones who defend criminals....you democrats do.....considering your support for every violent thug out there and the continued policy of not prosecuting actual gun criminals....

Tell this woman and her family she was shot in the theater because guns make us safer.

13 million people carry guns for self defense....this guy was not legally carrying that gun...so he isn't even in that 13 million.

Guns are used 1.5 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives, according to bill clinton and barak obama.....

Guns are used by violent criminals 8,124 times a year in an illegal act to commit murder.......

So, 1.5 million defensive uses vs. 8,124 times to commit murder, the majority of which are criminals shooting other criminals....

you are wrong.

Forum List

Back