Army Chief of Staff says that military base gun free zones work...since help is only 8 minutes away

The muslim attack on Fort Hood....took 10 minutes....

2009 Fort Hood shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On November 5, 2009, a mass shooting took place at Fort Hood, near Killeen, Texas.[1]Nidal Hasan, a U.S. Army major and psychiatrist, fatally shot 13 people and injured more than 30 others.[2][3] The shooting produced more casualties than any other on an American military base.[4][5]

Yeah....gun free military bases is a great idea....I wonder if the General has a body guard armed with a gun following him around?

He probably has to oppose them carrying weapons on bases. With all the diversity, someone's going to crack up.

He probably has to oppose them carrying weapons on bases. With all the diversity, someone's going to crack up.

They can already crack up........nothing stops a nut from getting a gun on the base right now....this only keeps non-nuts from defending themselves.

Wow! And how many did the terrorist major kill and wound again? Waaaay beyond nuts.

On November 5, 2009, a mass shooting took place at Fort Hood, near Killeen, Texas.[1]Nidal Hasan, a U.S. Army major and psychiatrist, fatally shot 13 people and injured more than 30 others.[2][3] The shooting produced more casualties than any other on an American military base.[4][5]

Yeah....gun free military bases is a great idea....I wonder if the General has a body guard armed with a gun following him around?
Well, if I had to take someone's opinion on this, I'd trust the General, the Army Chief of Staff, over civilians like me or you with no actual knowledge of military bases or what the issues are. If the Army Chief of Staff doesn't want them armed, he's got a reason. It's not to keep Obama happy; the bases got "disarmed" in 1992 under HW Bush.

Well, if I had to take someone's opinion on this, I'd trust the General, the Army Chief of Staff, over civilians like me or you with no actual knowledge of military bases or what the issues are.

Common sense requires no military service.

If the Army Chief of Staff doesn't want them armed, he's got a reason. It's not to keep Obama happy

It is to keep Obama happy.

the bases got "disarmed" in 1992 under HW Bush.

An equally bone-headed decision, and this is not 1992.

Well, if I had to take someone's opinion on this, I'd trust the General, the Army Chief of Staff, over civilians like me or you with no actual knowledge of military bases or what the issues are.

If the Army Chief of Staff doesn't want them armed, he's got a reason. It's not to keep Obama happy

Sez you. I'll still trust the General. I could care less if bases allow guns or not, btw, but HW had a reason and so does the Army Chief of Staff. You'd blame Obama for toe fungus if you could.

Sez you. I'll still trust the General. I could care less if bases allow guns or not, btw, but HW had a reason and so does the Army Chief of Staff. You'd blame Obama for toe fungus if you could.

I would not doubt such a discovery.

It's kind of weird that that the military doesn't trust soldiers to carry guns. Isn't that their job?

It's kind of weird that that the military doesn't trust soldiers to carry guns. Isn't that their job?
That's why it doesn't concern me if military bases want to allow soldiers to have their personal guns. A friend of mine has a son-in-law who came back from an overseas tour pretty messed up--PTSD but not immediately apparent--and for the first time in their 15+ years of marriage, he started beating his wife, was drinking heavy, etc.. It took a lot of work and a lot of support to get him back with both feet on the ground. I wonder if PTSD or just the way soldiers are trained to dehumanize the enemy has anything to do with it.

Obwana has shown no mercy to any brass that doesn't toe his line. He's ruined dozens of distinguished careers in his 7 years in office.

From what I have seen of men claiming PTSD, they beat their wives and abuse their children because they want to. Then they blame PTSD. Or they developed a taste for drugs and beat their families because they are high. Then they blame PTSD for the drug abuse.

In either case, PTSD is an excuse not a real condition.

From what I have seen of men claiming PTSD, they beat their wives and abuse their children because they want to. Then they blame PTSD. Or they developed a taste for drugs and beat their families because they are high. Then they blame PTSD for the drug abuse.

In either case, PTSD is an excuse not a real condition.
Used as a catch-all for a lot of stuff, I agree, but real PTSD exists. Men react to anxiety and depression very differently than most women. So suddenly becoming abusive and self-medicating can be a symptom of a real issue that has been choked back and allowed to blossom into a real MESS in their subconscious. Tough guys have to be tough until they very messily explode all over everything.

8 minutes. Sandy Hook....was over in less than 5 minutes and 26 children were murdered because no one on campus was armed.......

The Army Chief of Staff is a nut...

Army Chief of Staff General Mark Milley says 8 minute response time in mass public shootings is "adequate" and "pretty quick," opposes letting soldiers carry weapons on military bases - Crime Prevention Research Center

Trump needs to fire EVERYBODY who was hired by Obama, every single fucking one of them

Well, if I had to take someone's opinion on this, I'd trust the General, the Army Chief of Staff, over civilians like me or you with no actual knowledge of military bases or what the issues are. If the Army Chief of Staff doesn't want them armed, he's got a reason. It's not to keep Obama happy; the bases got "disarmed" in 1992 under HW Bush.

He was wrong too.......Which army Chief of Staff...the one appointed by obama...wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him...

He was wrong too.......Which army Chief of Staff...the one appointed by obama...wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him...
Your arrogance is quite impressive.

Forum List

Back