Arpaio again asks judge to halt civil-contempt hearing

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Chief Deputy Jerry Sheridan have made another attempt to skirt a looming civil-contempt hearing, scheduled to begin in just more than a week.

In a motion filed Friday afternoon, the officials appealed to U.S. District Judge G. Murray Snow's personal concerns, promising that a $100,000 contribution to a civil-rights organization would come directly from Arpaio's and Sheridan's pockets.

Snow had asked for this guarantee last month when discussing the possibility of calling off the hearing. Days before, Arpaio admitted he violated several of Snow's orders, and he has already petitioned the judge to issue a finding of civil contempt based on those admissions.

The orders resulted from a 2007 class-action civil-rights case that alleges the Sheriff's Office's immigration sweeps amounted to discriminatory policing against Latinos.

I want the video taped confession!

Old Joes has got on foot in the grave at 82 the hearse is waiting and ready to go get him

Guno.........only the good die young.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Chief Deputy Jerry Sheridan have made another attempt to skirt a looming civil-contempt hearing, scheduled to begin in just more than a week.

In a motion filed Friday afternoon, the officials appealed to U.S. District Judge G. Murray Snow's personal concerns, promising that a $100,000 contribution to a civil-rights organization would come directly from Arpaio's and Sheridan's pockets.

Snow had asked for this guarantee last month when discussing the possibility of calling off the hearing. Days before, Arpaio admitted he violated several of Snow's orders, and he has already petitioned the judge to issue a finding of civil contempt based on those admissions.

The orders resulted from a 2007 class-action civil-rights case that alleges the Sheriff's Office's immigration sweeps amounted to discriminatory policing against Latinos.

A bribe?

A bribe?

That's what it looks like. But, I would rather see them pay out of pocket than having Maricopa County pay for the fund.

I take that back--I would rather see the man in prison but it's not related to this.

Forum List

Back