Looks Like Trump's pardon of Arpaio may backfire.

A Judge Just Gave Trump And Arpaio Bad News About Pardon

Last week, President Trump tried to use the cover of Hurricane Harvey to deflect attention away from his abrupt pardon of notorious racist and human rights abuser Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
But instead of having the whole affair slip under the radar, Trump and the Justice Department are now looking at a protracted and very public legal fight, according to the*Arizona Central.
While District Judge Susan Bolton has approved the request to throw out Arpaio’s sentencing hearing, she’s not letting him walk away so easily.
This morning, Bolton ordered that the Department of Justice file a memo and scheduled a hearing for October 4th where the Trump team must publicly argue why a man who was so racist he was convicted of criminal contempt of court for refusing to end his discriminatory racial profiling policies deserves to walk free.
The state of Arizona will have their own chance to argue why Arpaio should*not*be pardoned, allowing them to publicly, and in great detail, list the full extent of the heinous crimes and misdeeds of Sheriff Joe Arpaio, which include running what he refers to as a concentration camp, torturing his inmates, forcing a woman to give birth in shackles, and refusing to investigate sex crimes against Latina children.

So, instead of just quietly pardoning a man who supported his campaign bid, Trump has insured that the reputation of Sheriff Pink Panties will, forever, be publicly, and completely obliterated. I mean, don't get me wrong. The pardon will clearly stand, ultimately. However, before that, all of Arpaio's dirty laundry gets publicly aired in court, and made a matter of the permanent public record.
Oops...
Judge can do that, huh? I predict a very, very big tweet storm coming.
Yeah. Actually a judge can.
No, a judge can't defy a presidential pardon. She also can't order the Dept of Justice to file anything in connection with a Pardon.

Really, post the points and authority which deny the local court the ability to pursue civil penalties for a criminal action. Keep in mind - if you have one - OJ, and how once found guilty later was found culpable in a different venue.

Last edited:
Lol a President can pardon anyone without of a federal crime, esp a erroneous political charges crime like this one, without having to explain himself

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

A Judge Just Gave Trump And Arpaio Bad News About Pardon

Last week, President Trump tried to use the cover of Hurricane Harvey to deflect attention away from his abrupt pardon of notorious racist and human rights abuser Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
But instead of having the whole affair slip under the radar, Trump and the Justice Department are now looking at a protracted and very public legal fight, according to the*Arizona Central.
While District Judge Susan Bolton has approved the request to throw out Arpaio’s sentencing hearing, she’s not letting him walk away so easily.
This morning, Bolton ordered that the Department of Justice file a memo and scheduled a hearing for October 4th where the Trump team must publicly argue why a man who was so racist he was convicted of criminal contempt of court for refusing to end his discriminatory racial profiling policies deserves to walk free.
The state of Arizona will have their own chance to argue why Arpaio should*not*be pardoned, allowing them to publicly, and in great detail, list the full extent of the heinous crimes and misdeeds of Sheriff Joe Arpaio, which include running what he refers to as a concentration camp, torturing his inmates, forcing a woman to give birth in shackles, and refusing to investigate sex crimes against Latina children.

So, instead of just quietly pardoning a man who supported his campaign bid, Trump has insured that the reputation of Sheriff Pink Panties will, forever, be publicly, and completely obliterated. I mean, don't get me wrong. The pardon will clearly stand, ultimately. However, before that, all of Arpaio's dirty laundry gets publicly aired in court, and made a matter of the permanent public record.
Oops...
Judge can do that, huh? I predict a very, very big tweet storm coming.
Yeah. Actually a judge can.
No, a judge can't defy a presidential pardon. She also can't order the Dept of Justice to file anything in connection with a Pardon.

Really, post the points and authority which deny the local court the ability to pursue civil penalties for a criminal action. Keep in mind - if you have one - OJ, and how once found guilty later was found culpable in a different venue.

Constitution of the United States:

The President ... shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

Forum List

Back