As a Brit, if I emigrated to America, you guys have taught me....

The Mid-South is lovely. Tennessee, North Carolina, especially near the larger cities like Nashville, Knoxville, Raleigh. Cities are a little more liberal than the country areas but nothing like CA or NYC.

However, you have to reckon with hot and humid summers. And by hot I don't mean 80 F. I mean the kind of humidity you have to wade through. Because the UK is an island, you have changeable weather in terms of rain, etc, but we have wild swings of temperatures here. Continental climate means very cold winters and hot summers. And tornadoes.

Also, I live in Michigan. Northern MI is absolutely stunning, but the winters are very snowy and long. Last year Traverse City got ten FEET of snow. Yes, FEET.
Anywhere upto 12c (53f) is good for me. Been to Raleigh and Kenly NC couple of times, a relative off my mother's side had emigrated there early 1900's.

All States have large cities with nice wealthy areas and also have poor areas with lots of crime and areas not safe for you to go park a newer rental car loaded with luggage as you go sightseeing on foot.

Yes you can get robbed and killed. Even stopping at a 7-11 for a Diet Coke in big cities. Less so along Interstate highways or most smaller towns.

Every Big city is infected with woke DEM communist rule. So stay to tourist (richer) areas and your odds to survive go way way up.

There are no RED or BLUE states. Just big cities (All DEM) and suburbs or rural small town with farming all around. The least populous states may be different and safer in the craphole bigger cities? Wyoming? Montana? Dakotas?

Forum List

Back