Article: Why Are Conservatives Happier Than Liberals?

Looking around this particular board, I would add in stupidity.

They believe what they are told and not what is observable.
They have the attention span of an electron and even after having their asses handed to them on Monday will come back with the same stupidity on Tuesday.

The article states this is about as settled science as science can be. Many theories are put forth, but from experience, I'll go with "neuroticism".

All of the possible explanations made some sense to me. In the last year, I kept wondering why Democrats (grouping used as representative of our present-day cultural divide) have such negative viewpoints, and arrived at a vague but seemingly accurate viewpoint. Many Leftists don't perceive an underlying order and meaning to life.

As an independent, I've never adopted a partisan ideology but mostly voted for moderate Democrats until the Far Left took over that party in recent years. Since 2020 I've become anti-Democrat. So, I wondered, why do I not relate to the characteristics I'm seeing in today's Democrats?

I think it's because I believe in a underlying order and meaning in life. I think I developed a perspective that has withstood life's trials and tribulations, and experiences, observations and science have repeatedly confirmed that perspective.

I have no interest in tattoos and piercings because it would be marring the amazing body we're given. I have no interest in hating America because it ignores the goodness of the people, institutions and contributions to the world. I have no interest in promoting queerness while condemning straight sexuality because natural behavior leads to harmony and continuation of our species. I have no interest in indoctrinating small children with perversion and hate because they are happiest and healthiest when they see good and wholesomeness in their world. I have no interest in Marxism, "equity" or minority privileges because American capitalism offers opportunity and freedom not available in authoritarian social engineering.

I think Democrats are tormented because they have angst-filled lives. Like a child in a single-parent home without plenty of love, attention, order, discipline and security, they act out. In doing so they create problems for everyone else sharing our national environment.

Seems to me, and this is my non scientific mind working, but it seems to me that if marriage makes one happier the divorce rate wouldn't be so high.

"28. For instance, the groups with the most prolific experience of marriages ending in divorce are downscale adults (adults making less than $20,000
annually) (39 percent), Baby Boomers (38 percent), those aligned with a non-Christian faith (38 percent), African-Americans (36 percent), and people who consider themselves
to be liberal on social and political matters (37 percent).

29. Among the population segments with the lowest likelihood of having been divorced subsequent to marriage are Catholics (28 percent), evangelicals (26 percent),
upscale adults (adults making more than $75000 annually) (22 percent), Asians (20 percent) and those who deem themselves to be conservative on social and
political matters (28%)."

Divorce Statistics and Facts | What Affects Divorce Rates in the U.S.?

Liberals are full of hate and greed and that tends to make anyone miserable.

In addition most of them are dumber than doorknobs about Economics, History, Biology, Climate Science, Ethics and the Constitution and that tends to make them even more miserable.

Then of course you have the real dumbasses that contracted the mental illness of Trump Derangement Syndrome. That mental illness makes the Moon Bats miserable as hell.

Then on top of all of that most Liberals are queers, transsexuals, druggies, ghetto scum or on welfare.

Seems to me, and this is my non scientific mind working, but it seems to me that if marriage makes one happier the divorce rate wouldn't be so high.
I agree wholeheartedly that you have a non-scientific mind.

I disagree just as vehemently that it ever actually works.

Liberals are full of hate and greed and that tends to make anyone miserable.

In addition most of them are dumber than doorknobs about Economics, History, Biology, Climate Science, Ethics and the Constitution and that tends to make them even more miserable.

Then of course you have the real dumbasses that contracted the mental illness of Trump Derangement Syndrome. That mental illness makes the Moon Bats miserable as hell.

Then on top of all of that most Liberals are queers, transsexuals, druggies, ghetto scum or on welfare.
Really, how many years have you been on the Dean's list?

"28. For instance, the groups with the most prolific experience of marriages ending in divorce are downscale adults (adults making less than $20,000
annually) (39 percent), Baby Boomers (38 percent), those aligned with a non-Christian faith (38 percent), African-Americans (36 percent), and people who consider themselves
to be liberal on social and political matters (37 percent).

29. Among the population segments with the lowest likelihood of having been divorced subsequent to marriage are Catholics (28 percent), evangelicals (26 percent),
upscale adults (adults making more than $75000 annually) (22 percent), Asians (20 percent) and those who deem themselves to be conservative on social and
political matters (28%)."

Divorce Statistics and Facts | What Affects Divorce Rates in the U.S.?
I'm pretty sure the demographic least likely to marry in the first place and to have children outside of wedlock would be Africans, too.

I'm already happy. I run my own business. I enjoy my work, I go out with friends and have fun. Why would I possibly need you feeling like a miserable failure to feel happy about myself?

It's not about me.

Stupid things are happy. Look at a dog. Dumb as a fucking Trumper but dogs are happy as a pig in shit.

Conservatives think they live on a flat earth where the environment can take anything you pour into it and that any issues are a result of someone else’s problem. How the hell can you not be happy in that world?

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPTTTTT! :auiqs.jpg:

You look at this board as an example?????
Not only are conservatives more miserable than liberals, they're downright angry and enraged...like all the time. I don't know any liberal or progressive who is angry all the time.
They are passionate. They want to see things change and not stay the same.

LOL. Follow some of the links and it actually says, "Maybe conservatives think they are more happy than liberals".

Did I say this board?

Do you not trust the science?

They're not happier. Conservatives just lie and say they're happy. Look at this board. Do the whining conservatives here come across as "happy" to anyone? No. They come across as being the most miserable people to ever exist.

It's a cult thing.

The cult tells the cultists that all those in cult must be happy.

In the mind of the cultist, that means they can't be a good cultist unless they're happy.

Since appearing as a good cultist is the most important thing in their life, they automatically lie and say how happy they are.

Oh look a liberal who doesn't Trust the Science

Forum List

Back