Article: Why Are Conservatives Happier Than Liberals?

There are precious few liberals left in society. The vast majority of people who call themselves liberal are ultra-conformist authoritarians who wouldn't recognize a liberal principle if it was a two by four clobbering them over the head.

As to why LEFTISTS are miserable, just look at the sales pitch of the Democrat party. It tells people that they are victims, that there are people oppressing them, and that the reason they are being oppressed is due to the color of their skin, their ethnicity, their gender, their sexuality, their weight -- anything that can be exploited to create grievance. Once they sow the seeds of resentment, they posit themselves as the answer to such as that great equalizer that will step in and vanquish those bad meanies who are keeping them down. Of course, they never actually do anything to improve miserable people's lives since keeping them miserable is the very mechanism they use to obtain power over them.

People who are happy and content simply do not fall for the sales pitch.

I never think today's liberals are really liberal. They identify this way, so just to get them to keep reading, I use that.

Otherwise, I agree with all of this.

I have found that liberals/Leftists rarely seem grateful. IMO gratitude is life-changing.

Stupid things are happy. Look at a dog. Dumb as a fucking Trumper but dogs are happy as a pig in shit.

Conservatives think they live on a flat earth where the environment can take anything you pour into it and that any issues are a result of someone else’s problem. How the hell can you not be happy in that world?

Yes, all the smart people are miserable and make everyone else miserable too.

That's what they used to call a "hot take"

All of the possible explanations made some sense to me. In the last year, I kept wondering why Democrats (grouping used as representative of our present-day cultural divide) have such negative viewpoints, and arrived at a vague but seemingly accurate viewpoint. Many Leftists don't perceive an underlying order and meaning to life.

As an independent, I've never adopted a partisan ideology but mostly voted for moderate Democrats until the Far Left took over that party in recent years. Since 2020 I've become anti-Democrat. So, I wondered, why do I not relate to the characteristics I'm seeing in today's Democrats?

I think it's because I believe in a underlying order and meaning in life. I think I developed a perspective that has withstood life's trials and tribulations, and experiences, observations and science have repeatedly confirmed that perspective.

I have no interest in tattoos and piercings because it would be marring the amazing body we're given. I have no interest in hating America because it ignores the goodness of the people, institutions and contributions to the world. I have no interest in promoting queerness while condemning straight sexuality because natural behavior leads to harmony and continuation of our species. I have no interest in indoctrinating small children with perversion and hate because they are happiest and healthiest when they see good and wholesomeness in their world. I have no interest in Marxism, "equity" or minority privileges because American capitalism offers opportunity and freedom not available in authoritarian social engineering.

I think Democrats are tormented because they have angst-filled lives. Like a child in a single-parent home without plenty of love, attention, order, discipline and security, they act out. In doing so they create problems for everyone else sharing our national environment.

Great post. Welcome. I left "liberalism"/Democrats in the mid-90s and never looked back. Not saying you're conservative, but you should know that if you're not a Democrat, today's Dems will consider that you are.

I'm already happy. I run my own business. I enjoy my work, I go out with friends and have fun. Why would I possibly need you feeling like a miserable failure to feel happy about myself?

This and 100% this. Some people are just geared to look at their life and see or find abundance, and others, to see or find lack.

As for me: I'll start with this. Two of the very best men I have ever known are my father and my husband. Already blessed beyond blessed. I could stop there, actually. How is a woman set up better than that?

But you can add:

My children, job, home, the fact that I had real health troubles about 10 years ago but am feeling great now. Etc etc and etc etc. Blessing on blessing.

Great post. Welcome. I left "liberalism"/Democrats in the mid-90s and never looked back. Not saying you're conservative, but you should know that if you're not a Democrat, today's Dems will consider that you are.
Yeah, I encounter that a lot. I haven't really changed, it's the Democrats that have — from moderate to Far Left. My views are the same but find my views now more align with conservatives opposition to Democrats soliciting foreigners to illegally mass invade this country; to Democrats hating, slandering and attacking the American people, historically the most diverse and inclusive on this Earth; to Democrats immoral lies they coordinate with major media; to Democrats promoting and privileging queers and blacks above other citizens; to Democrats imposing on society their radical black and radical queer political agendas; and to Democrats indoctrinating young school children with racist hate and queer sex! I also am very offended by Democrats mob attacks and cancel culture violating the First Amendment right of free speech.

Without a partisan ideology, my interest is in Truth and Good. I'm also love America and am patriotic. I'm proud of the history of America and Western culture. Oh, and I have a kink for wholesomeness.

A few things have changed in just the last two years. I've abandoned my lifelong virtue-signaling. Once I recognized that I exhibited that shallow arrogance, I stopped it. I now no limber think blacks are victims, but instead, now I think many of them are aggressors harming this nation with lies, hate and anti-white racism. Also new is that I now think immigration should have restrictions favoring those from Western cultural backgrounds.

In comparison to Far Left Democrats, most conservatives are now the good guys.

Last edited:
You don't sound happy.
Even people who are generally satisfied with their lives can express unhappiness about certain issues. I am livid about the way our political leaders treat our once-beautiful lakes. :mad:

Other than that I'm pretty happy. :)

Stupid things are happy. Look at a dog. Dumb as a fucking Trumper but dogs are happy as a pig in shit.

Conservatives think they live on a flat earth where the environment can take anything you pour into it and that any issues are a result of someone else’s problem. How the hell can you not be happy in that world?
'Conservatives' who think and behave that way are actually...liberals.:omg:

Even people who are generally satisfied with their lives can express unhappiness about certain issues. I am livid about the way our political leaders treat our once-beautiful lakes. :mad:

Other than that I'm pretty happy. :)
Me too, I have a good time every day just being alive....

science says that the earth's climate has never been constant
science also says that there are only two genders
climatechangejkshdakjshkjasdh.gif

Because making up fake reasons to be miserable makes them happy.

Yes, it's perverse. But then, conservatives are perverse.

But we know what women are.

You clods don't

DURRRR

Forum List

Back