Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Artist wars

Invisibleflash

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2019
Born L.A.-NYC is 2nd home-Rustbelt is home base
Crazy stuff. What is next?

Anish Kapoor Banned from Rivalā€™s Art Store as Color Feud Escalates

A new art store opened this weekend in Londonā€™s posh Mayfair district, offering premium paints and pigments to anyone, except for world-renowned artist Anish Kapoor. A security guard equipped with a photo of Kapoor is posted at the shopā€™s door at all times to ensure he doesnā€™t get in. All shoppers are required to sign a disclaimer certifying that they are not affiliated with Kapoor or there to buy paint on his behalf.

Crazy stuff. What is next?

Anish Kapoor Banned from Rivalā€™s Art Store as Color Feud Escalates

A new art store opened this weekend in Londonā€™s posh Mayfair district, offering premium paints and pigments to anyone, except for world-renowned artist Anish Kapoor. A security guard equipped with a photo of Kapoor is posted at the shopā€™s door at all times to ensure he doesnā€™t get in. All shoppers are required to sign a disclaimer certifying that they are not affiliated with Kapoor or there to buy paint on his behalf.

Wow. Ok, so I had to lookup this nimrod. Anish Kapoor is world renowned? His stuff looks like crap. I would have to hire a junk removal firm, to deal with his 'art'.

Whatever....

I'm a bit amused that the rival doesn't want him in his store. Would you not WANT your rival to use your store?

Couldn't you say "My rival uses my stuff to make his work"? Or "I'll take my rivals money! I'll take every dollar he gives me!"?

If the person who is my competitor wants to give me their money, I'll take it. Why not? And the "He's only that good, because he uses my supplies" is a great tag line if true.

I don't get this. I certainly wouldn't pay my money, just to keep out a rival. I'm going to lose money over this? For what?

Seriously, does he really think Kapoor is going to show up? Come on.....

Petty bitterness always destroys the person engaged in it.

Forum List

Back