As a Brit, if I emigrated to America, you guys have taught me....

In fact, Chicago and New York (at least the parts that tourists see) are actually in better shape now than in the 1970's when litter and garbage were piled up on every street and a rape and a mugging was the way a New Yorker said, "Howdy".

Los Angeles and San Francisco, once lovely cities in the 1970s, now look like Calcutta on a bad day.

...that I would avoid California, New York State, and Chicago city. They all sound like shit holes.

Any others?
Some of the most beautiful areas in the country

It would be a good idea for you to to stay away

Last edited:
In fact, Chicago and New York (at least the parts that tourists see) are actually in better shape now than in the 1970's when litter and garbage were piled up on every street and a rape and a mugging was the way a New Yorker said, "Howdy".

Los Angeles and San Francisco, once lovely cities in the 1970s, now look like Calcutta on a bad day.
That´s way better than the 1870s, when he horse shit piled up between the multi-story tenements.

...that I would avoid California, New York State, and Chicago city. They all sound like shit holes.

Any others?

Don't let the Fatty people distract you.
Most have no paasports andf think that inter state movement is novel and exciting .
If they do not bore you to death their poison food and insipid drinks full of sugar and chemicals will rot your gut and ruin your health .

But smile always , and , if necessary, patronise them . You do not know which of them are gun carrying psychos and violence runs in their veins .

Any others?

As a Conservative Brit I would recommend you tour the highlights of Red State America

Walmart
Dennys
Abandoned Cars on Lawns
Pawn Shops

I communicate regularly with people from all three of the mentioned venues. All are great places with pockets of horrible, newsworthy, activity. You simply cannot presume that entire large cities are defined by what goes on in literally a few neighborhoods of those cities. California remains a wonderful place to visit (especially on an expense account), but I can't imagine many productive people wanting to go there and live, but for the right job opportunity, who knows?

If you did this you would be missing out.

But they do have a good share of non-white people in them, so you may not like them.
You’re saying that shit holes and non white people go together

Thats rare honesty from a lib

You’re saying that shit holes and non white people go together

Thats rare honesty from a lib

Nope, that is not what I said. But you are a MAGA worshiper, so lying is built into your DNA

I communicate regularly with people from all three of the mentioned venues. All are great places with pockets of horrible, newsworthy, activity. You simply cannot presume that entire large cities are defined by what goes on in literally a few neighborhoods of those cities. California remains a wonderful place to visit (especially on an expense account), but I can't imagine many productive people wanting to go there and live, but for the right job opportunity, who knows?
The forums make out New York state is full of bussed in illegals, and New York city is a guaranteed place to get mugged. California just sounds woke and expensive. Chicago, guaranteed to get shot.

California has some of the most beautiful sites in America
But most of the state is freaking ugly. Flat, brown, dusty with towns full of strip malls.

The forums make out New York state is full of bussed in illegals, and New York city is a guaranteed place to get mugged. California just sounds woke and expensive. Chicago, guaranteed to get shot.
STAY AWAY

Visit Red States
so much to see and do

and all are wrong.

but hey, you keep on believing what you read on a far rightwing political website...

As a Conservative Brit I would recommend you tour the highlights of Red State America

Walmart
Dennys
Abandoned Cars on Lawns
Pawn Shops
I've been to Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. I've been to Maine, but just stayed within the airport for a connected flight. My brother drove down to Miami, but I didn't because Miami was portrayed as drugs and guns territory in our news. A number of tourist muggings etc.. had taken place.

Any others?
Chicago is still mostly good. Unlike other cities, you will be perfectly fine if you just avoid a handful of areas where the vast majority of crime, especially violent, occurs.
California is on it's way to an entire collapse. But like anything that big, it takes years to fall.
The cost of living there is staggering, half the main cities are becoming damn near third world with vagrants taking over whole areas of the cities. So many, that the vagrants are now going into the suburbs and claiming homes.

Forum List

Back